Looking at 4221 (Scalextric Honda NSX, Nissan 350Z) for the Lancia and Audi, and 4257 (SCX Barracuda) for the RS and MG

Both give plenty of clearance for the spur gear and also plenty of room under the guards and both are wide enough on the track to ensure plenty of grip

The big problem for the 8420 guide is availability and price for everyone, where as the Ninco you can pickup at any slotcar shop, if you already don't have a stockpile at home.

The guide choice will be open, having said that, i think the vast majority will be in the Ninco camp.

gazza, just wondering if MJK 4202 for GT40 might be worth looking at for the RS and MG as the centre ridge is closer although the tyres will need sanding abit as they are a bit domed

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

The 4257's are about a mil wider and a fraction (2/10's of a mil) shorter, but don't dome in the middle, so less truing

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

The 4257's are about a mil wider and a fraction (2/10's of a mil) shorter, but don't dome in the middle, so less truing

thanks for that gazza, less work sounds good. Where do I find the 4257's? I don't think anyone sells them this side of the pond

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

They are in the MJK listings, most places sell them.

Don't forget that the tyres will be supplied by MJK as part of your entry fee and commitment to the event.

Gary

Have fitted Scaleauto SC-1621 in my test chassis and works quite well seems less bottom end flop , also rigged up a B Nova on a block to test various guides out on and that works well with Ninco, Scaleauto with a slight reaming of the inside nice fluid movement up and down , also try different springs a slightly longer one in either works well.

Fitted the B Nova setup for the Ninco guide, took about 5 minutes, the brass sleeve is a little more fiddly and a little longer with the same results, both mods need a little reaming of the top of the existing guide mount.

Gary

Did my first easy laps late last night with the Metro. Track was dirty and power was a bit dodgy but car wasn't too bad. Im running a slot it screw in guide which I will need to lower and make a bit thinner and some MJK 4258's. Still need to take some more meat off them. Its certainly not horrible so looking forward to more track time.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Can I change the "Mr Blobby" Scalextric heads ?

Edited by aquakiwi

nice work aqua

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Just wondering how far we can go with this build , and changing things like drivers/ heads e.t.c with the SCX we had to keep the cars basically as they were like the drivers platform and contents as it was, now i,m all in favour of lightweight platforms yes please but was not aware there were going to be these sort of changes allowed , could the powers that be set out a few rules for us all on what we can or cannot do please. already changed the guides, braid, would like to change the whole bloody car well at least the axles, wheels, gears like the motor though good circuit 18k or 19k or 20k what ever it is, have 3 and all different. :D

Link for rules is: here

I think you should create a seperate thread for the 2017 Expressions of Interest (rather than the 2014 thread which just adds to the confusion).

I can do that

Gary

Well that's it all done ( so far ) taken a lot of work to get the car as i wanted it to go which is a easy drive for all, ripped out all the lighting parts and plastic posts using the lower powered motor of the three as it gives better control in the twisty bits, spaced the rear flop out of it with slit thin plastic washers , works fine, gears are ok been dry lubed sweet as a nut no high spots now, razored the rear wheels slight high spots on those, trimmed the chassis , drivers platform was pretty bad been screwed down very tight against the chassis and was twisted trimmed that a fair bit B nova guide plate fitted, Scaleauto sprung guide SC-1621 fitted but used Ninco guide spring slightly stiffer , and current all up weight is 94.7gr, chassis is 58.4gr, body /interior is 36.3gr .

S_Scalextric%20Ford%20RS%20200_zpsw39ulo6w.jpg

On the race circuit ( no rally track ) , goes so much better now the rear MJK's are well bedded in and the grip is very good ended up with 4257 razored and trued but not glued no shaking it,s rear lovely and smooth out of the tight bends and got enough in the motor to worry the spiders at the end of the main straight, brakes well with this weight but i know if any heavier the brakes are not so good one time car was 101.6gr all up and with just that amount of difference in weight when the motor got going you could feel and see it , conclusion hard to do comparisons with SCX cars i have been running in the WRP specially with the C4 i ran last year as it's basically a new formula this year so i won't, finally there may be a picture of the finished car to add to this later , enjoy your building.

Hi all. Great to see the enthusiasm for this event. I have not even bought my car yet. See the rules are out however so must do something soon.

Great photos thanks Gazza.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Shakedown, gave the whole car a good shakedown this morning and everything is working well, actually better than i thought , as a all round package very happy with the performance only thing to watch out for really is that B cog the MJK's work very well with NOT a lot of clearance under the cog not sure if were going to be getting specially made tyres for these cars ? but the one's i have been using need a fair bit to be taken of them and not sure if these would do a whole series , already had to grind a new set ready to switch over to , need to get it on a rally course now .