International Proxy Series 2017 Registration And Rules

alexis in greece

Entry list post #1 updated

Shakedown updated

32975764963_311bfe31b9_b.jpg

A couple of comments

Car#46 rear tyres were rubbing the body,since ground clearence was over 2mm i sanded them down and now ok.

Car#37 after a manual check i found that front axle was binding,dismantled it and found that some hair was trapped in the tube removed it and now ok but then i found the rear axle was binding and the worst news is that one of the axle holders was broken,i superglued the bushing and reinforced it with baking powder ,i believe it will hold now.

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have no news from cars

but since postmen are on strike this week i decided to wait a little more but we are definitely racing next week.Since we are behind schedule i will try to race both rounds in the same week,Monday and Wednesday.Another problem that surfaced is that Chaitas racing Garden track that was intended to be used for round 1 this week has been discovered during Sundays LMP race to be very dirty (it emerged that works took place the premises and the track was left uncovered).I consider this a danger to the cars so the first 2 rounds will be held on Hellenic Slot Car Club's Ninco track where shakedown was run and Nick's wooden track.

I have compiled a first tech data table with what is available so far.I did not want to unscrew chassis afraid of tampering with screw settings,(but this is a job i will do before i return the cars at the end of the series) so the table contains what can be seen from the outside.You are kindly requested to supply the missing data where this is possible.I am open to requests for additional info needed.

Please keep in mind that the column RPM motor does not reflect the actual motor rpm but it is calculated by wheel rpm and transmission ratio,there are cases,like car #4,that transmission is very tight and acts as a brake to motor

33947915635_0f0da662db_b.jpg

Because the image is not easily readable i have uploaded the excel file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_248kg4RNpoMkx0UklaS0tsQUk/view?usp=sharing]

Hi Alexis.

I do not recall gearing of my Ferrari 250 GTO No.72 but I am pretty sure 9T pinion with possibly offset 27T contrate - 3:1. Think I replaced original guide with standard Slot-it GC guide. Sure I told you this but you may have noticed Sebring chassis has been cut down to reduce weight.

All tyres are Ninco.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards Charles Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

• 6 months later...

Hi Alexis,

When you get the cars back and you are completing the tech data sheet, could you please include tyre diameter.

To fill in the blanks on my #68 Vette.

Pinion - 10

Body - George Turner

Guide - Sloting Plus Universal

Tyres - Ortmann (Front & Rear)