I had a search and found the answer: metho bath

Rossko

Edited by GAS41T

Miveson

How did you strip the body as I would like

To do a repaint...

I had a search and found the answer: metho bath

Rossko

meths and an old tooth brush works real good Gas, it's my go to method of stripping them

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Thanks wobble & miveson

Like miveson stated, it might take a bit more effort these days. It's a quite a while since I did one and the paint came off real easy with meths but if Scaley have changed their paint formular it might take more work now

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Great to see more cars coming along , seems there will be quite a few RS 200's , like the car Leo so you reckon a winner then !!!! chuckle , they do need some running in i have found really dislike that large cog, have another RS running now built from what i learned on the first one and oh so much easier changed motors in the green one to fast for good control in the bends , while on the subject of motors can anyone tell me what the numbers mean on the cans, have 4 and they are all different all have 14173 but the other number is E 324A F 324A, G324A and H324A have no idea about scaley, hope to put picture up of second build later .

My car was a dirt version and the meth was great at getting the additional dirt and returning the car to it's non-dirt days. I soaked and soaked some sections but the paint just would not budge. The steel wool worked a treat and had to use some flat heads for some areas that were particularly difficult to get to. My chassis is slightly bent as well so that'll be getting a bath in the coming days. Only thing I couldn't get off was the roof aerial, stubborn bugger.

What was even more interesting (as interesting as taking paint off a model car can be) was the discovery of clear light covers on the rear after the paint had been removed, they had just painted/sprayed over them.

I may change my mind on the RS200 however it just felt so much more controlled on the track, but nowhere near as much fun as the 6R4.

I stupidly bought another RS200 the day before brexit from you know where and could of saved myself a few $$$ by waiting.

This is the type of colour scheme I'd like to do however not quite sure how I'll achieve it. I'm a Tamiya sprayer so not sure if I should tape off and gradually add colours one by one, perhaps the better way is to get some actual stripey decals to apply?

Need to find some VSD decals but patto's place has been accessible but pages are offline and well the site gives me the shits big time as there is no search function. I'd like the name across the windscreen as well, I'll probably end up buying some decal paper and putting it through the inkjet.

Lada-VSD-1984-02.jpg

This is the type of colour scheme I'd like to do however not quite sure how I'll achieve it. I'm a Tamiya sprayer so not sure if I should tape off and gradually add colours one by one, perhaps the better way is to get some actual stripey decals to apply?

Need to find some VSD decals but patto's place has been accessible but pages are offline and well the site gives me the shits big time as there is no search function. I'd like the name across the windscreen as well, I'll probably end up buying some decal paper and putting it through the inkjet.

That is a nice livery and would be good to see it. I'm a tamiya spray bomb guy too and I'd have no idea how to go about it other than the blue and white. Pity you can't get rainbow paint for it.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Liking that colour scheme miveson, don't worry about Pattos, I'll soak the label off and send it to you.

image.jpg1_zpsui78a712.jpg

wosautos12.gif

Change the "i" and the "a" around, and it would suit the driver ........ fart or newt, take your pick

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Entry list has been updated

There's still a lot that haven't put down a car yet.

As we will be using 2 different tyres for the 4 makes we need to order the tyres soon

The sooner we get the tyres, the sooner we can post them out and you can finish (or start) setting up your entry.

I know there's still plenty of time but MJK closes down late October and we don't want to get caught in the pre-Xmas rush

Also if all the cars are completed early we can look at starting a bit earlier as well

Entry fee will be up in a day or so ....... will be around the same as last year.

Gary

Just a reminder that everything is still a go for 2017 start.

Been a bit quite as we haven't wanted to push too much as there is still a few months before kickoff, also we didn't want to distract from the OzRally.

I assume that everyone is or has sorted out their entry, still need to update the list for those that haven't nominated a car.

Entry fee and cut off times have been updated in the rules section.

Also remember we need to get the order in for the tyres soon as we not only need numbers for the two different types, we also need them back here asap so we can post them out to finish setup preparations.

Gary

Don't worry, I haven't even managed to buy mine yet, so you are a couple steps up on me.

gazza, I want to withdraw my entry as I can't tune a car to save myself plus MJK's just don't work on the track I test on so I won't know if it's a goodun or piss poor.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

That's a shame Wobble. Mjk's work on my track, you can send your car to me if you want and I can test it and report back to you.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Wobble, do you have a spare pair of mjk 4257's I can purchase from you.

Wobble, do you have a spare pair of mjk 4257's I can purchase from you.

sorry branco, no spares

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hi Wobble , dont forget that what works on your track doesnt always work elsewhere. Track surface, voltage and hosts driving style comes into the equation as well. I found that out in the some of the previous proxies. I know these Scaleys arent the easiest cars to set up but hey , its the fun of it.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Yeah where's that Kiwi can do spirit...

Did Sir Edmund get out of his tent and say "Bit cold today, might head back down the mountain and comeback to Everest when its a bit warmer" NO

Did Phar Lap think that those pesky Aussie horses were hard to beat NO

Do the Warriors still think the NRL competition is the toughest in the world....err...well...F#*k yeah.

Maybe the last analogy is not a great example but Team NZ needs you.