2016 Tasman Cup Round 5 Fulham Park Raceway

Stubbo

Welcome back Tasmanites.

The cars are with John for the running of round 5.

The qualifying should be done soon and the race is scheduled for Wednesday.

The next round will be run on the 16th and then the final round on the 23rd so we will have a busy couple of weeks.

Stay tuned.

Alan Stubbings

Hi, The Car Trials & Qualifying for the Round 5 of the Tasman Cup 2016 at Fulham Park Raceway are completed. Here are the qualifying results

The%20Grid%202.jpg

TCFPR%20R5%202016%20Qualifying%20.jpg

Here is the trial I conducted on the Blue lane of FPR. This Lane is the most testing lane with the small radius squeeze corner and the small radius uphill corner. Most cars went very well on the Blue lane. Some had problems .

These are outlined below. If you have any questions either put them up here or email me at fpr10@bigpond.com.

Many cars a very fast and ther is very little difference in them in lap times . However there is also a lot of difference between the faster & slower cars. Some times it is obvious why - & sometimes not.

Hope to do well in the race on Wednesday night.

Cheers John

Tasman%20Trial%202016.jpg

Wow, top 10 in qualifying...

Thanks guys...

ps. Can't wait to see what the race brings...

Thanks for run John. There seems to be a big difference between trail and qualifying with my car. Was there a reason for this?

Comment re brakes noted but that is Solabotic motor.

Good luck with running of event.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Charles, hope all is well in NZ . I think the dfference in your times is nominally .2 seconds but it may not be that much as the Trial times are just a rounding to the nearest 0.1 of second.

The trial was done on Blue lane & the qualifying on yellow lane. Most cars were 0.1 faster on Blue lane . This was if they handled the small radius corners on blue well - the lane seems quicker than yellow . I think it goes in this order

for fastest blue or green then yellow then red from my observation.

Also the trial was conducted for a longer time on blue & the car was run about 5 laps after the announcements of new best lap stopped - so more opportunity for a quick lap compared to the set qualifying of 1 minute and about 9 laps without any de-slot.

So I hope that explains the difference Charles - or maybe I was a little slower driving on Yellow as it was after lunch ? - when the flag drops for the race all will be revealed.

Thanks & cheers, John

What a great looking bunch of cars and a interesting quali , noted your comments John about 14, using a SRP 16 motor so should be up on speed with others using his type of motor , is it just gearing ? or on the wrong tyre using MJK as well, looking forward to the race.

to Peter Gunn. I think it may be a weight of the car . But may put it on the scales & check compared to others . Also I will try to organise individual driver reports for the race tonight - will give some more opinions perhaps.

I built a heavy car last year. It handled well but was slow. I think it was bout 75 grams

I think the ideal weight may be about 62 to 67 grams - others may give a different opinion

Cheers, john

And the Marshall's paying full attention to the Job ( unless they were eating biscuits or Pascal's Bananas)

Peter & Mike - Mike runs Western Adelaide Raceway

ScreenSnapz005.jpg

And the ever faithful Bert the Bulldozer

ScreenSnapz006.jpg

Last we have our favourite Gnome Otherwise known a Bear - Centre of the picture

ScreenSnapz007.jpg

Many thanks to the Marshall's for attending & dedication to the job

So it's off to Lenny's Spitfire Raceway for round 6 on Saturday.

Edited by John FPR7

Hi John FPR7.

Thanks for the great run. Congrats to the podiumites and organisers. That was some close contest at the front. The car reports for each lane were also appreciated.

I might have been down the ranks a bit but was more than happy when I saw the company I was keeping. Any race where I can finish close to Stu, Phil and Stewart (Old23) cannot be too bad.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Thanks Charles. This years field was very impressive. and most handled the track very well - particularly the seasoned entries.

Good to see another entry from NZ as well. Yes we were surprised at the end result as well and Max & Myself never expected the podium

but maybe our cars realised they were at home and gave their utmost.

Thanks again for your help formatting the Gold Star section of the FPR Adelaide F1 we held last month. There is quite a bit of interest locally so the field should be bigger next year - hope we can get a couple of you from over the ditch to enter the proxy sections of 1/32 Adelaide F1 and also the 1/24 Gold star section - great to be able to promote home building of the cars.

Cheers John

Thanks for running the round john,

Great results for the podium finishers,

Pretty happy with my 10th place.

Great pics and so good to see the motley lot of drivers who turned up, to me, theres' a certain "tasmanian" look about them?????

Cheers guys for running what i'm sure was a great meet. A bit disapointed with my result after qualifying but that's how it is.

Um, i notice half my decals have been torn off, lane sticker monsters?...

My mum says I'm an excellent driver