mattcrackers

Pioneer General Lee

The earlier Mustangs had a slightly weaker motor so if you've got those the Camaros would have the edge.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Never ran in all my years with magnets Wobble first thing that goes out of any new car , on the motor front know the earlier motors with a small P are not as good as the later with a big P all my cars are on big P's 18 K, except Chargers all on 21 K

An update on the General Lees progress.

Thanks very much to Jules from Pioneers for the replacement parts he kindly sent me.

The General now has a very smooth and quiet gear mesh, and is nearly race ready.

At the next race meet I'll give it a run and see whether I need to add any weight or not.

I try not to run any weight in most of my racing cars but some do seem to need a little to help in the cornering.

Quite interested to see how the big boy runs against the other Pioneer muscle cars do the sheer size difference.

I have a feeling the 19k Dixie motor may be of some assistance, hopefully not too fast for the standard 18k cars.

Run a couple of Chargers including the General Matt and they are great fun sweeping though the bends, found on Carrera track the deeper guide underneath the box useful to lean on the corners more, noticed here the Moonshine version is on it,s way the same car covered in dirt it would seem

Moonshine version looks great - bit more like the car was in the TV show - seemed to be dirty all the time :)

Anyone want to buy my shiny one so I can get a dirty one :)

I have installed the deeper guide for use on our club track which is MDF finished with Ferrodore.

The General did have a run with the noisy gears and did lap OK, but would brake quickly due to the binding.

With the binding of the gears sorted the cars lap times should improve due to the smoother ride alone.

I have the new 'Moonshine' General and it's a great looking car, more like the TV show like DM has said.