Slot Cars Magazine

ForestRaceway

For those unaware, there is an excellent slot car magazine available.

http://www.slotcarsmag.com

It is produced in the US, very much in the style of the 60's slot car magazines.

It is a very professional, high gloss, colour magazine covering both scratchbuilt and ready to run cars (1/24, 1/32 and some HO). However it hasn't taken off in terms of sales as well as Gregg, the publisher, would have liked and he needs more of us to support it for it to survive. He is now at the crowd funding stage in order to continue, however he has managed to just get issue #4 out.

http://slotblog.net/topic/68949-scm-issue-4-is-finally-here/

Note anyone can write an article for the magazine. So if you think having a real print magazine (slightly more angled to the scratchbuilding side) for our hobby is worthwhile, now is the time we need to support him.

I have spoken with Gregg and am looking to do a large order and then distribute them within Australia to make them more accessible. Issue #3 is available and hopefully issue number #4 will be available as well (issues #1 and #2 are no longer available). The magazines will cost $AU17 delivered but I am hoping to be able to deliver the 2 issues together for $AU30.

So if you are interested please PM me (with your email address) as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Wade Farrell

I've got the first 3 issues and they are great. Lots of great articles, nice clear photography, and high class printing.

The editorial team would like to cover all things related to the slot car hobby, so if you feel that the magazine is missing out on something, write to them with constructive suggestions.

Or even better, write an article and send it to them. They would love to hear from you.

Write a review and photograph your new RTR car.

Any article submitted should not be published elsewhere (internet or other publication) so as to make it uniquely available to readers of Slot Cars Magazine.

I have no connection with the magazine, other than I hope it continues to be published, and grows.

Wade, please put me down for #4.

:)

Steve K.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately there is a major issue with getting the magazines as Gregg is having issues with the printer, who is withholding the remaining copies of #4. They were distributed to other dealers but it looks like it might be some time before I'll be able to get some copies. I'll inform everyone when I have an update.

Wade