Vraa 2016 Tech Inspection

Old23

The scrutineers have completed their work. The cars have been poked and prodded, measured and weighed. There were a few minor transgressions of the maximum tire width spec in GP2.5 (noted in red on the spreadsheet). As these were all front tires, were likely the result of a failure to adequately smooth the tire casting flash, and in no case did it affect the tire contact patch, I am going to let the culprits off with a warning and a public shaming rather than assess any penalty.

Several cars in both classes were submitted with tires pushing the limits of the rear tire width spec for the same reason. If the rear tire width measurement of your car on the spreadsheet is 7.25mm, I'm probably talking about you. Gentlemen, in future please take a few minutes to sand or grind off this unsightly bumpiness. Extra width in the tire sidewall offers no benefit to traction, it looks like crap and it must have some, albeit small, negative impact on the balance of the tire/wheel and smoothness of the car.

Rant over.

Here are the entrails... I mean DATA for you to study.

Tech%20Inspection%20jpg_zpsqhtpgu66.jpg

I will post top and bottom photos of each car tomorrow.

Old23

• Upvote 1