2017 Nsw Scale Auto Endurance Championship

• 4 weeks later...

Jason the new SC8003 chassis is just one item in a bunch of new stuff from Scaleauto.

If we change the rules to allow new faster bits what will happen to the class? Will everyone upgrade to stay competitive? I doubt it. This isn't a cheap class, a new SC8003 chassis will cost over 80 euros and I wouldn't consider it money well spent, if you want run high tech Modern GT we already have that class and high costs keep the numbers small.

I don't have an answer, all I'll say is that the current format with a very basic car has proven to be popular.\

Pics of the SC8003 are here - http://evotecshop.com/en/chasis-grz-1-24/9197-chasis-sc8003-gt3-1-24-kit-piezas-carbono.html

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

• 1 month later...

The Melbourne guys have 5 ScaleAuto drivers, too many for their team. Mark has asked if 2 drivers can share a drive, that is 2 of their team will drive 4 lanes each. I think this is OK for the enduro and better than having 5 driver changes each bracket. I suggest that the 2 drivers must drive an equal number of lanes and nominate their lanes before the race.

Any thoughts? Should they both pay full entry?

Will the Blue Gum have enough VB in stock for so many Mexicans?

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

No worries guys, only a pleasure to help and be a small part of this race-that-stop-the-nation-slotenduro-event.

Please remember to make sure the motor mounts on your V8's are 1/4"(6.25mm) on both sides of the motor. I use a round 1/4" file from Bunnings to do the job quick easy. Having said that I am sure Cam has already designed the chassis with this in mind - so just check.

All the very best for the festive season and hoping you will all come back 1/10th quicker in 2017.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

2017 LMP rules have been added to the http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/forum/185-2017-124th-scale-auto-and-oapr-lmp-racing/ section.

The only change is the new 919 Porsche body from Ian Mugford. Not sure who's making the bodies but you can contact Ian on here under the handle imugford.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Hi guys,

Ian has been working hard to get this 919 right and I have had the privilege of getting my grubby mitts on one - (thanks for that Ian). The dimensions are good, the detail is good and the kit presentation is complete with everything you need.

I believe Patto has the decals, so it will be great to see a few on the track soon. Please when the first one is getting done, can you post some photo's of it on the other thread here on Auslot - 'A new concept is borne....'

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of clarifications to the regulations and info for the Feb Race. See the first post in this thread

1 - Handout tyres - you DO NOT have to use the handout tyres but you must use the same tyre which is stipulated in the regulations. Saturday is going to be very busy with motor handouts and tech, this will hopefully save some time as some teams don't use standard diameter and we don't want to be waiting for people to cut tyres. Also it will save me having to deal with people who aren't happy with their tyres.

2 - Motor handout for Aussie V8s will be early afternoon so we won't have any delay before the race. This means you'll be able to run your car with the new motor during practise. The standard rule still applies; if you're not happy with your motor you can buy another one but you can't run it and your car will be impounded until qualifying.

3 - I was in Sydney last week and the train fare from the airport to Waitara is now $20.00.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

"I was in Sydney last week and the train fare from the airport to Waitara is now $20.00"

WOW !!,.. Really ??

It could perhaps, be seriously Worth purchasing an OPAL Card !!,... although,... that IS/WAS from the Airport,.. and we ALL know about that ridiculous situation !!

I think about $15.00 plus would simply have been from the Airport, to the City !!

Ridiculous !!

It even costs you real Money just to pick someone up 'out the Front' now !!

:D

Edited by stoo23

After some consideration I think we'll give each team their tyres for Scaleauto when they pay their entry fee.

Then each team will have plenty of time to cut them and/or run them in.

Stoo, return ticket from Waitara to the airport was $19.50

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, it seems Wayne B, has decided not to run with us for this event, apparently due to Work commitments, so we have recruited another fine Retro Racer in Darryl Toole, to join JJ, Mark Fox and myself for this years event.

I guess as well, what with the closing of 'Raceworld' and only Myself actually living on the Central Coast, May I suggest a 'Team' Name Change to simply,.. Team JJ.

Thanks and see you all there.

:)

Cody the Vics will arrive around lunch on the Thurs and we will be eager to cut a few laps on the track

Also we have had a few Driver Issues

Ahh The Fun Of Organising!!!!

Chris Watts Cant make it but a replacement Driver Zane is taking Chris's Place as my Co Driver

In The Saturday Races :D

Mark M has vanished and i cannot reach him :angry:

so we are short a Co Driver for Mark P in the Saturday Races

if any one is looking for a drive in the LMP and Slotworx Races Please let me know

Thanks

Race Ya Later

Jason