Stubbo

2016 Tasman Cup. Round 7. The Finale, Cheltenham Park

The cars have arrived from Adelaide.

The Race will be this Saturday afternoon.

I may not get a chance to qualify the cars until Saturday morning.

And just to warn you in advance. I have a function to go to on Saturday night so I may not be able to get the full results up until sometime on Sunday. I will do my best to get them posted as soon as possible.

Alan Stubbings

The day dawns bright.

The track is ready. The drivers will be arriving a bit later and then down to business.

Alan Stubbings

I have just given a few cars a little run and some are faster than others!

Could be some interesting results later on.

Alan Stubbings

Qualifying is done.

Rnd%207%20Qualifying.jpg

No real surprises.

I did the qualifying run with the help of Slo1quick. All the tyres were wiped over with a damp cloth and no major issues were found (Thanks to the SA guys for sending them back in good nick)

Some of the cars seemed to have improved a lot over the series whilst some have gone the other way.

# 8 and # 56 just did not get going at all.

Old23, your car can put in a really fast lap but was just not as drivable as some of the other cars.

Whilst I could get some really quick laps for a number of the cars I think the racing may be a different story. I seemed that a few cars were a bit tippy.

It is a cold day here today and the track temperature may become a factor.

Racing later today.

Good luck to everyone.

Alan Stubbings

Thanks Stubbo.

Still sliding everywhere I guess on your track. Nevermind.

Can you keep my car until 20 August? I'm away until then now. (#6 - Difinity)

Can I get some proper feed back on my car would be very helpful as the comments previously don't seem correct IMO

Is it just a slow motor, wrong gearing, to high ground clearance, body touching, etc, etc

THANKS

ROSSKO

The results are in.

We have new first time round winner.

Round%207%20Results.jpg

The fastest lap and fastest qualifier goes to the Grandkids. The extra points will be added in the final tables.

Rossko, all of the drivers liked your car but it just had no speed compared to others. I'll send you a PM to discuss further.

I would like to thank our drivers Chris (mtpanorama), Neil (spoons) and Chris (manimmal). Also a big thanks to Stu (slo1quick) and another Stu and my son for helping out with the marshalling.

I will get some pictures etc done over the next few days. The drivers took notes for each car so I will post that in the next few days also.

And to the final series result.

The Grandkids have come home strongly and snatched the series for back to back Tasman Cups. Hopefully next year they will help Grandad build his car.

2016%20Final%20Standings.jpg

Congratulations to everyone. I'll have more over the next few days.

Alan Stubbings

Well that is a huge surprise looks like the little BRM brm got better as it went through the rounds

Prior to the round I looked at last years results and was hoping to improve by 4 or 5 places. When I read the results I refreshed the page in case I had read wrong.

thanks to all drivers and Alan

:) :) :)

Edited by dangermouse

Well that is a huge surprise looks like the little BRM brm got better as it went through the rounds

thanks to all drivers and Alan

:) :) :)

Used notes, nothing higher that a 20.

Alan Stubbings

Thanks for all the hard work put in throughout the series at all the venues by all concerned , been a interesting series for me doing it for the first time , quite suprising how these motors differ to each other even the same one's like the SRP 16 seem quite far apart through out the series, think 14 liked feeling snug round about 16th -18t place , have learned over the series it,s tippy at some ,smooth at a lot, needs more speed at quite a few, handles well, corners well, geared wrong, tyres could be better,to heavy so over the next few months gives me somehing to try to sort out and give it another go perhaps next time, congrats to the top 3 three very good cars all round .

I am very lucky that the car builder has just left to go and enjoy the rest of her Birthday! But no doubt I will here more once she is home.

Congratulations to David on the win and Stu for a good third place.

Hard day for JB after leading the series for so long.

That VRAA car of Stewart's has had a great result for being BWA powered, just as well he did not fit an SRP.

Thanks to the drivers and marshals and to Stubbo for running a great series.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Thanks for all the hard work put in throughout the series at all the venues by all concerned , been a interesting series for me doing it for the first time , quite suprising how these motors differ to each other even the same one's like the SRP 16 seem quite far apart through out the series, think 14 liked feeling snug round about 16th -18t place , have learned over the series it,s tippy at some ,smooth at a lot, needs more speed at quite a few, handles well, corners well, geared wrong, tyres could be better,to heavy so over the next few months gives me somehing to try to sort out and give it another go perhaps next time, congrats to the top 3 three very good cars all round .

Big thank you for hosting and to all that helped with the round, I am trying to learn how to setup these little cars 😋

Congrates to the podiumites

Congrates to all that entered to make this a very strong field of cars

It was a pleasure racing thanks

Rossko

Thanks for running and hosting, a learning curve for me, I did think the motor I used was a slow one, roll on next year.

Great resultful DM, you could see him coming home strong especially the last 3 rounds, commiserations to John, leading right till the last round,

Another series win for the Grandkids, well done!

Its been a very enjoyable series,well run and all the rounds threw up surprise results, lppk forward to next year, for me, hopefully a more competitive car.

Thanks Stubbo for the round and the series. Congratulations to the winners. Looks like the Elfin is consistent. Qualify's in the top 5 most times

but drops tin the bottom half for the race. I guess it was tippy again?

Thanks all. A lot to learn, but nice to finish somewhere in the peloton. I look forward to being able to host a round here in Canberra next time if at all possible.

Congrats to Dangermouse for his race win, and the Grandkids and Stu for their podium finishes.

A big cheer to the Grandkids for winning the Tasman Cup 2 years on the trot. Commiserations to John B for coming oh so close only to be pipped at the post. As for me, I'm thrilled to have finished so high in the standings, especially after my 20th place finish last year. Third place in such a competitive field is definitely my best result in the five years I've been sending an entry down under. :)

Stewart

Aqua, your car had a mechanical issue in one heat which cost a number of laps. We were able to get it fixed for the other heats.

Alan Stubbings

Thanks guys...

Been an enjoyable run, and very happy with my mid pack finish for my first year...

Time to build a more 'contemporary' chassis for next year.

Here are a couple of photo's of the day.

Our three drivers Chris (manimmal), Neil (spoons) and Chris (mtpanorama)(closest to camera).

IMG_3766.jpg

This time it is Chris, Neil then Chris.

Helping with the marshalling is Stu and Stu (not related).

IMG_3767.jpg

And a couple of shots of the field.

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6114.jpg

I am waiting for the comments to be typed up so in the meantime if you have any specific queries ask away and I will try to answer as best I can.

I will start to pack the cars for their return journey over the next few days. Please let me know if I can send some cars together.

I assume that I send all the Tassie cars to Phil.

Alan Stubbings

You can certainly combine my car with Marek's and send both to either one of us. Delivering or retreiving a car would be a welcome opportunity to do some lapping at The Autodrome.

Stewart