Just a quick heads up regarding rules and regulations.

Slot It's latest Group C Car, Nissan R89C #25 (Product Code SICA28D) comes out of the box with Slot It's new 23,000 RPM motor (SIMX16). As a result, any team wishing to replace their current motor with the new SIMX16 Motor is allowed to do so.

Note: Performance wise, they are the same as the current Orange Can Motors in previous Slot It Group C models. More information on the new SIMX16 motor can be found on the following link - Slot.it News - New Motor

As the new motor endbell is now the same dark red color as the Slot.It 29,000 RPM Motors, All motors will undergo a rev check in scrutineering. Any motors found to be running on or more than 27kph on the Tamiya Speed Checker at 12 volts will fail scrutineering. Current tests show that both the Orange Can and new MX16 Slot.It motors run between 24 to 25 kph on the speed checker. No excuses for being over the limit will be tolerated.

Regards,

Sydney Interclub Challenge Committee.

Capture_zpssz1h7tcm.jpg

St Andrews raceway team 1 gave our car a good flogging last night one very easy car to drive will see how it goes next Saturday mx16 motor replaced with mx06 21,500 rpm one as the rules did state orange end bells

IMG_1010_zpsjxghxgkh.jpg

and if that's no good ill go for a back up car.

Edited by Phil.b

St Andrews raceway team 1 gave our car a good flogging last night one very easy car to drive will see how it goes next Saturday mx16 motor replaced with mx06 21,500 rpm one as the rules did state orange end bells and if that's no good ill go for a back up car.

Good to hear that the guys at St Andrews are busily prepping their cars for next week. I'm sure your cars will be on pace. With a good driver lineup, I'm sure you'll be at the pointy end of the field.

Capture_zpssz1h7tcm.jpg

Hi All,

I just want to clear up a few queries from some of you in regards to the rear rims and tyres, more specifically the tyre diameter size.

With the Original Group C Rear Rim (SIPA43AL) and Sideways 19x10 High Grip Tyres Un-trued (SWHG1S), the maximum starting diameter is 20.3mm.

To ensure no one is running the wrong rim and gaining an unfair advantage, especially with the long straights at 1:32nd World, We will be checking tyre diameter sizes. Any one found to be over 20.3mm will fail scrutineering. No excuses for being over the limit will be tolerated.

Please ensure that you are running with the "Original Slot It Group C" rims that came with that car. You won't have a problem passing then.

Regards,

Sydney Interclub Challenge Committee

Capture_zpssz1h7tcm.jpg

hope your speed checker is not reading the same as slotrunners both my cars with the two different motors and a test chassis with orange motor are pushing 28-29kph both brand new motors mx16 and a mx06

IMG_10291_zpsnmoupcfe.jpg

Edited by Phil.b

hope your speed checker is not reading the same as slotrunners both my cars with the two different motors and a test chassis with orange motor are pushing 28-29kph both brand new motors mx16 and a mx06

It could depend on the Power Supply too Phil. So long has you haven't accidentally put in a 29,000 RPM motor or tampered with the motor any way, you'll pass with flying colours. I'll have my equipment set up before practice so you can check an make sure it's under.

Edited by Sydney Interclub Challenge
Capture_zpssz1h7tcm.jpg

It could depend on the Power Supply too Phil. So long has you haven't accidentally put in a 29,000 RPM motor or tampered with the motor any way, you'll pass with flying colours. I'll have my equipment set up before practice so you can check an make sure it's under.

Power supply Dick smith D-3800 i think half of sydney clubs have one of these

and in the pass i have tested other members speed checkers and they are all with in 1kph of each other

as for testing cars if the track power is set to 12 or 12.5 volts that's the power that the cars should be check with

as you are now running two types of motors one 21.500rpm and one 23.000rpm they should be check with the same

power supply that the track will be running Power volts and amps all make a big factor testing cars motors

Just my say guys have a great meet

Cheers Tony

Edited by slotrunner

Here are some photos of the Speed Checker and Power Supply we will be testing cars on tomorrow night.

