Nc-1 Motor Replacement

dangermouse

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gas41T/Rosco.

Ta for info'.

So have you picked out all the good ones - Te He.

Had thought of trying to get local retailer to stock but perhaps you are it.

How much please? Could get you to send a couple back with OZ Rally cars or like.

Regards Chas Le Breton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bram and Wobble.

I appreciate these suggestions but you never know continuity of supply, quality, reliability or consistency with some of these motors. Best I think to stick to a named and proven brand. The likes Ninco and BWA remain high on my list. It is a pity that the likes of Slot-it or NSR do not produce a low power motor.

I know Dart Hobbies keep getting poor reviews for response times but the BWA NC1 is tops in terms of quality and bang for buck.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Bram and Wobble.

I appreciate these suggestions but you never know continuity of supply, quality, reliability or consistency with some of these motors. Best I think to stick to a named and proven brand. The likes Ninco and BWA remain high on my list. It is a pity that the likes of Slot-it or NSR do not produce a low power motor.

I know Dart Hobbies keep getting poor reviews for response times but the BWA NC1 is tops in terms of quality and bang for buck.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Chas you may well be correct in that the BWA NC-1 may be the best thing since sliced bread, but dangermouse's question in the 1st post is asking for alternatives.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hi Bram and Wobble.

Regards Chas Le Breton

I don't think anyone could regard Dart as a "continual" supplier, to read comments on various forums of waiting up to 6 months for a paid order to arrive and then have that same person suggest "thats just the way it is" is crazy.

Regrettably all the other suggested alternatives are not satisfactory, maybe thats the answer, and we have to suck it up.

Please excuse me butting in.

You obviously have a problem with a global supply motor. This series, (and others who specify a similar motor) are too good to allow to fade away without finding a solution.

Why not go for a standard 18K Scalextric motor....widely available, not too fast and cheap. Certainly not too powerful in this type of car.

At Wolverhampton in the UK, where we have run rounds of the IPS in past years the NC1 cars were still fun to drive , but it should be noted that the normal classes of very similar cars that are used run with Scaleauto and Slot.it motors. You don't have to use full throttle all the time!..

The standard Scalextric FC can motor is also fine in vintage F1 cars so again no supply/peformance problem.

You really only have to specify voltage at the current track your running and even then it doesn't matter if you use different voltages at different tracks it makes the event much more varied and can allow alternative cars to reach the podium if a particular voltage suits a particular car..

Kind regards

Alan

The Scaley 18k motor is the fastest motor class we run (with the odd exception on a couple of tracks which allow an 'open' class)

The NC1 is considered our slow class and the Scaley our fast class :)

ps good to see you back on the forums Alan - are you getting back into slots?

cheers

David

Heya Alan

nice to see you down there. I am not sure I have your contact details any more.

I have moved, we're living around the corner from you on the Costa Blanca. :)

- And we have a couple of spare rooms if you are RVing about and want a break.

Guys - I'll be seeing some slotting folk here in Spain over the next couple of weeks,

I'll see if I can find anything from them - eg IBB or Cartrix/Mitoos.

What are the specs, 14k or 16k - and torque, torque max is critical

- And does it need to be can-end drive or FK versus FC - etc

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi Mark

I was looking for something as close to spec as an NC1

The reprotec motors look promising they are rated at 13k - and seem to have similar torque to the NC1

The Cartrix TX1 seem ok as well though my experience is they are on the quick side compared to an NC1

cheers

David

From my experience (RPM's have been checked, but torque is via the 'by the seat of your pants' method)

Ninco NC1 / NC8 / N1 are all about 13 to 13.5k, and with mild torque

BWA FC130 are about 13.5 to 14k with slightly more torque

BWA FF-050 are about 14 to 14.5k with low torque

H&R Jack Rabbit are about 14 to 14.5k with HIGH torque

SRP 16k are about 15.7 to 16.2k with mild torque

I've not tested or used any MT-1's, but from what I understand, they are halfway between a NC1 and a BWA.

The H&R and the SRP are equivelent motors, but require VERY different gearing.

Neither belong in any NC1 class, but as the H&R is regularly bandied about as a NC1 replacement, I added it here.

Also, as the Ninco's run in, they seem to rev better and better...

Yep. Mac and a couple of others have the SRP16k in cars in the pre 65 class in HBMRC and they are definitely a lot quicker motor. - just a higher overall wattage.

Munter may have a solution soon anyway by the sound of it, but I'll still make some enquiries as backup.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: