International Proxy Series 2017 Registration And Rules

alexis in greece

Gotta laugh, I had planned to do a C1 vette for months as there were a lot of GTO's this year.

I look at the latest list for 2017 and there's 3 vettes plus mine already.

Also 3 GTO's.

So far altogether there are;

7 Euro Cars and 8 Tanks, pretty even, plus I plan to enter one of each.

Might have to call it the Ryder Cup if this carries on.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexis,

Thought I'd ask the question here rather than adding to the can of worms on SCI.

I have taken receipt of some Penelope Pitlane tyres.

The rears are only 5.5mm wide at the external diameter of the tyre and 7.2mm at the internal diameter.

When on the rim they bulge out to 7.7mm.

In the rules does the 7mm tyre width relate to the tyre footprint on the track surface or the total width at widest point on the rim.

I'm thinking of using them possibly for the front as the footprint is very narrow for rear and would not get much better if trued down.

Alexis,

Thought I'd ask the question here rather than adding to the can of worms on SCI.

I have taken receipt of some Penelope Pitlane tyres.

The rears are only 5.5mm wide at the external diameter of the tyre and 7.2mm at the internal diameter.

When on the rim they bulge out to 7.7mm.

In the rules does the 7mm tyre width relate to the tyre footprint on the track surface or the total width at widest point on the rim.

I'm thinking of using them possibly for the front as the footprint is very narrow for rear and would not get much better if trued down.

Quote from rules

III. Tires and Wheels

1) Rear tires must be rubber or urethane,no silicone or foam,maximum width wall to wall 7mm

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Hi ZeGas and Alexis.

The tyres on my VRAA Vanwall are Paul Gauge. They were originally much wider overall (about 8mm) and also had a small footprint about 5mm. They appear to have been very similar to the ones you describe.

I was able to sand off most of the inside to meet VRAA rules without touching the outside tyre bulge. I then took them down to 22mm diameter and footprint of 6mm as required by the rules.

I imagine you could do the same without damaging the look of the tyres.

Have a look at VRAA photos if you want to see final result (Vanwall No. 20). In Tech thread I think.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Thanks Phil.

One more word ..... Birdcage :D

Sitting on the bench still waiting for a slack person to do the windscreen mould! I have roughed out the screen mould.

Hi Phil, if you are doing the Birdcage, can you please mould an extra 2 for me? Been waiting for a long time to build up one of those. Also when you have the time, how about a Lotus 23 or 19?

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Thanks Charles for the advice,

I'll try that out, going to try a couple of different tyres out.

Can't say at first sight I am overly impressed with the PPS moulding.

There are definite score lines in the mould that could end up being a weak point, and they don't fit the PPS rims that they are supposed to very well either.

Going to give my go to MJK tyres a go as well.

Just remember Curef99 it is 7mm not 7.2mm when sanding back.

• 2 weeks later...

In 2015 the 1st car fitted with slim motor finished 4th,weighted 73 grams and was geared 10/23,an MRRC Ferrari 250 GTO with plastic chassis

In 2016 2 cars was fitted with a slim motor,MRRC Ferrari 275P 19th and Lancia D24 20th in the stadings.When the cars return to Athens for the finel rounda full data table will be published

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alexis,

I am not going to have time to do two cars, could you please remove me from entering the Alfa (#126).

I will still be entering the C1 Corvette (#68).

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...