At 12 volts, All three Armchair Cars rev out between 25kph and 26kph. Interesting to note that the Nissan has the new 23,000 MX16 motor in it, however it's slower that the Orange can motors by 1 kph.

2016-08-05_14.37.341_zpsiohcqwvb.jpg

2016-08-05_14.37.061_zpsfirgqsnd.jpg

2016-08-05_14.36.161_zpsxpmzxktm.jpg

As like tony stated above, so long as they are within 1-2 kph on the same voltage speed as the track power, in this case 12 volts there should be no problems.

Capture_zpssz1h7tcm.jpg

Have you measured what voltage is actually at the rails both unloaded, and loaded?

Fairly certain that that is a fairly low end power supply, and the voltage will almost certainly vary a fair bit depending on the load being drawn.

Here are some photos of the Speed Checker and Power Supply we will be testing cars on tomorrow night.

At 12 volts, All three Armchair Cars rev out between 25kph and 26kph. Interesting to note that the Nissan has the new 23,000 MX16 motor in it, however it's slower that the Orange can motors by 1 kph.

2016-08-05_14.37.341_zpsiohcqwvb.jpg

2016-08-05_14.37.061_zpsfirgqsnd.jpg

2016-08-05_14.36.161_zpsxpmzxktm.jpg

As like tony stated above, so long as they are within 1-2 kph on the same voltage speed as the track power, in this case 12 volts there should be no problems.

Well with this power supply all cars will be under 27kph and as for the 23.000rpm motor as i said volts and amps this unit would only have 1 amp track power would have more then 4 amps and this will change the way motors run it would be best to test them with the track power supply to get a true reading it is a fact that bigger motors will run slower on a power supply with less amps but when they go on the track with a bigger power supply and more amps they may run much faster i have done many test with power and amps over the years and the best advice it to use the track power to test all the cars to get a true reading

this is what i said

as for testing cars if the track power is set to 12 or 12.5 volts that's the power that the cars should be check with

as you are now running two types of motors one 21.500rpm and one 23.000rpm they should be check with the same

power supply that the track will be running Power volts and amps all make a big factor testing cars motors

Cheers Tony

Edited by slotrunner

If you put a guide on the front of the Tamiya speed checker, you can drop it onto the track, pull full throttle, and test.

I think my cars will be fine with that speed checker set up hope to be there mid-late afternoon for a practice and make sure our cars are all good to go racing should be a good night is that the final number of teams entered for the event and is final practice on a rotation system with team name for each lane and a set time for each lane or nobody will be able to get on, cheers phil catch ya all tomorrow.

Hi All,

Last night One:32nd World played host to Round 1 of the Sydney Interclub Challenge 2016. Ten teams of 2 drivers, across 4 clubs battled it out over 1.2 hours in what turned out to be an epic race.

There were plenty of competitors that arrived early to take advantage of practice and any last minute mechanical changes required for the race. The St Andrews teams only seeing the track for the first time yesterday were making the most of the time available. It was great to see plenty of spectators that turned up too to check out the action. This included Clubs from Xtreme Trax Dapto and Scalextric Club Australia. We hope they can join us next time with a team or two.

All teams passed scrutineering without any problems. In the motor department, there was little variation between the teams, all revving out within 2 kph of each other on the speed checker.

Next on the program was Qualifying. This was a new experience for quite a few drivers, as each team had one minute to set their fastest time on a nominated lane. There were a lot of nerves as some felt the pressure of everyone watching you set your fastest possible time and trying to snatch pole.

