2016 Tasman Cup Round 5 Fulham Park Raceway

Stubbo

Hi Terry Thanks, There was not much between 1 & 10 at all probably a couple of offs . The squeeze also resulted in a few small " accidents " but thats what happen' in Squeezes or chicanes .

Probaby the Taswegan effect was because it was fairly cool . I think S.A. may of moved south a bit this year. Possibly we are level with Tassie!

Thanks Manimmal Yes we did have a great time. The results were very close right through. One racing accident resulting in one lap or so out of the lane could change the result by 2 or three places or maybe more .

Qualifying times are probably faster as I drove them ( but I did not drive in the race). I have probably done thousands of laps more on the FPR track than the drivers we had so we should expect faster qualifying times.

The drivers did very well and possibly drove more to keep the cars in the slot than ultimately doing the fastest times. For these races I do try to get the best drivers I can that are consistant and keep the car in the slot.

If you have a chance to look right through the individual laps they did not de-slot much with the reasonable cars. I can send anyone that wants it the Race Coordinator file of the race. It is really interesting to see the times of all cars.

let me know if you wish to have a copy.

We did have a very experienced person on the start finish line to place the stickers on . He chose to reduce the size of the stickers that I had provided so as to avoid any decals .. He was particularly careful in placement which I think those present would testify

So if your decals were removed in any way by sticker placement I am very suprized and apologize for that unless maybe they became dislodged while marshalling or in an accident . Perhaps we could have a look at some pre-race photos to see if they were present then or in fact when we received the car. If you can describe which decals are missing or damaged I will see if it can be noticed on the pre-race photos.

Perhaps send your photo of the car on all sides as it was when you completed it so I can compare at the Spitfire Raceway on Saturday.

to Manimmal, I have checked before & after photos including your car. I does appear the RHS white stripe has disappeared.

I also checked the few grid photos I took which show the sticker placement that was used by the start marshal

I will up load that to this page. So it is a mystery to me how the stripe disappeared if that placement was used. I do apologise for that happening but how it occurred i do not know. . The sticker placement in the pictures I thought was used in all heats of the race. If that is the case it should not of removed the decal or sticker from the nose of the car that it appears to be missing from as the lane sticker was on or near the front of the windscreen.

So from I can see the start marshal appeared to do every thing he could to avoid this problem considering a color sticker is needed for quick marshalling and to ensure if possible the car is not placed on the wrong lane which could result in damage to the car .

I am airing this so all involved can be aware of the problem & try to avoid it if possible. Maybe there is a solution that you can suggest so that it can be avoided but still have a lane sticker in place.

At least all concerned should be aware now about this issue.

ScreenSnapz003.jpg

ScreenSnapz002.jpg

Edited by John FPR7

It's all good John, just a bit of a bummer is all. The number has been dislodged from the nose 3 years in a row so whilst that's no surprise, the white stripe was, however we'll call it at that as I highly doubt anybody would go to the trouble of sabotaging my livery ;) We'll call it patina...

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Cheers guys for running what i'm sure was a great meet. A bit disapointed with my result after qualifying but that's how it is.

Um, i notice half my decals have been torn off, lane sticker monsters?...

Sorry Manimal but yes the the lane sticker removed your stripe , I was trying to place them where they would do no damage but obviously failed in your case . Perhaps a coat of clear would help . How do the other tracks avoid this problem ?

Again I apologise . Peter D .

PeterD

Thanks for running the round congratulations to the locals and DM . Dissapointing results are such a good qualifying effort. Looks like the Pendle tyres just have too much grip on this track? Lane two looks like the downfall of my car.

Chris you should clear coat over the decals,Testors decal Bonder works well!

While back in the pack a bit it is still another good finish for JB and still has a very good points lead.

Like Phil, I am disappointed with the 8th place (not 6th as indicated) finish of my #28 Lotus after being fastest in Qualy, Practice and the Race. But that's racing I guess. From the driver comments (most welcome, by the way) it seems my car had an excess of grip and tended to tip at the limit. That's no surprise, really. The tires that are perfect for one track will inevitably be too grippy for another and too slippy for a third. Those are the vagaries of proxy racing on the other side of the globe.

Congrats to the winner and podium place-holders. My thanks to the host and drivers for their efforts.

Stewart

Yep, mine is a mistake.

Mid pack finish for me.

Obviously too steep of a learning curve needed for mine.

Thanks drivers and marshalls. Congrats to the leaders.

Here is the actual Race Coordinator Print of the results . The software takes to 3 dec places . the spread sheet to 2 dec places so rounds off. I just checked the finish positions on the spreadsheet as to the positions on the Race Coordinator results

They seem correct but will see what Stubbo finds . Taking into account the extra 5 points for Old 23 doing the fastest laps in Qualifying and also the race.

I could of made errors entering all the figures on to the spread sheet - maybe blurry eyed after about 2 hours punching in figures.

RC%20Results%20R5%20.jpg

We never rely on the software to record the part laps as it is not always correct,it only estimates the part laps based on the previous lap time.

The part laps should always be checked manually, most race nights we find one error in finishing position from what the program indicates.

Ok Phill , no one suggested that before the event that the results would be not acceptable

I would like to run to laps not time next year as that is what we use normally for FPR racing if possible

I have found that the result is completely accurate that way over 5 years of using RC

The Check of accuracy is done by the drivers knowing the distance they were to the nearest competitor.

I have never had complaints about accuracy using Lap Finnish

The only race I use time finish for is enduros where the accuracy of part laps is not so much consequence

John I was not saying the results are inaccurate, just that the places where the cars stop on the track need to be checked.

We use RC all the time running timed brackets. But we always check the cars finishing position relative to each other as RC can place the finishing positions incorrectly IF any of the cars have an off or a slow lap in the last full lap that they complete.

This is simply a visual check on the relative positions to each other.

Edited by kalbfellp