Car Builds

kalbfellp

Well car all finished the tyres glued and trued, gears lubed, bearings oiled new braids fitted , driver and co driver have their flasks and sausage sarnies, windsreen polished and then i read the rules again and oh gosh ( Mel doesn't like B ) i have to February to get the car down under and dash it ( can't use B ) chuckle it,s only November . :o

Hi all.

After a weekend racing metal cars in Auckland it is finally back into my WRC Rally Metro.

Inspired by Gazza's paint job I had previously pulled everything apart. Have now nearly finished paint job and cut weights for chassis infils. Decided to use sticky back lead so I can stick clear PVC to bottom side. Now need to glue lead in.

Photos to come if I can get Photobucket going. Not had much luck in that department of late.

Regards Chas Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Ok,

I pulled my rally track out for the ozrally,

So I thought I'll run my WRP car it's great, smooth quiet & fast but it's the first time it's been on a rally track so after 30 or so laps BANG ???

So this is my wrp car now !!!!😩

F7A0A389-4F48-4CFD-B019-C300AD03BC21_zpshxnmoqpa.jpg55FEE23B-4E88-4E72-8B5B-58A0039504C1_zpskvr7thqv.jpg

Im worried these cars will struggle to do the full series !!!

What to do I don't have any spares ???

Rossko

That looks familiar Rossko weak point i think are the wheels you can get rear axles sets for the cars number W10302 in the catalogue , but i have 4 spare sets with silver wheels i got a little while ago as i could see this coming your welcome to have one and paint them white if you want to just PM your details .

Ok,

I pulled my rally track out for the ozrally,

So I thought I'll run my WRP car it's great, smooth quiet & fast but it's the first time it's been on a rally track so after 30 or so laps BANG ???

So this is my wrp car now !!!!

Im worried these cars will struggle to do the full series !!!

What to do I don't have any spares ???

Rossko

My RS200 has done several ozrally proxies on the standard rims, and more than a few local races too...

No issues so far...

Here's hoping it's the exception rather than the rule...

ps. CharlesX's OzRally RS200 has alloy rims, so he may have a spare axle...

Sorry GasT41/Rossco but I used my wheels for inserts so cannot help.

Slot City in UK have good supply of most parts so you should not have problem replacing. At least you have plenty of time.

Wheel appears to have broken between brake disc and wheel rather than at hub which is a worry. I have never had any such problem with any of my Scaly cars and SR's appears to have withstood heaps. Perhaps just bad luck but will serve as a warning to other builders. Do notice that wheel on non-drive side of my Metro axle is very flexible so I will be beefing up. On the drive side the wheel is probably protected by the spur gear which is hard against the sidewall of the tyre.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi again Rossco.

Probably not supposed to mention SC but they appear to have rear axle assembles W10302 and W10141. These appear to be identical but are a different price - 4.50 and 4.96 pounds.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hello all,

the final round of WRC 2016 is live with web radio coverage. Its live now with Day 2 (For the benefit of remote readers - its Saturday in Australia).

Perfect in the background if you are working on your build.

Linky to WRC Web Site

Click on <Live Radio>

Leo

Edited by Scuderia_Turini
Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Thanks guys I think your right chas,

It snapped right on the end of the hub, I got a new axel assembly once it arrives I'll make a little disc to beef up that side with out the gear 😅

I bought the assembly from evilbay auslots has them for $12.50 free shipping

Rossko

Edited by GAS41T

Hello all,

the final round of WRC 2016 is live with web radio coverage. Its live now with Day 2 (For the benefit of remote readers - its Saturday in Australia).

Perfect in the background if you are working on your build.

Linky to WRC Web Site

Click on <Live Radio>

Leo

I know, all the WRP boys are up here

20161117_152105_zpsxtptkag2.jpg

20161117_151332_zpsqjb43tgz.jpg20161118_083123_zps8olizobm.jpg

• Upvote 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

Wonders never cease but I finally got my Metro together this afternoon. Pretty basic build as not much you are allowed to do to these cars but this in itself presented some problems not normally encountered.

Started off on a high though when I decided to follow Gazza's lead and paint the drivers/engine module. Not as bright perhaps but reasonably authentic not that you can see much once car assembled.

Also did the basic lead thing and replaced digital hatch and single magnet holder and finished off with clear plastic to comply with rules. Not wanting the guide mount to break (a problem I have had in past) I beefed up with resin and fibreglass cloth and inserted brass tube to accommodate smaller shaft of Ninco sprung guide.

Wheel hubs strengthened with ali collars. First real problem was with tyres. I presume the same for all but not a good fit on wheels. Once fitted they were also very large - about 22mm. While I have sanded these down somewhat size of spur gear soon reared its head. At present I have just over 1mm clearance at gear but I can now see why some people have reported cars as tippy. Metro is 55mm wide at tyres which is 2mm more than my McLaren M6a but it is almost twice height. My first test day could be interesting. Car currently is almost exactly 100gms so is about 5-10gms lighter than my usual aim.

Would like to add some photos but experience with Photobucket recently not good.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi again.

Gave my Metro its first run today on my small Scaly track. Went quite well with no obvious flaws. I was aware of it possibly being tippy but it showed no such signs. Tracks has some short straights but is mainly made up of R1 and R2 curves.so is reasonably tight. Will try on wood as soon as possible but this will be after Christmas now.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Car is all snug in it,s travelling box final run's done feels a bit of a lump compared to my SCX C4 of last series not as fast and does not handle like that car did, but it is what it is so book my place somewhere near the bottom, just a last plea to the drivers when it rolls ( as being a scaley it will ) just make sure it's against a soft bit of scenery ta lads. :)

• 1 month later...

Having a last minute look at mine and I realised that I had forgotten that it was a rally X car and it needed a navigator added.......... My RS200 now needs a driver.

Into the kids animal farm set

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Having a last minute look at mine and I realised that I had forgotten that it was a rally X car and it needed a navigator added.......... My RS200 now needs a driver.

Into the kids animal farm set

If we'd have known animals were permitted us Kiwis would have added our own sheep.