The tyres will be 4221 for the Audi and Lancia and 4257 for the Ford and MG.

Don't forget that all the testing and track time you've done is equal to about 3 or even 4 proxy events, or even more.

If you work on 8 minutes min lap plus 2 minutes warm ups and such x say 12 rounds that's around 120 minutes per car.

So they should do the distance, just have to be a bit conservative on the tyre truer and don't go overboard .......... Ben

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

A piece of 5/32 styrene rod with a 4mm drill passed through it in the lathe and superglued in place. A Ninco guide feels nice and free

4ebec2b9-218d-4cf8-8879-5dcbbea69e76_zpsqyamqbue.jpg

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

So they should do the distance, just have to be a bit conservative on the tyre truer and don't go overboard .......... Ben

Yeah yeah, I dropped from a possible 2nd to like 8th or 9th, I aint gunna forget that. I dont wn a tyre truer, I just hold the car over sandpaper.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

There is not actually a lot of tyre to remove on the MJK 4257 the Cuda tyre suggested for the Ford and the Metro, have a tyre razor and done a couple of sets and by the time you take the initial surface of you have to be VERY careful after that to leave enough on the wheel to do a complete series especially if running something in the 95gr plus car weight , as i have found in the running i have done, it,s the sidewinder cog as against the inline we used to run that's the problem with ground clearance , sounds obvious i know but even after a light trim only about 3/4 of a mm left on the tyre to use before cog hits the track and on a bumpy rally track will be interesting,

Have bought a couple of spare sets of rear axle assemblys for the Fords only about £5 a pack here and use the spares to set up on the razor so i can switch them between the 2 cars so to be able to work out the wear rate and worth doing as it gives you testing without actually taking to much of the one set on the car at any particular time , have to run the cars round about the 95gr plus range to stop any odd tipping in the bends did find i got it on both cars when pushed when under 90gr and nothing at all at 98gr, using new sets of 4257 can cause it until they settle in a bit, margin for error with the tyre ground, cog clearence is pretty crucial to get the car to flow easily and give the good lap times nothing special but consistant .

Mine now in bits and waiting for a bit of chopping and lightening as I wait for each coat to dry.

This year looks like it is going to be a great learning experience for us all, I'm fairly confident I'll be relinquishing my (flukey win) crown in the next series.

Two questions; what on earth is a B-Nova plate, how do you fit it and where do they come from?

Are we allowed to hack lumps out of the interior and pilots?

Good luck getting your car sorted, but don't take too long getting it ready. Remember how fast your wedding day suddenly appeared? It'll be last posting day before we know it!

• Upvote 1

wosautos12.gif

Hi Snurfen B Nova is a pack of adaptor plates for doing away with the scaley system and fitting either a 1/16 1/32 or 3/32 plate in it,s place so you can use sprung guides easier , some have fitted Ninco to their cars i have fitted Scaleauto sprung guides either can be used with this system, for the Ford 3/32 is the size you want as it fits flush with the under pan of the chassis easy to do but to get them think best to put B Nova guide adaptors on the search engine my last lot came from Slot car corner , yep a completely different car from SCX lot of work needed to sort them so glad i stared really early have 2 good cars now raring to go.

• Upvote 1

Do you need to cut away the original scalley one or do you just press it inside the existing one? Have never seen one used.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Ben what i have done on the 2 Fords is push it up into the existing post hole and super glued the plate down , you might have to use a round file to ream the inside slightly , i did on one and not the other , like all scaley cars i have found , not all the same . see if i can put a picture of one of mine on here later

As the boys have said, just push them straight into the guide hole, the same thing can be achieved by inserting a brass or plastic tube, but this way is a lot quicker and simpler plus there's a bit more meat to give it a bit of strength.

1900_zps0jsozvef.png

Gary

If you do use it Ben ,I found a screw small enough to insert into the fitting and not fowl the guide to secure it. I suppose you can glue it in but I thought if the guide gets a knock and breaks the glue ,well that may mean my car ends up winning :).

Anyway thats what I've done. So far tried the car on a mates slightly twisty road circuit saturday night in a fuel race and she stayed upright over the brackets ,so am happy with the Audi so far. Still want to put round Mels and Gazza's track to be truly happy with the setup.

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Are we allowed to hack lumps out of the interior and pilots?

The piloti are certainly heavy, so we need a decision on this soon as entrants are building...

The way I read the rules, the interior can only be slightly trimmed and painted.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

That's correct Leo.

See how we go for this years setup, as it's all new anything is possible for next year, we'll just use this year as a control year.

How are the builds coming along, we may need to move the confirmation date forward so we can order the tyres from MJK before the xmas rush starts.

Also a lot who have put their hand up to enter have been very quiet, need to know if they are still on board or not.

Gary

I'm still onboard

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

All finished , 2 Ford's running and finished testing both , changed motors as the originals had done a lot of testing laps, from start to finish had to do a lot of work on these cars so glad i got i done early has allowed me to sort the little niggles out which you will find you all get, when you track test them like wheels ,i did get a couple of spare axle sets because of slight buckles and out of the 4 sets have two good one's on the cars which have been slightly razored to get the joins right and now spot on ran in 2 sets of the MJK Cuda tyres and razored them luckily MJK tyres are good so only had to take a bit of rubber of to get them right beware!! of taking to much of though because of the clearance under the cog s the cars need quite a bit left on for a whole series.

Final thoughts both my cars had badly fitted inferiors which were buckled so twisted the chassis slightly where the side screws were put in by Mr Universe, so that took a lot of sorting out and one interior was lower one side to the other hence impossible to get any chassis movement with out cutting that side down , looking forward to seeing others cars mine are up there for all to see and i have tried to pass on what have found and done to all, so as Murray Walker might not have said Gentlemen ( and ladies ) get your arse into gear and let's go.

I think we are all in for a steep learning curve Alexis!

My arse in gear - need to get it out of bottom and in to top now. Thanks for all the encouragement from this thread. It would be all too easy to let it slip and miss the deadline -

I fell for that with my 2016 IPSS car, it's ready for next year now though!

wosautos12.gif

In the interest of more ground clearance, i'd give it a yes, some may even want to trim under the motor and add lead there as well, this is ok as long as it stays flush with the chassis, you may run the risk of over heating without the air vents, our choice

Don't forget to trim the rear mudflaps on the Lancia as well, hitting on some parts of my track and just get wheel spin.

Gary