kalbfellp

Round 1 Shelmore Rally Park

Managed to get the WRC cars on the Rally track.

Great field this year again too many French cars!

Sorry Fabian.

4 Ninco Citroens, 2 Modified SCX, 1 Avant ,2 Ninco and one Scalex Subaru, One Pug returning form last year,one Focus, and my Ninco Lancer.

b_234636.jpg

Some of the cars are much different to drive from their last Proxy. Charles and Alexis's Subaru feel much more lively,

Also looks like Fabians has been re engined.

Only 2 cars are 4WD,my Lancer with twin belt drive and Peter Gunns interesting SCX with a double shaft long can.

I am not convinced that going with 4wd is a good idea,BUT time will tell.

This stage produced very close times.

233324.jpg

I am glad that I have anew car for this year as Charles and the AMCC were both much quicker than last year.

But The difference between Charles and my car was nothing!

So Charles can make a comparison to last year I ran my Pug from last year and it was 4 seconds quicker this year,I think due to the better grip and corner re alignment. That would indicate that he has certainly improved his car.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Thanks Phil for the run and update.Congrats to the winners.Quite a relief to be midfield (i was afraid i would be at the bottom) as there was no preparation time,the car was as it returned from OZ rally 2014,just new tires and off she went.I am anxious to see historics ,i expect better.

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Ouch looks like the Avant scoobie i entered last year which went so bad , is even worse this year after all the mods i did to it to make it better has made it worse which i thought impossible must be a knack I'm developing .

In the Top Ten. That will do me :P I didn't deserve that with very little preparation. No time when your retired :angry:

Are you running 3 stages Phil or a longer 2nd stage?

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

By the way... no such thing as too many french car.

And as we are a close group, one way to reduce it is that everybody has to pick a different car livrery.

this year:

240 10.1 8th

last year:

241.4 9.8 5th

so, reading the numbers, my car is doing better than last year but too many people improved! damn you all, you should not be that good!!!!

Edited by curef99

Hi Curef99.

I follow policy of changing as little as possible. My RAID NINCO Bowler Nemesis has 4 tyres glued and trued and lead added but that is all. Think weight about 120-125. I asked before setting up as my first RAID and was told about 130-50gms. Wheels, suspension, 4WD, motor etc have not been touched. Nothing changed for year 2 but tyres probably now nicely worn in. Truck has motor it came with.

WRC NINCO Subaru is also pretty standard but I did fit Ali wheels as it was my first rally car (5- 6 years ago) and that seemed to be what people did. Suspension and lights were removed but front left floating and 4 tyres were glued and trued and motor was glued in. Was weighted to about 95gms as far as I recall. Was left as 4WD but Slot-it F30 tyres a disaster. It has been fitted with MJK4219 rally tyres ever since.

Year 2 started with 4WD but belt came off early and it has been 2WD ever since. Glued rear axle in and added plastic stay behind motor to stiffen/remove NINCO hop. Weight about 100gms.

Year 3 and on just new rear tyres but weight slowly increased to something south of 110gms. Car still has original Ninco NC5 motor it came with. This was a contentious decision when first taken as most used the NC2. The NC5 is now a popular choice.

Historic Scaly Ford RS200 now in year 4 but has not been changed except weight increased from 100gms to about 107gms. Also moved some weight inboard to suit rules last year but have never used bottom hatch method. Because it was Scalextric I did change wheels at least at rear to Ali and beefed up guide post as I have broken a few of those. Shadow_Rusty and I decided to have a race for last and keep Scaly wherever possible but I decided to fit Scaly FF050 F1 motor to keep COG low but changed gearing to try and quieten down. Used Slot-it gear to improve ground clearance. Still has original motor but rear tyres replaced each year. This year it even got some new braids. This car has always been a handful to drive. In hindsight I should have stayed with Scaly FC130.

Hope this is of some help. Cars each year have had a few laps on my small Scaly track and the same on regular wood race track but never a rally track.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Hi Phil.

