2016 Tasman Cup Round 4 Marsden Park

Terry

Thanks guys,

But to be perfectly selfish, I always luv proxy time, I get the chance to play with some excellent slot cars and give them a good old thrash on my track, to see these little beauties up close and personal is my treat....

a924c2ba-c1dc-420b-b153-2d3e4656a3d7_zpsfp61auq9.jpg

Rosco's Cooper from last year, again another great run, I had a little issue where on the tight hairpins(I have 2 ) the car would tip unexpectantly, otherwise I could have pushed harder,who knows it could have given Johns' car a run for 3rd

90518833-43e3-4c84-a370-92fbb3e4d4ff_zpslji22ame.jpg

Hey, I know this one!

It will be this cars swan song for the Tasman, I got myself into a bind with tyre issues on a BT11 and had to fall back to the BT4

ba75cc7c-707f-4330-be63-d7c685e4134c_zpsaehrwkj1.jpg

Another new entry and a nice performer, solid in running and not too far off the pace, seemed a little heavy and maybe tyres could be changed

30d6fc4b-4536-4b45-85a7-7372def7efaa_zpsnykygyjk.jpg

Strong little car John! I love the Elfin,bit of a surprise with its pace, the front end would let go at times, so I don't know if the guide is deep enough in the slot or if there is too much on the front, really enjoyed this drive

36fd6fa4-cb32-4e5b-99d4-832a1d73dcad_zpshodixttq.jpg

Not a great run in Vivs' ferrari, I really tried mate but the front end was wayward and the car would despot without warning,maybe a bit of a rebuild in the off season?

bbdbf92e-0287-4d0b-85fb-1264f59ff5ab_zpsqieuxexm.jpg

This was a bit of a surprise as well, much better than in practice cutting good times a couple of tenths above its qually times, nice to drive, but it did keep my attention when a deslot or 2 came from nowhere

305bd355-91aa-489a-8f14-3f12ea100c94_zpssmri6tij.jpg

This was a good car to race, quite fast, predictable, and you could push hard without any surprises, nice car Max, good result

38870d04-4180-4a07-bc2e-e9f940abae6e_zpsb5sjkdun.jpg

What is there to say? It won the race!

This car started its time here rather lethargically, slow in practice and started to show some pace in qualifying,come race day it was great!

Had a minor glitch with a braid sticking up, which cost me a deslot, apart from that a great run with a great car, well done Stewart.

7c4987c9-81c1-44d0-9dd7-b565fee55b5d_zpsbeegjcta.jpg

Nice car dave, might need a bit of finessing with gears and tyres, but easy car to drive and cut pretty fair times

f842491a-3a5f-49c5-b770-a5736c62ab0e_zpsdctmm1mq.jpg

A bit of a different direction for this year with the Beardog chassis, went well as Phils cars tend to be but just lacking that extra bit

Edited by terry

06cce5ad-4ef3-4f10-a0d5-1c811fc20f5e_zpslfim4yl2.jpg

It might not be pretty, but boy is it loud!

This front "tyres" certainly keep you awake, but, I enjoyed the drive,not especially fast but I could drive it flat out without too many problems

48484fc6-1a0e-49c8-b051-d3c3fe52d047_zpsfztluaqa.jpg

Stubbos' Brabham ,I don't know why it didn't have the speed it showed elsewhere,sweet runner but lacking that extra bit of grunt

6f7ffbf9-80a7-4256-a23b-85b6c97d75bb_zpsq3zgcpdu.jpg

Steady car without being especially quick,

31b64cd9-4424-4dc2-846a-ab090e678e9a_zpsoh5ravvq.jpg

Probably like the car above, the tyres were not trued up as the outer edges were high and that was the only point of contact, maybe a bit more tyre truing would help

92913c0c-093b-4196-9ad0-2970abd8695d_zpscq163guc.jpg

Initially I thought it was the tyres, the car was very difficult, but in running I realised it was the guide, it doesn't have a stop and allows the guide to rotate too far, on 2 occasions the car spun and then travelled back in the opposite direction,difficult to get any decent times

98e7e358-f60f-4beb-b00a-ca9c2519ab7d_zpsokcx5wtd.jpg

Big improvement on last year Chris, 6 laps quicker in fact, car ran well, good grip and fair pace, will there be any changes for next year?

0bf8a494-07bb-4c7d-9629-8b6906184226_zpsxoqpykum.jpg

Enjoyed this car, it was easy to drive and had a good turn of speed,

Edited by terry

Glad you enjoyed yourself with my car...

I'm hoping it keeps on getting better all on it's own...

