2016 Tasman Cup Car Returns

Stubbo

Thanks Alan...

Was a great series, and totally enjoyed both the building, and the racing...

Looking forward to running again

My #10 Brabham and Oldslots #18 Ferrari arrived home from the Tasman series looking none the worse, thank sStubbo for a very quick trip home and for the running of the series.

Special thanks to Paul for the tyres, I have been using Pauls tyres for quite some time now and have a high opinion of both Pauls' service and his great tyres!

That was quick...

Both Tony's and my cars arrived yesterday...

Most of the others in the post today.

Gas41T

Lim

Aquakiwi

Chas

Peter Gunn

I also posted the Tassie cars. It will be interesting to follow their journey.

The Adelaide and Canadian cars will go in the next couple of days.

Alan Stubbings

Hi Stubbo/Alan.

Mine arrived safely today as well. Thanks for the great series and the tyres. Cannot wait to try out my car and see how bad the brakes are. Looking like I need an MRRC motor but I do like that full driver. Perhaps I will have a play with the gearing first.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

One of our group recently ordered a lot of different things from Art,

He was getting a little worried when he hadn't heard, but Art eventually responded and the order is proceeding, my mate ordered a lot of gear, maybe thats what you have to do to get a quickish response.

Doesn't bode well for me I'm about to order some motors and it may have to be a bigger order than I originally intended.

Is there only SCC who can supply the M/T motors?

From what I understand, mt motors are no longer being produced.

Certainly true for the mt5 anyway.

He was getting a little worried when he hadn't heard, but Art eventually responded and the order is proceeding, my mate ordered a lot of gear, maybe thats what you have to do to get a quickish response.

Doesn't bode well for me I'm about to order some motors and it may have to be a bigger order than I originally intended.

got a very small order, mirrors and steering wheels from Art yesterday, arrived very quickly.

got a very small order, mirrors and steering wheels from Art yesterday, arrived very quickly.

Good to hear, I think from what is said from time to time is that Art may get bogged down with one thing or another, maybe its a case of how busy things are in his part of the world.

Hi Stubbo and all.

My suggestion re BWA was a bit tongue in cheek but I had to acknowledge the great support Art has given to our proxy racing.

I also agree Art's service is sometimes frought with difficulties but he still deserves support and he usually delivers (sometimes eventually according to some reports I have read).

That said MRRC/SRP is well supported at least in NZ so should remain an option. Motors also at $12NZ are very competively priced.

Sounds like I will be having some fun testing BWA against MRRC/SRP. Hopefully my VRAA and TC cars will be available at the same time at some stage unless by some sort of miracle I manage to finish another car.

Was not aware other motors were now allowed in VRAA so clearly I did not read 2016 rules very well.

All the best for your 2017 builds/rebuilds.

Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Art does support the Proxy races,providing parts and motors. Just does not run the supply side very well.

SRP 16,000 motors are also in very short supply at present, so there is not reliable supplier of motors for next year at this time.

Hopefully the new stock of SRP will be available soon.

I am testing the SRP 18,000 against the 16,000 at present, lap times are only 1 to 2 tenths better with the 18,000.

Hi Phill car arrived back safe and sound and thanks to PG for the tyres at least got a decent set for the Lotus now, on the SRP motor front the 16K slimline is no longer listed on the MRRC site the motor used in all the Sebring kits is the 333 basic but they do a 333 tuning motor so this might be near the 16 , like you i have tried the 18k and not a lot of difference in performance at all, in fact don't think it brakes quite as well as the 16 on a long straight geared at 9x24.

The standard motor for cars with the sebring chassis is a 17k ff-050 with a longer, splined shaft...

At least, that's what the few I've had have...

That said MRRC/SRP is well supported at least in NZ so should remain an option. Motors also at $12NZ are very competively priced.

Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

unfortunately, at this stage, it appears that the lovely STO 16k is no longer in production.

According to their parent companies site (MRRC), the current lowest spec motor for Srp is 18k.

That said, mrrc have a 13k And a 17k motor listed under their own name.

I personally was hoping srp would continue to make the 16k in both ff-050 and fc-130.

In fact, I did try to enquire with them as to a 16k fk-130 as that would be a direct replacement for the Ninco sparker / eco.