Garry J

2017 Nsw Scale Auto Endurance Championship

Bdatson..... thats going to stick!

bloody funny mate wasn't it 😂..

Hi can I book a table for twenty please ? Sure under what name ? Batson please oh is that datson? No it's Batson with a B for bob.. ok no problems thank you bdatson was the outcome 😂😂😂

Edited by Noel B

That was a totally awesome weekend of racing. Where else do you get 30+ of the best racers in Australia slugging it out? It is the biggest slot car event in Australia now, and for good reason. The atmosphere is fantastic, and the competition is world-class. The number of laughs we all had was just the icing on the cake.

Massive congratulations go to Noel, Andrew, Simon and Kim. It is great to see you guys on the top step of the podium because you totally deserve it and you gave us all a lesson in precision driving and car preparation. Well done guys! Your happy faces are an enormous reward for the people that made this event happen, and for the rest of us as competitors.

13 times world wanking champion. Not proud of it.

Many thanks to James for hosting the best enduro race in the country, and to Joe for manning the track call button for the entire race, saving us all from the carnage under the bridge.

Congratulations to the Queensland team. Great to see Andrew, Simon and Kim have a win after many attempts, and Noel who I believe now has the most number of wins for this event.

Apologies to my Phoenix team mates for picking the slowest motor of the batch and for not noticing my controller was broken for the first 6 heats. I was so slow all day it was an embarrassment until I switched to Tim's controller and suddenly was back on the pace. You have to laugh. In the end we managed to pick up a podium spot which we're very happy with.

Congrats also to Team Kaos (Cody and Tim) for wins in both Aussie V8s and LMP. Pleased to have supplied their cars for both classes.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

What an awesome weekend . Thanks to James , Gary and Joe . Had a fantastic time and so many laughs and new stories to treasure . The spirit at the track and also after catching up at the pub was great . Really close and fast racing shown over the three classes . Always great to catch up with mates from interstate and to be on the track with so many true champions.Great to see a couple of new teams on the grid . Armchair boys, it was a tough first hit out but you all showed fantastic race edict and I hope you come back next year to keep the blue flag flying. Great to see the new Vics do so well and I'm sure that they will be even stronger next time . South Aussies improved heaps and loved hanging out with you guys . Qld it was fantastic to see Andrew,Simon, Kim and Noel do so well with a fantastic win . Massive thanks to Cam for getting Chris and myself to a second place . I still can't believe it . Thanks to Noel and Cam for all the driver education over the last 12 months. Both true , humble Champs . The only sad thing is we have to wait another year till it's back . I hope that we can work out what we do from here, with the new chassis. Need the brains in the sport to come up with the simple answer. Thanks to all the racers over the weekend had a blast .

Cheers Pagey

Sorry about that Ian, at least we got it sorted before the race.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

A note of thanks to James from Hornsby for opening up the centre and being a true gentleman through the weekend. Also special tribute to Garry J who after recent surgery, managed the entire weekend's proceedings under difficult conditions. To our competitors, thanks for a great racing weekend, in general most were very respectful on the track. For the marshalls great job under at times difficult circumstances. As usual a few "characters" came to the fore adding to the spectacle. Special thanks to Jason who prepared our "viper" which whilst looking very sad at the end, still got us into fourth. (thanks Dimma). We learnt a few things along the way and hope to be back next year. We hope wise heads prevail and keep this series alive, with the new cars scale auto are adding this year, hopefully we can see a challenger to the supremacy of the Viper. Also thanks Brooksy for stepping in to assist in the LMP event. see you next year ;)

lastly congratulations to all the winners, each of you were very deserving. see you all soon

Hi Garry,Things were a bit hectic at the end of the race yesterday.I just wanted to say a big thankyou for that rocket ship you gave us yesterday.The thing was awesome mate.Hope to see you all again next year.Regards Brad (HSC).

I would like to thank all the people involved in setting up an event like this.

