Car Builds

kalbfellp

2mm clearance Chas.

There have been many posts re: which is the best guide to use.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

how much does it weigh Rossko (thats if you don't mind sharing)

looks fast

Hi Ontheflipside/Gazza.

I see one of the cars (Rossco's) has grill below motor removed and filled with lead. I do not see this mod in rules. Rules appear to say you can only replace digital cover with lead and remove and fill the magnet holders as long as no metal can come into contact with power rails.

Apologies if I have missed something but rules need to be clear.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hi Rossco and Gazza.

Was not sure if same had been said. Sorry to be pedantic but I think if it is allowed it should be in rules.

I will check rules again.

Regards Chas Le Breton

PS. Have checked. Clearly no mention.

Edited by charlesx

Hi Ontheflipside/Gazza.

I see one of the cars (Rossco's) has grill below motor removed and filled with lead. I do not see this mod in rules. Rules appear to say you can only replace digital cover with lead and remove and fill the magnet holders as long as no metal can come into contact with power rails.

Apologies if I have missed something but rules need to be clear.

Regards Chas Le Breton

It's not in the rules as such, but was ok'd in the general discussion on the car build section (this one) ........... It is now added to the rules.

In the interest of more ground clearance, i'd give it a yes, some may even want to trim under the motor and add lead there as well, this is ok as long as it stays flush with the chassis, you may run the risk of over heating without the air vents, your choice

Don't forget to trim the rear mudflaps on the Lancia as well, hitting on some parts of my track and just get wheel spin.

As stated before, both in the rules and elsewhere, you are not limited in the amount of weight you want to use or where you want to put it as long as it stays flush with the bottom of the chassis, if it's exposed it needs to be covered with either plastic or a film of resin / two pack glue or such, and painted.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Thanks Gazza.

Just wanted to make it clear for everyone.

Agree rules clearly state magnet pockets can be removed/flattened and filled.

This is one of the rules I suggested to Phil when discussing entry of more Scaly cars into OZ Rally as some magnet pockets really protrude making track clearance difficult. I was even asked to send some photos to show what I meant. Clearly the message got through. The magnet pocket in my Metro clearly protrudes . Some cars more than one.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Mines just about finished, just need a couple of tweaks here and there

20161022_172008_zpsjw0l6xmj.jpg

Decided to paint the interior, went a bit overboard and you can't see a thing when it's together

20161022_171359_zpsvnoxlnf7.jpg

Also did a bit of advertising underneath which helps with the weight "cover and seal" problem

20161022_150846_zpsvofm1zlv.jpg

Gary

looking good Gazza

The north wind was howling, the birds were flying backwards , the rain was pouring down temp was at 7 degrees on Sunday afternoon, the Tv was showing Xmas movies and as i was sitting there watching Santa Claus the movie for all of 2 minutes i decided to leave the better half in the lovely warm lounge and head to the garage where it was B freezing turning my old trusty heater on i decided to glue and true my one set of WRP tyres onto the Scalextric wheels, luckily i had already trued the wheels up as best i could so they were nearly round , so carefully mounting the tyres onto the wheels and seeing how they sat i noticed a slight dome in the centre of the tyres by now it was a bit warmer in there so after discussing the best way forward with a couple of spiders that walked slowly past decided to glue them on now this is not easy as it,s hard to glue one tyre on as the inside is right up against that B sidewinder cog but being brave i decided B -------- s ill leave it and just glue the outside , the other side was easy, just had to unglue my fingers from the B wheel after i finished.

After a medical break for a medium Brandy at 15-20 in the afternoon checking all was good which to my surprise it was mounted the axle and wheels on to my might tyre truer and turning to the CD player with a Dune Eddy cd in turned it on and then the truer fitted with a medium grit, so i started to the sound of Moovin 'n' Groovin and Yep and we were on a roll slowly bits of urethane started coming of to Some Kind Earthquake, then all of a sudden it went dark and quiet except for the wind howling outside, thought ah something is wrong, i,m quick like that sitting there thought a fuse has gone was reaching for my torch as the light was not working, hmmm, realised my better half had borrowed it and it was inside the house.

After getting torch located fuse box and put new fuse in and hay presto light!! the truer was trundling away and Hard times was playing on the cd player thought that's B apt, by now the hump in the tyres had gone and i had it, but all was looking good so changed to light grit and of we went again to the strains of The Lonely one coming from the CD player by now tyres were nearly there and then i remembered the cog, oops thought that B thing looks a bit close to the deck as Cannonball was thundering out, so please sir can i have more, with another bottle of Brandy.

34 expected today ........ perfect tyre truing weather, even better with the Shadows in the background :D

and beers always cold in the fridge

Gary

Hi folks

Well, I was excited today :D as the tyre envelope turned up in the post, so was all set to crack on with setting up the 2 Audis for this year's WRP.

However, on examining the envelope I found it was open :o and there were no tyres inside. :blink:

Back to the drawing board...!

I've messaged Mel.

Cheers

Dave

Hi folks

Well, I was excited today :D as the tyre envelope turned up in the post, so was all set to crack on with setting up the 2 Audis for this year's WRP.

However, on examining the envelope I found it was open :o and there were no tyres inside. :blink:

Back to the drawing board...!

I've messaged Mel.

Cheers

Dave

Give us a couple of days and we'll send some more over, this time priority and signature

Gary