Sign in to follow this  
Ember

Devis 3D Designs - New Products

Devis3D Designs (D3D) has recently launched several new slot car products. These items include a new Slot.it compatible S Can (FC-130) Anglewinder motor pod in both endbell and can end drive configurations, as well as a new Slot.it compatible S Can (FC-130) Inline motor pod in can end drive configuration.

S%20Can%20Anglewinder%20Can%20Drive%201%200mm%20small_zpsgdzoecm0.jpg

S-Can anglewinder

S-Can%20Inline%20Snap-in%20Bushings%20Can%20End%20Drive%201%20small_zps7ntesrhg.jpg

S-Can inline options

Universal%20Guide%202%20small_zpszko7qwbp.jpg

Devis 3D Universal Guide

In addition to motor pods and guides, we’ve released items to assist in building your very own wood slot car track. These items include a router base, router strip, guide strip, taping tool, and a How-To DVD.

More information can be found on the Devis 3D Design website.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Have got in use their FF one's and find them very good , also look out for the replacement they do for the Carrera guide system which takes slot it guides do a front facing and a rear facing one for the different screw mountings completely changes the car handling wise.

Thank you for the feedback, guys. :)

If anyone has any questions just let me know, and of course, we always welcome feedback; product suggestions and/or changes, etc.

Best,

Jeremy

Hi Folks, an old thread I know but I'm trying to track down some FF slimline motor-pods that are compatible with Slot.it chassis.

I did buy one inline pod from Shapeways a while ago with some other 3D chassis bits but the recent price hike makes these an expensive proposition especially when you have to add the cost of grub-screws (or seeds as some people might declare ... LOL) to hold the spherical bushes in place.

The Devis 3D pods have fixed mountings for either snap-in bushes (as used in most 1/32 slot cars) or 'insert bushes' as used for 3/32 axles in 1:24 scale Group chassis. There are several models of their pods with different 'offsets' to allow different axle height settings. All in all a very useful group of products.

However I was disappointed to read on another forum a post dated January 2018 that Devis 3D had decided to cease production of slot car products.

I have found a dealer in the US that stocks some of the Devis products but I'm a little concerned that I may end up with something I don't want. For example if you look at the pictures posted by Ember my thoughts are that the inline S-can pod with the large motor mounting hole at the rear (left hand picture) would be described as endbell drive. The dealer says it's can-drive.

And all the S-can sidewinder pods pictures posted on the dealer's website show the large mounting hole at the same end of the pod regardless of whether they are described as endbell or can-drive.

I don't have an issue with the FF Slimline pods but if I wanted to purchase S-Can pods I can see possible problems.

Does anyone out there have recent experience with Devis 3D parts or perhaps you have found an alternative source for ff pods, either inline or anglewinder.

Big Den

Last month, I ordered a few of the remaining stock of D3D pods and the quality has been fine as always. Bibby, always prototyped his products prior to full production runs by racing them or having others race the parts in proxies. Additionally Scaleauto makes a -5 offset inline ff can pod as well if that helps.

Edited by Brumos RSR

I bought a few pods off Devis just as they stopped making them. Got a couple of FF pods if you want them - $10 each + shipping.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Thanks Fellas ... your feedback is appreciated

Paul, I will PM you regarding your offer to sell 2 of the FF pods.

Brumos, I had a quick Google for the ScaleAuto pods but didn't find anything.

A shame that 'Bibby' isn't producing any more but I suppose commercial viability has to be a primary concern.

The US site I found that IS stocking Devis3D pods is probably OK but unless I'm sure of what I'll be getting it could be a gamble to commit to overseas freight costs.

Den

Yes Brumos it was LEB that I contacted.

I would have ordered a bunch of pods but as mentioned had doubts about the S-can sidewinder items - every other SW endbell drive car I own has the large mounting hole next to the left-hand rear wheel e.g Fly, SRC, Revell, Scalextric.

That's not what I saw on the website with the Devis pods.

Den

I'll check my inventory when I return home. If I have what you need I can send one for you to test. If it works we can figure out the details later. Looking forward to helping if I can. With the Scaleauto pods go to 132slotcar.com Check Scaleauto tuning parts, you will need offset gears to run this pod with low friction. Y

Edited by Brumos RSR