Looking good there Keith but pace yourself, still a long way to go before kickoff.

So it now looks like your a bit happier about the switch to Scaley

I can only assume from the lack of post is that everyone else is busy with their builds

I think this series will be just as entertaining as the previous series was, just need a bit more variety in the cars entered.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Know i,m way in front on this one Gary but i knew there would be a lot to do to this car and thought strike while the iron was hot so to speak as there is loads of time to get it right , and i thought i would share with others as i went along , would not say i,m happy about the switch as I'm not a scaley person but it is what it is and i like a challenge and this has been one, do think the drivers will have fun with these cars, quite fast when run in and guys in my opinion trying both guides you'll need a sprung one as they will be travelling quicker in the rough parts of the tracks, handle a lot differently as well being 2wd one positive is the clip out drivers platform gave me a chance to fit a lexan one temporary to see what it would really go like and with that amount of top weight removed a very fast animal.

Nice car Keith. I have got as far as ruling out the option of using the Hornby sprung guide. I removed the ferrite-man and associated wiring but found that the spring diameter is too small and it slips through the collar at the top of the column. So once the guide is up... its up. Spring effectively useless. I searched for a suitable sized washer but nothing that I have suits. I have Ninco sprung guides so trying that next, maybe in a few weeks time - plenty of time till the off - LOL

Leo

Edited by Scuderia_Turini

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

I used a B Nova 1/16th guide plate and a Scaleauto sprung guide, can use Ninco as well, if using Scaleauto use the Ninco spring much better Leo.

The site just says they're out of stock, the 1/16 & 3/32 sizes are still available, fit them and dremel the excess down

Gary

This thing will need a lot of work but I just don't care coz it's gonna be a blast....

P1010068_zpsxv8o1ufm.jpg

New co driver looks like he belongs in a 70's Camaro...oops he does!!!!

P1010069_zps3wvbxw56.jpg

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

New co driver looks like he belongs in a 70's Camaro...oops he does!!!!

bet his hair is close to the same colour as his helmet if he was driving a Camaro in the '70's

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

I thought I should employ a co driver with plenty of experience Wobble.

A couple of years ago I Googled "who is the world's greatest navigator?" Ever since, my nav has been Vasco da Gama - not sure how many rallies he has won, certainly none in my era, but he's got a lot of good experience

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Umm been there Ben took me a week to sort out where the weight went to stop it and get as much top weight out as possible , all the lighting and bits of spare plastic in the chassis and the shell and the co driver and driver have been attended to they were not keen on a lobotomy :o but it al helps to get chassis movement.

Concerning using a Ninco guide, is the standard Ninco guide the best bet or is the Pro-race guide OK as it's slightly longer and deeper although it could be trimmed to suit? I've never set up a rally car so just wondering about the length etc on sharpish curves.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Concerning using a Ninco guide, is the standard Ninco guide the best bet or is the Pro-race guide OK as it's slightly longer and deeper although it could be trimmed to suit? I've never set up a rally car so just wondering about the length etc on sharpish curves.

Have used Ninco pro (untrimmed) in Ozrally Bram without apparent issues. WRC is a whole new kettle of fish though, I'll be testing both Both Ninco guides.

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

Seeing that Slotcarmann is going Team Audi as well , thought I'd throw up our Aussie version . As you know from the Oz proxy , my navvies havent been the greatest of selections. The last one being of the weed smokers , thus the position we finished . Well this navvie isnt much better . He said he was good but I think he has something else on his mind ?

20160612_143133_LLS-1-1_zpsna60bsqn.jpg

20160612_142529_7_bestshot_zpstvqujk5l.jpg

Have a bit of work still to do . Its still a bit tippy over at Mels (OTFS) place and on my road circuit , so may have to play with the weight position. Recieved the B nova adapters today from Melbourne Model Raceway, so can now experiment with the guide aswell.

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Nice livery teamred

Hmmmm.... need to find some B-nova's myself - did you order just the 3/32 pack or the multi selection one?

Waiting on some of the deeper sport guides to arrive this week.

Surprised your banner aross the windscreen isn't red.

Edited by miveson

The 1/32 pack fits in and is flush with the chassis.

The others, 1/16 and 3/32 need a once over with a dremmel to get them flush, apart from that they are all the same.

The banner should have been white with the writing in red

I told him choirboy monthly wasn't appropriate, so he's gone with playboy

Gary

The banner across the window is one I made a while ago . I had a few still on the transfer paper and went with those. The b nova's are the 1/32 ones . Just checked his website and still has all types available.

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

For those still looking for a starter, or if you want a bargain or two ........

Top Slots N Trains have these on special at the moment .....

c3637_zpsaanutzxi.jpg

c3639_zpsxvn6rktk.jpg

c3487_zpsjkw64hfv.jpg

c3490_zpsebvbig0r.jpg

c3638_zpseymuqizz.jpg

23 pound or $44 Aus landed at your door .......... these prices, pre Brexit :)

Gary

Finished 2nd Ford and replaced motor in the first after all the testing it did both cars are really sorted now gives me an option to swap chassis if needed. still wondering what size tyres we will get to last a series as getting a lot of wear .

SM_Pair%20of%20Fords_zpsfdwqkpq3.jpg