belles51

Mid-60's Indy Cars

Dont be sorry, they are great. My Indy knowledge is pretty limited so am unsure of what they were like in the sixties.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Interesting collection. Are they scratch built?

Looks like 1 offy engine car and 5 ford powered. #6 and #12 look modeled of Jim and Dans' Lotus 34. What are these models?

The # 7 look like a Lotus 49 ( Graham Hill ??) with a ford power plant with high exhausts. Curious to know what this one too?

Nice bunch of cars

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

That sky blue Harvey Aluminium Special of Mickey Thompson's at the back of the grid had been on the top of my wishlist when I saw a photo of it on the cover of Model Car Science back in the 60's. Never ever got round to getting my grubby hands on one as I was (and still am) living in a country that's in the backwoods of slot racing. The closest I ever got to owning an Indy slot car was when I built my own Lotus 38 by mating the front end of a Supershells BRM P58 with the rear half of an Airfix Lotus 24 and powered by a K's Mk.1 in 1965. Still have the car but sadly, the bodyshell is now in half a dozen broken pieces due to the deterioration of the plastic over the period of 50 years.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Where to start? All of the Lotus cars with the exception of the #6 (Beardog Lotus 34) were based on kit bashed lotus 49's. The Thompson is based on a bashed SCX sigma. The Offy MG is a bashed Scalextric Tupperware Ferrari. The Thompson and MG are Slower than a 3 toed sloth, which makes for great racing. The Lotus's or is that Loti all burn up the track.

Edited by belles51

MARK......FROM THE ARIZONA DESERT

I'd like to know more bout' the "kit bashed" part of the builds. They look part Scalex 49 and something else??

The Beardog 34' is a gem..did ya use the Beardog chassis and the Beardog motor?

Interesting Lim...its vintage now you know..... maybe worth putting together!?

Edited by slo1quick

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

"Interesting Lim...its vintage now you know."

Yeah, and so am I !!!

I might have a go at resurrecting it when I've got some time and the inclination, but it's going to need a lot of blood, sweat and tears!

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

YES, its all 100% beardog assembled by ab slotsport

Here is a quick how to:

1.Strip all as shown on the scalextric lotus 49

LOTUS%201a%20strip%20parts_zpscdjplwer.jpg

2 Trim the rear transmission plate and reattach it

LOTUS%202%20snip%20supports_zpsfbddiyqy.jpg

3 now it gets harder----FIND and attach ford exhausts and injectors. my exhausts came from old beardog spares that are long gone.The injectors were made from special

target pellets with flat backs mounted on rectangular piece of thin styrene plastic. The other option is buy an old Eldon lotus and cannibalize it. You can see I've used both, if you look at the top

picture with all the cars on it. Good hunting mates.

LOTUS%200%20parts_zpsynzk9f98.jpg

Edited by belles51

MARK......FROM THE ARIZONA DESERT