Mick Young (Youngy) gave it his all for One:32nd World, posting a blistering 7.038 second lap with his Toyota to claim Pole Position. A great job considering this was his first qualifying experience. Jason (Brooksy) managed to squeeze into 2nd position for Armchair, 7.212 seconds was his fastest with the Nissan. Mario took out 3rd place for Slot Shop, the Nissan managing a fastest lap of 7.218 seconds. Qualifying ultimately set the starting grid for the race, with many of the fastest teams opting to start on a bye and come on at a later stage.

The race was split into 2 stages. This enabled each driver to race on each lane once throughout the night, 3 lanes in leg one and the other 3 lanes in leg two. At the end of leg one, It was One:32nd World that were holding out the top 3 positions. John and Anthony (Caddo) stormed to the front, the Lancia holding a 3 lap lead over the filed with a total of 340.8 laps. Joe and Youngy were in second with their Toyota completing 337.5 laps. Third were George and Dave with 331.5 laps also with a Toyota, enjoying their first ever competition race event.

Part two of the race saw a few teams come undone, Slot Shop 2 comprising of Sean and Adam having a few rear wing problems and lead wire issues throughout the race. Armchair 2 (Ian and Brooksy) also had to reattach their wing with race tape as it came off in one of the warm up laps before the heat start. However it was John and Caddo that bagged the double finishing with 349.6 laps. Joe and Youngy second with 340.0 laps, and Slot Shop 3 comprising of Mario and Graeme taking out 3rd place with 328.9 laps.

Overall after adding up both parts it was a win for One:32nd World, John and Caddo driving a commanding race with a well setup car, winning with a total of 690.5 laps. Second also went to One:32nd World, Joe and Youngy finishing up 13 laps behind with 677.5 laps. Mario and Graeme jumped up the order to take out 3rd place, completing with a total of 655.5 laps.

In the Interclub Challenge, One:32nd world leads with 46 points, Slot Shop second with 27 points, Armchair third with 19 points and St Andrews forth with 16 points.

We must thank again Graham and Simmy from One:32World for hosting us last night within their wonderful premises.

For full race results and photos, please check out the posts below for more info.

We hope to see you in 2 weeks’ time at Slot Shop for round 2 of the Sydney Interclub Challenge.

Regards,

Sydney Interclub Challenge

Capture_zpssz1h7tcm.jpg

Sydney Interclub Challenge 2016 - Race Results

Round 1 - Saturday 6th August - One:32nd World

Race Results - Final

Final%20Results_zpsbcsgloin.jpg

Race Results - Part 1 and 2

Race%20Results%20-%20Parts_zpsu5hr9h9t.jpg

Round 1, Race Part 1 - Spreadsheet

Round 1, Race Part 2 - Spreadsheet

Qualifying Results

Qualifying%20Results_zpsw0esibrs.jpg

Qualifying Result - Spreadsheet

Team & Interclub Pointscore - Round 1

Pointscore_zps5fkhkq6d.jpg

Edited by Sydney Interclub Challenge
Capture_zpssz1h7tcm.jpg

Well done all and thanks to the host graham and simmy for such a great track to race on I think with a bit more track time and better tyre and car set up we would close the gap but all is done and dusted,thanks to Jason for setting the racing up all night,and well done John and caddo on a great win with that rocket lancia on rails all night and see you all in 2 weeks at the slot shop for the 2nd round cheers Phil and boys from St. Andrews raceway .

What a great night of racing. Thank you graham and simmy for your hospitality and the beautiful track and venue. Thanks Jason for the smooth organising and the whole effort of getting this event running. It was great meeting all the teams and drivers great night all round.

Regards

Muzz

G'Day Jase,

Completely agree - the night was a great success! Well done to yourself for all the event management, and to 1:32 World for hosting in a great venue! To me it seemed there was a positive vibe all night.

Caddo & John's Lancia was surely the dominant car & crew of the race - 2/10's quicker than the best of the rest was fantastic!

Be interesting to see what the Slot Shop round produces - another appearance of the 'home track monster', or will lessons learnt shake things up??

As an aside, I thought the digital rally race of champions track was pretty neat - too!

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?