Thinking about my RAID truck are you sure you did not put some sheep on that wheel cocking corner to distract the driver.

Noted also that WRC Subaru was only about 0.3secs faster (compared to 1.2secs faster for RAID) than last year so this was probably due to track re-alignment.

Must say that when cars got back after previous series RAID was still great but WRC and Historic barely ran. Hopefully they will last the distance this time.

Appreciate you efforts to provide such a great event.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Happy with this years result so far. Went with a car I should've put in last year. Oh well . Lets see what the future produces. Congrats to the owner of the track :) and the other podiumites for this stage.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Oo

I thought the wrc car was better than the metro,

I'm scared to see the results of the historics now

Congrats podiumites

You and me

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi Curef99.

I follow policy of changing as little as possible.

I followed the same and build new cars in parallel and always compare to a known car. And if you look at the SCX... it did improve every year, i got a more stable car this year for example.

Well done to Phil and his Grandkids. Phil you left me in your dust this time. Hope my car is not wearing out already.

At least I managed to split the Tassie Combo.

Has your hill climb track been changed too or is it the same as last year? Have not compared times yet.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Now that's what you call consistant stage 1 7th and 12th, stage 2 7th and 12th trouble is wrong end of the table, looking at past results at Shelmore park not any of my cars favourite circuit for some reason put a lot of thought into the Scoobie this year but wondering why it,s so slow with the Ninco 5 in it way of the leaders time, congrats to the pods.

.. Charles: Stage one and two were both run on the Rally track, But The directions were reversed from last year. I.e. Stage one this year was the same direction asvStsge two this year. I only discovered this on Tuesday Rave night, when we were running Caterhams on the two tracks.

Re the Hillclimb track for the final Round next year only change will be the scenery completed , I hope!

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Some pics of the action from Stages 1 and 2.

b_234213.jpg

This car felt better than previous Proxy,maybe the better grip helped.

b_234236.jpg

My Ebay purchase Ninco Lancer 4wd.Built for this track.

b_234305.jpg

Bens C4.

b_234407.jpg

Craigs C4 Starting to get confused?

b_234322.jpg

At least Mels is a different colour! This one is very easy to drive.

b_234445.jpg

Another C4 this time Gas41T's.

b_234501.jpg

Fabians SCX Version,still sounds like at SCX!

b_234519.jpg

This is Peter Gunns SCX titted with a 4WD long can motor,very smooth to drive.

b_234535.jpg

The Grand kids Ninco Pug returning from last year. Minot weight change.

b_234553.jpg

Charles Ninco Subaru back again,very smooth this year a real contender,certainly better to drive this year.

b_234832.jpg

Peter Gunns Avant Subaru returning again, fast but feels light, does not like hitting the scenery.

b_234951.jpg

Mivesons Ninco Subaru, just not right some where,seems down on grip here.

b_235450.jpg

Boss 302 Ninco Subaru,last minute repalacement for the Avant Subaru he was going to enter.

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Hi Phil.

Only thing I think about my Subaru is as it has gotten older perhaps the motor has become a bit smoother. It seems no different at home. Just trying to keep it going.

Regards Chas Le Breton

The Special Stage has been completed.

The stage was run on a track that also doubles as the grand kids Monster Truck track.

b_210241.jpg

One of the tracks gave Charles Subaru the hurry up during the practice session.

b_210451.jpg

But once the Special Stage was under way the Subaru was well clear.

b_210355.jpg

Peter Gunns modified SCX ran well on the SS stage,scaring the Ninco's!

b_210310.jpg

This stage produced some very different results.

But did not have a big effect on the overall results.

125032.jpg

That pesky Kiwi Subaru managed to spit the two local cars.

b_161924.jpg

b_210517.jpg

I think the next few round will be very interesting as there are plenty of great cars this year.

The Raids are now in Canberra so the pressure is on to get the Historic car run ASAP.

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email