What a pleasant surprise to wake up to on a Monday morning! :)

It has been a couple of years since one of my cars has done so well in a Tasman Cup race.

My thanks to Terry for pushing the little Lotus hard enough to beat its qualy time in every lane.

Congrats to the Grandkids and John B on their podium finishes.

Stewart

Thanks Terry,

Well done Stewart. It seems like JB is opening up a bit of a lead.

I update the series points a bit later in the week.

Next stop Adelaide where the races there are scheduled for the 14th and 16th of July.

Alan Stubbings

Hi Terry, Thanks for running this round. I assume you did the whole thing yourself which if so makes your efforts all the more remarkable.

Well done to the Old 23 the Grand Kids and John B for their spots on the steps. I'm still happy to be finishing in the upper third of the results sheet.

Thanks also to Terry for your comments on my car, makes all the frustration and burnt finger tips worth the effort.

With the cars on the way soon, I think rather than have them sitting around for nearly a month, I'm going to try and bring my round forward a couple of weeks. This will depend on driver availability and fitting in a night around our very busy local calendar here but I will try my best to make it happen.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Thanks for the round Terry and sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for the report on the Elfin. Yes it seems to be strange as it qualifies well & then has trouble in the race in each round so far . Thanks for the tips & will be keen to find

its problem - or at least try to.

Look forward to getting the cars through the door here at FPR after Lenny has had his round. Great reporting on the cars.

Cheers, john

Thanks for the race, Terry and my commiserations for your loss. Now that I know the source of the noise from my car, I will ensure that my next one won't be so noisy again! :P Will definitely have to do something about the speed as the BWA050 is getting on a bit in years so a switch to the 1090 will probably provide a little more grunt. And I'm surprised it is not occupying the bottom rung, although it's not far from it. My cars have never been concours material but I think a big effort is needed to make the next one more pleasing to the eye.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hi All,

The cars have just arrived here this morning. I'll open up the case later today and check them over for damage etc. If any repairs need doing I'll contact Stubbo and the entrant with what I find and see what we can do. At this stage I'm still planning to run my round earlier but am now waiting to hear back from those I've asked to be involved, whether they are available for an earlier date than planned. I'm hoping we'll be able to do something in the next two weeks, If so I'll start a new thread once I know, failing that we'll have to revert to the 16th of July

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Good to hear cars have arrived Alan,

Not too bad ....4 days

I put an exhaust from 1 of the T53's into the drivers compartment, cannot remember which 1 it was but i have a feeling it was No.100, don't think any other car had any issues.

Good luck with round 5

:(

Poor little T53...

Thanks Terry,

my deepest condolences for your loss, Terry - very much belated, I'm afraid - I've just come back onto the forum after a few weeks' absence.

Thanks for running the round - and thank you to all who assisted. Congratulations to the podumites - some pretty slick cars in this year's event.

I'm very happy with the result. Yes, I believe I may have screwed down the body one turn too far onto the chassis for this series. The tyres might be going off as well... but it Bill continues to cruise around without disgracing himself - I'll be more than happy to throw up the ticker-tape on his return home...

Thanks again.

Alan - glad to learn that the fleet have arrived safely - looking forward to learning of the event.

frats,

Rosco

Edited by rosco01

Hope you don't mind Terry but for your interest I am posting these pics of the 1/24 FPR Adelaide F1 event

These are cars entered in the 1/24 Gold Star section . The 1/32 section is for Adelaide F1 Cars (& some Melbourne) 1985 to 1999 F1

. I did offer no entry fee for Proxy entries to the event to cover postage. There were unfortunately no entries in the proxy section this year - so the prizes for that have gone to other divisions.

Maybe next year? check the FPR post on Auslot for details - it was only posted in the 1/24 discussion so probably why no 1/32 entries

Cheers john - any info email: fpr7@bigpond.com & web: www.slotcarsadelaide.com

My McLaren M7A with Union resin body & home built chassis

JS%20McLaren.jpg

Max Newcombe's Completely Home built Elfin 600 - with Balsa Body!!!!

MAx%20Elfin%201.jpg

Max%20Elfin%202.jpg

Edited by John FPR7

Hi All,

A quick update on the SA leg of the series Despite my best efforts I haven't been able to muster enough guys to run my round earlier than originally programmed so I will be reverting to the 16th of July which means round 5 will now be held at Fulham Park raceway on the 14th and then a quick turnaround to my track. Sorry about the long gap in the series now but we have an incredibly crammed calendar and its hard to get everyone to commit any earlier.

Cheers

Alan