Jump to content


Tyre Razor Experiences?


27 replies to this topic

#21 slotmadmac

    V8 Supercar Driver

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:32 PM

Does anyone in Aussie carry the 1/32 axle pulleys for the tire razor?
Podiums are for short people.

#22 Johnno

    Video Game Driver

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:23 AM

View Postslotmadmac, on 06 May 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Does anyone in Aussie carry the 1/32 axle pulleys for the tire razor?
Check out Armchair Racer in Sydney, here is the url for the Razor Tyre Truer and other related items:
https://www.armchair...-box/tyre-truer

Here is the suggested/recommended power supply also from Armchair Racer, anyone got one of these and if so how is it?

http://www.armchairr...-25amp-0-16-vdc
Posted Image


Compact size, high current, variable output and fan cooling make these the ideal power supply to run your slot car track or for your bench. They are protected against thermal overload and short circuit and will display a warning LED in the event of a fault condition. Current and voltage are displayed on separate backlit analogue meters.

We recommend this Power Supply for Digital Systems as the voltage is limited to 16v - digital chips cannot take high voltage.

Specifications:
Input Voltage: AC 90 to 125v or AC 200 to 240v inside selectable (Supplied for Australian Use)
Power Output: 360 Watts
Voltage output: 0 - 16VDC Variable
Maximum Current Output: MP3802 DC 16V 25A - DC 13.8 30A - DC 12V 30A - DC 10.0V 30A - DC 5V 32A - DC 3V 35A DC 2.0V30A - DC 1V 5A
Ripple: less than 9mVp-p at rated load
Output voltage regulation: Less than 1%
Dimensions: 147(W) x 165(D) x 55(H)mm
Protection:
1- short protection: it will reduce the output voltage down to 0.1v Amps down to 0.4Amps and the warning led will light up when short condition remove it will automatic restartthe power supply to normal condition.
2- overload protection: same as above
3- over temperature protection: MP3802 has two stage over temperature protection.
Output current: MP3802 Max Dc24v 6A DC16V 12 A DC12V 15A DC5V 17.0A DC3V 17.4A DC2V10.0A
  • Model: MP3802
  • Shipping Weight: 1.5kgs
  • Manufactured by: ELECTUS
stupid forums... won't let me insert images nor can I find the information how to do this... oh well. Try the url to go to Armchair Racer direct.

Edited by Johnno, 16 May 2019 - 08:28 AM.


#23 charlesx

    V8 Supercar Driver

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Plymouth, NZ

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

Hi Johnno. Just use Postimag. Works fine and free. Load photo into this first, copy, close Postimag then open AUSLOT and Control-V to same using image import.

Hope this helps. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

#24 Johnno

    Video Game Driver

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

View Postcharlesx, on 16 May 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

Hi Johnno. Just use Postimag. Works fine and free. Load photo into this first, copy, close Postimag then open AUSLOT and Control-V to same using image import.

Hope this helps. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
Hi Chas, thanks for that. Would be nice to be able to do this all on forums though, just another step to do. Not hard just annoying. Wonder if it might be advisable for this to be pinned in its own locked thread, Posting Images in Forum Thread/s perhaps an admin might look into this or enable / allow image posting in the forum software.

Thanks once again Chas

#25 slotmadmac

    V8 Supercar Driver

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

View PostJohnno, on 16 May 2019 - 02:23 AM, said:

Check out Armchair Racer in Sydney, here is the url for the Razor Tyre Truer and other related items:
https://www.armchair...-box/tyre-truer

Here is the suggested/recommended power supply also from Armchair Racer, anyone got one of these and if so how is it?

http://www.armchairr...-25amp-0-16-vdc
Posted Image


Thanks for that. I did see that Armchair were carrying the pulleys. They look like old stock from Area 3 rather than Tire Razor ones to me- but regardless I was reluctant to pay $35 + freight to buy one.

On a more positive note I have 2 of the power supplies you asked about. They are a great bit of kit and nice and compact. The only issue I have had is that the on / off switch died on one after 10 years of very regular use on my tyre lathe. A replacement switch was just a couple of bucks and a doddle to fit. I recommend them. Hope this helps.

Edited by slotmadmac, 16 May 2019 - 03:20 PM.

Podiums are for short people.

#26 Johnno

    Video Game Driver

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

View Postslotmadmac, on 16 May 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Thanks for that. I did see that Armchair were carrying the pulleys. They look like old stock from Area 3 rather than Tire Razor ones to me- but regardless I was reluctant to pay $35 + freight to buy one.

On a more positive note I have 2 of the power supplies you asked about. They are a great bit of kit and nice and compact. The only issue I have had is that the on / off switch died on one after 10 years of very regular use on my tyre lathe. A replacement switch was just a couple of bucks and a doddle to fit. I recommend them. Hope this helps.

I agree $35 + S&H for something so small is very steep, why it is this much astounded me when I saw that. I can only see near to $5 for the pulley.

Yes your reply certainly does help me and has completed my decision to go ahead with the purchase, though $550+ it is a very expensive bit of kit, and only analog to boot for the PS, personal preference would be digital display.

Posted Image

#27 slotmadmac

    V8 Supercar Driver

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

$550+? The units are A$169.
Podiums are for short people.

#28 Johnno

    Video Game Driver

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

I am buying the tyre truer as well which is expected to retail around $300, that is the part that really hurts but hey, it is all turn key





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users