From the guys at Hornsby, the people who donated tires and motors and the organizers well done to all involved it was awesome!!!!

To all the competitors, i loved the racing over the whole weekend it was fast and clean and i really enjoy chasing down the faster teams.

They make me push my driving level and eager to build a Better car to go faster.

Thanks to my Team mates for a fun filled weekend and it was great to get Dimmers back behind the wheel we learnt a lot over the weekend and we will be a better team all round next time

Really had a ball :)

Race Ya Later

Jason

Cheers for a great weekend guys! Shoutouts go out to Gary J for organizing the racing and event side of things. James for once again hosting, and Joe for his marshaling efforts. I had a fantastic time both racing on track, as well as catching up with everyone both at the track or at the Blue Gum. Saturday was more of highlight for me, taking out a 3rd place with John A in the Slotworx event, and a highly respectable 6th place in the LMP event, managing to pair up with Mark at the last minute. both cars were a pleasure to drive. Sunday however wasn't meant to be (again), as we encountered a few issues along the way. I was most surprised about snapping our guide off clean. At least i know what to look out for next time! But it was quite amusing trying to guess what was going to break next. The Armchair boys gave us a bit of banter last night, but they too said they enjoyed the weekend. We'll be back next year, hopefully with a Jag!

Cheers,

Brooksy.

Brooksy

Great weekend.. It was great to go to an event and be in teams that had cars fast enough to top qualify in two of the events.

My LMP car was a rocket.. one of Gary J's creations, I just assembled it, put the body on and it went... Foxy top qualified with it and set a blistering pace.. a pace I just couldnt replicate. Still, to get 3rd in such a classy field was'nt to bad.

Note to self.. let the locals drive the gutter lanes next time!

The Scaleauto race result was the most satisfying I've had in years. The car was so good even after emerging from the dark side of the track ( purple and black) we were still in front. That was a huge psychological advantage and boost for the team. On practise day Andrews car was very good.. continual tweeking by Noel found a couple of 10's and even though the motor handed out was no rocket the car was a very forgiving drive that picked off most competitors thru the twisty stuff.

Big thanks to all for attending, especially Gary J and James for organisation and the venue. Looking foward to next year... what car will it be?

On the what car will it be thoughts Kim and all fellow racers.. what about an 8 hour LMP enduro at Hornsby some time this year ? It seems a shame to wait a whole year to race on what a lot of people think is one of the best if not the best scale track in the country. A year is a long time to wait for another awsome Blue Gum weekend I mean race week end 👍

8 hours of LMP, we'll all need a valium after that :blink:

I assembled the winning car on Thursday night and did nothing to it other than hand it to Tim and Cody to drive. These cars are fantastic and in spite of having my own cars I still race Jan's 'Red Roo 1' chassis in our local races because I like it. It's fast and it wins races so I see no reason to change. Although I might try the car from last weekend next time at Jan's.

Interesting that although it's the fastest class it was the cleanest racing on the weekend.

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

8 hours? Pfffft... that's nothing! They race them for 24 hours in Europe, although there can be some unintended consequences....

IMG_0153_zpssjkhhydn.jpeg

Edited by Tim Tyler

....any photo's from the weekend???

Jan

33138922016_50b53bff8f_z.jpg

33138920846_4d6052d19b_z.jpg

33138923316_c5b7a53972_z.jpg

33052940671_f82d74b415_z.jpg

33052944271_5b5b4d8a1b_z.jpg

32365507923_b7264914b6_z.jpg

33052943231_2ef77c59ee_z.jpg

Thanks to Jan and Shane for their sponsorship of the event as well.

Top weekend of racing.

Hoo Roo

8 hours? Pfffft... that's nothing! They race them for 24 hours in Europe, although there can be some unintended consequences....

IMG_0153_zpssjkhhydn.jpeg

wouldn't mind another enduro race over seas with you Tim..
  • Upvote 1

That is easily arranged. All we need to do is keep in touch with Gabe Inabnit and make sure we can join in one of their races.