kalbfellp

2016 Tasman Cup Round 3 Shelmore Park

The cars arrived after a short trip from the last round.

b_181448.jpg

While the cars were unloaded and checked the drivers assembled for drivers briefing.

b_181522.jpg

b_181022.jpg

Tv crews were on hand to cover qualifying

b_181412.jpg

Along with special guests

b_181501.jpg

Local track knowledge and gearing choices resulted in the local cars topping the time sheets from one Stewarts low powered Lotus.

b_234817.jpg

Race day arrived and the spectaters soon filled the stands

b_181432.jpg

b_181356.jpg

and lined the barriers to watch the racing.

b_180953.jpg

Dark clouds overhead threatened to delay the start but the cars soon were racing.

b_181921.jpg

b_181551.jpg

b_181615.jpg

b_181705.jpg

b_181730.jpg

b_182026.jpg

b_181208.jpg

b_181147.jpg

When the flag dropped it was John Batich's Brabham by a lap from AMCC just finishing ahead of my car.

b_181258.jpg

Very close finish between second and third.

b_181817.jpg

The press soon gathered around the podium to see the cars.

b_234314.jpg

1/10 not shown on the Spread sheet, but all positions checked and corrected.

I must thank the drivers on the day,

b_181343.jpg

Bruce Thomas ( Boss 302), Adrian Gray, J ( ohn Batich and Dave Bantoft (Yes Terry that is the same shirt).

Dave Gray seated helped with the marshalling.

b_181314.jpg

Chris Priest ( Haystack) and Thomas Males) also came along to marshal.

Thank you all for letting us play with your cars.

They will be checked over and soon on the way to Terry for the next round.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

It would seem that my car liked this track.

Thanks Guys for the 7th place.

Certainly a stark difference to last place like last track.

Thanks Phil,

A Tassie clean sweep. Well done.

Thanks to all your helpers. Mr Bantoft is looking very serious as usual.

I'll update the points tomorrow.

Alan Stubbings

Well, JB's is certainly a hard one to catch, and, plenty others too, well done.

Congrats to all at the pointy end.

Thanks to all the drivers marshalls and helpers. Great Photo's Phil and many thanks for all the effort put in to get the round done.

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

Its great to see the Penelope and Beardog chassis being competitive. Given that BWA parts are no longer about it is a real issue sourcing commercially available bits and pieces. Seeing the cars running components still available commercially being competitive just goes to show that it can be done. Marek proved it a couple years back with a really well sorted Penelope Pitlane chassis and Chris W. did some really clever and cool looking alterations to the Beardog chassis and turned it into a winner last year in the GP 1.5. VRAA I believe.

Edited by slo1quick

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

My cars in any proxy don't seem to be happy at Shelmore Park must be gearing wrong for this track, 10th not bad at all but 12 laps away from the winner!!!! , congrats to the top three and thanks guys for the effort put in doing these events really appreciated lot of hard work.

Thanks Phil and guys, congrats to the top three. Reasonably happy with my car.

Howdy,

Thanks again to the Hobart Model Car Club guys for putting on another good round. And well done to the Tassie trifecta on their results. Happy with 8th place, again a big improvement on last years performance. Looking at the times, though well off the pace it looks like my car was fairly consistent to drive across the four lanes. I suspect my gear ratio is affecting the cars performance to some extent. I didn't have the offset crown wheel I wanted so had to use what was there.

Thanks again to everyone involved in running the round

Cheers

Alan

Possibly my first top 10 in Tassie since the DUPR days, fantastic! Thanks as always for the inspiring write up, of course thanks gents for running the event, and congratulations to the pointy end guys.

Chris

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Thanks to all the boys for running Round 3, especially nice to see familiar faces from previous years.

Does Mr Bantoft have a wardrobe full of red flannos?

Congratulations to the podium finishers,now we've done the "Tassie Swing" back onto the mainland, be interesting to see how the Tassie cars fare up here.

Thanks guys. Pleased to see the little car consistently better than qualifying in the race. This has been an interesting process so far...

Thanks Phil,

A Tassie clean sweep. Well done.

Thanks to all your helpers. Mr Bantoft is looking very serious as usual.

I'll update the points tomorrow.

Very serious, a bit slow unfortunately but at least very consistent. Great job with the report Phil!!

Dave B

Thanks to all the boys for running Round 3, especially nice to see familiar faces from previous years.

Does Mr Bantoft have a wardrobe full of red flannos?

Congratulations to the podium finishers,now we've done the "Tassie Swing" back onto the mainland, be interesting to see how the Tassie cars fare up here.

Terry, It's the same flanno, give me a break!!! Made a point of wearing it just for you!!

Dave B

Phil, thanks for the excellent pictures, especially of the drivers and corner marshals. It's great to put faces to the names I've long read about down there. Congrats to the Team Tasman for their sweep of this round. I'm very pleased to finish where I did, and in such good company between Stubbo and Stu. Couldn't be happier than amongst old racing friends and rivals.

Old23

Congrats to all the 3 on the podium and thanks to Phil and Co. for running this round. There's one thing to be said about my #33 and that is, it's consistent - consistently S---L---O---W ! Must have done something really wrong this time around. It has not been this bad before.. :wub::blink: Well .... there is always a next year...... :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Don't want to get too far off topic,

Dave, it must be about time for you to be entering another car, years ago in, I think, Australian Slot Car Review, you get me into this scratch building caper, I think the car you were building was a Ferrari 250LM,

Thanks Phil, Nice photo of the Elfin Mono arriving behind the Falcon. The qualifying of the Elfin was inspiring but looks like the car does not like some lanes again. Just wondering if the tyre traction is OK . The tyres love a sand with damp #600 wet & dry occasionally.

Thanks Phil, seems a consistent problem - same report from Stubbo & Stu. Looks like an investigation when the Elfin returns home!

Maybe I will see if Mel McEwin knows what is wrong?

cheers