Le Mans Finish

Ratracer

What an unexpected finish to Le Mans last night poor old Toyota what a tragedy to loose power on the last lap and be classified as a non finisher after leading for so long.

18th win to Porsche.

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Yes indeed historic win for Ford but Porsche was not happy saying that they were sandbagging and got the ACO to reduce there boost preasure and add ballast. Ferrari were also required to make changes.

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

Team Thunderbird

Smiled when I heard Porsche had packed away the celebratory "18th" T-shirts they'd had printed but wouldn't need, then had to quickly fish them out again in the last few minutes.

Life can be a strange bugger at times.

A wise man once said... "Its not the mistakes you make , its how you respond to them that matters."

(It wasn't me)

It’s not all over between the Ford and Ferrari camps there is still protests going on.

Both the Ford and Ferrari have been handed post-race penalties for a range of infringements including not having the appropriate running lights and not obeying slow zones etc.

Also not that I understand all that is being said about the eligibility or the Balance of Performance here is what I have learnt.

For a GTE Pro car to be eligible it has to be at least 107% of the fastest LMP2 car best lap times.

I do not have access to the lap times but on the Inter-Web there is a suggestion that the winning Ford was within the 107% but not the other Fords so we will see what develops out if this. Also apparently people are screaming that Ford has not produced the road going version of their GT and that it is in fact a prototype and not a road going GT car, so there is a lot more to this to come out.

Sounds like we have an America’s Cup legal challenge going on again.

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

Team Thunderbird

After two time penalties for the gte winning ford and a time penalty forcthe second in gte ferrari positions are unchanged, still ford class win.

Total bummer for Toyota, I'd feel bad for them but Sam's Kluger is at the Toyota dealership currently having my income removed. That and I'm a Porsche fan.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Apparently there are further appeals happening not buy the losing team but by Ferrari itself.

You would think that racing in previous events this year someone would have said something.

The car did get through scruteneerig and changes were required post scruteneerig.

Edited by Ratracer

Team Thunderbird