Slot.it Alfa Romeo 155 V6

Vinno

A little late putting this up but it is well worth mentioning that Slot.it have released their first sedan in the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 DTM car. In typical Slot.it fashion it is a very good representation of the real car and also great out of the box. I will attempt to have a bit more in depth look at the car in the next week or so.

Slot.it alfa 15501.jpg

Slot.it alfa 15503.jpg

What size are those rims? The rears could be moved out into the guards by the look of it.

It is a nice machine alright.

Perhaps that chassis could work well under other bodies??

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Munter

Rims are 15.8 X 8.2 and I did move them out to the edge of the guards.

I am thinking of using the chassis for a DJR Greenstuff Mustang I am working on as it fits quite well so yes it seems perfect for other cars. It is also 4 wheel drive compatible as it was in DTM.

4wd parts are on order for mine...

Although, somehow they seem very 'narrow', but I think that's cause I'm used to PC games and the Ninco version.

Like that this model can't be converted to Sidewinder or Anglewinder. Makes for a simple, cheap and close race class.

Hope each model's body weights and footprints are relatively similar so 1 car doesn't tend to dominate [not a stickler for scale replication, it's all about racing for mine!!].

Slot It website quotes the black motor as 21k? Is the motor itself stamped 20k Rossco?

That's odd the black bell end motor is 18k according to Pendals web site, the limited edition Alfa carry's the new 23k, and the kit and the latest Alfa seem to have this 18k motor in, will have to see what Sean says as i was under the impression the 23 would be the Alfa motor , and yes the 23 is a fast motor as good as the 25 but with better brakes and is very smooth been running a couple for a few weeks , one in the Porsche 962 Camel.

Slot.it's information prior to release was that this car would be the first to have the true '21k' motor.

That said, it's about the same pace as a Scaley Sidewinder down the straight.

I drove it back to back with my Scaley Sierra and it has a lot more punch down low. I am running low voltage(10 V) on my track too as it is tight so the Scaley's can be a little sluggish with a few grams of weight. To me it seems similar to all the other Slot.it standard motors.

As my track is very undulating it scrapes the front spoiler in quite a few places which is quite fun as it doesn't affect the handling at all.

Must admit, I'm a little disappointed...

To fit the 4wd kit, you need to change the rear rims from half hubs to full hubs.

Lucky for me, my Porsche 956 has the same dimension rims with a full hub.

Also worth noting is that the correct 4wd belt appears to be the 94t one.

Unfortunately, I have the 85t and the 110t ones...

:(

And then, it has different front rims to the 4wd Audi, so, the 4wd rims I have are also wrong.

That said, at 14.9mm instead of 13.5mm, they are only a little too large, and will work well with lower profile tyres.

Wow, what a bunch of pain...

On the plus side though, it did come with the belt tensioner/pulley, and the 4wd inserts which almost fit inside the 14.9mm hubs due to their flange.

Hmmm, a 'blue' scaleauto axle stopper (as found on the Viper) is the same diameter as the hub.

I think, with a little fiddling, I may be able to get it to work, but it wasn't happening easily...

Back to the Porsche hubs...

Damn inserts not wanting to come out...

Mumble grumble, etc.

I guess, I could fit just 1x Full hub...

Nah, that'd be 'cheating'...

Edited by shadow_rusty

What a great run you're having... i'm curious to hear how she behaves once you get all the 4wd bits sorted. I persnoanally would have preferred the alfa to be released as awd, or at least with a syggested parts list for conversion included.

Mine is a great runner and to this point all i have done is fit .5mm braid, screw loosening, glue and lube. My friend was so impressed with it he got one, and it is virtually identical. I have kept the stock tyres on both cars and consider them about right, more grip would make them tippy.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

To give it a run, I've fitted a Ninco / MSC 'o-ring' belt on the Slot.it pulleys.

On my tight twisty 'slipery' scaley track, it has definately made a difference.

So, a parts list...

Rear

• Full hub (15.8mm x ~8mm) Alloy Rears - PA-17mg (Only Magnesium Hubs are listed on slot.it site...)
  • Full hub (15.8mm x ~8mm) Alloy Rears - WH1050-AL (From Armchair Site, possibly old stock)

Belt/Pulleys

• 16t Pulleys - CH99
  • 17t Pulleys - CH100
  • 94t Belt (To Be Confirmed) - CH108
  • Pulley Plates / Spacers - CH98

Front Wheels (Assembled) <-- Cheaper way...

• 15.8mm Rims - CH72as

Front Wheels (Build yourself) <-- Handy if you have spares already

• One Way Bearings - CH96
  • Stub Axles - CH96
  • Spacers - CH94 (1 Pack does between 3 and 6 wheels)
  • Circlips - CH97 (1 Pack does 10 wheels)
  • 15.8mm Rims - CH72

Edited by shadow_rusty

That's easy.

Total cost: $Way Too Much.