dangermouse

Nc-1 Motor Replacement

I have made my pitch for motors with my guy and am waiting for a reply.....could be a long wait.

Remember them?

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I have had a response from my contact and it was positive so I will hopefully have some NC-1 spec motors for sale in three weeks or so.

Edited by munter

John Warren

Promising news John,

You wouldn't want to count those chickens too soon though.

begerk....one, begerk...two, begerk.... three....counting chickens is no fun.

John Warren

begerk....one, begerk...two, begerk.... three....counting chickens is no fun.

breakfast with begerk is fun ...

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Some time ago a cobber had one of these Reprotec Fiat/Seat's that he used to run with our classics and it was always hard to beat. Apparently the RT9 motor is very similar to a NC1. http://www.gruposlot..._speedlight?p=2

I finally built myself a dyno and tested some motors following the method described in slotcarnews blogspot

Motor torque 12v rpm12v watt

NC1.......35,61 13000 1,15

BWA.......107,83 13700 3,69

BWA 2nd...107,34 14400 3,86

MT-1......97,308 13700 3,33

RT9.......63,648 13100 2,08

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Yes tried them as well they are a Scaleauto 10k motor -they are ok in the corners but when you hit the straight they just do nothing :)

We are thinking about running some but will look at running them at 14v

The Scaleauto boss did tell me the other week they could produce a motor to the required specification for this use

- eg 14k @12v, 80 - 100 nm torque, and it wouldn't need to be 10,000, but maybe 2,000. But that is still a fairly large number to coordinate on-sale to the builders, and still a bit dear for what the guys here really want.

Is there enough common interest in the Cartrix TX-1 for me to talk to Diego about a price for a job lot of those?

The Cartrix motor is slower than the NC1, on the track. I have just tested 9 Cartrix motors and there performance is all over the place.

From 12,300 for 4 of them up to 14100 for the best two.

They seem to vary a lot from batch to batch.

As far as consistency the BWA are much closer and usually with a few hundred revs of each other.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Having had no luck with getting the BWA motor recently did try the H&MJR1 Jack Rabbit FC130 motor from the states , a nice 14,000 motor smooth runs well very drivable, but it,s the supply which would be the trouble as i have not been able to find stockists outside of the states, unless you lads know of anywhere else.

What about these mini reprotec motors

http://www.gruposlot...tor&results=188

Couple of chaps race on the sth side as well as with us here on the north of Brisbane - they stopped using BWA and starting using the TX1 motors - from what I have seen they can be quicker than the NC1 - but perhaps as fill said there is quite a bit of variance in RPM

Edited by dangermouse

Hi Guys,

I'll start off by saying I have no experience of any of this but was just having a thought bubble or two over the requirement of a motor of this spec.

Does anyone local (when I say local I mean Oz & Unzud) have any knowledge of sourcing electric motors in bulk from a manufacturer?

Going on what I've saw when of Al Penrose was sourcing his BWA motors I guess order numbers in the region of 5,000 units would be the minimum, which would require a reasonable investment up front.

So one person doesn't have to take on the financial risk in such a venture would crowd funding be a viable option or perhaps a co-operative group could be set up to achieve this.

any other thoughts on this?

Cheers

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Alan yes the minimum order to keep the price reasons le was 5000 units.

It was a vey long drawn out process, It took Al over 12 months to finally sort the order. The first two samples he was sent were different to the original BWA. The third sample was very close, but still produced marginaly more revs, but seemed the best solution, as it was taking months for each sample to be sent.

I believe Al still has a quantity of the NC1, but is no better to deal with then Art!

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Well I have paid my money and am now waiting for delivery.

I should have enough motors for you....and maybe a nine tooth pinion as well.

These are the BWA NC-1 motors.

John Warren

Why not just update to a NSR Shark 20k, and run lower voltage to the track?

Yes it means ditching some old motors, but the NSR motors are bloody consistent, albeit not the cheapest, but will be ongoing as they come std in NSR classic Le Mans sports cars.

At the same time you'd be supporting a Slot Car manufacturer, rather than a random manufacturer of electric motors.

Just a thought

Well I have paid my money and am now waiting for delivery.

I should have enough motors for you....and maybe a nine tooth pinion as well.

These are the BWA NC-1 motors.

I am afraid you will have to wait tooooo long.After 2 months of emails remaining unanswered i had to cancel the order and ask for a refund

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg