Dave [Devious ] Craig

oldslot

Jenny rang this afternoon and told me, very sad news, he will be missed, always there with a helping hand and advice, could build a car with his eyes shut and still kick everyones arse.

DSC09334%20copy.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

Crowd%201.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC09714.jpg

DSC09048.2.jpg

DSC06011.jpg

DSC04823.jpg

DSC04789.jpg

DSC03940.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC02893.jpg

DSC04221.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Ah Bugga,..... I had the pleasure of spending an hour or so with Dave over coffees when he visited Adelaide a few years back. we had a great conversation on our hobby in that time.

He was one of nature's gentlemen.

Please pass on my sympathy to Dave's Family and Friends

Alan.

with much regret I must inform all of our members that Dave succumbed to his illness last night. R I P old mate.

Viv

I have no date as yet for the funeral possibly next Wednesday I will post details when available

Could be as early as Monday Viv.

Thanks for the pics Gazza.

Dave was a close and helpful friend of mine and many of our group, he will be surely missed

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

WOW. Dave was one of natures gentleman. Had the pleasure of racing with (in teams events) and against Dave and he was always a crafty bugger to get passed (which didnt happen too often).

He will be truly missed by all.

RIP Devious!

Just read the news. Dave was a gentleman of the slotcar world. He was a good friend and helped me out with my racing. Dave was the man who invented the KISS rule . He was the only bloke I knew who could build a car for a race meeting and turn up with a completely different car and run well. The man upstairs better have a good setup because he's got a bit of competition. RIP my freind . I too was happy to have that couple of hours with you.

Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Sorry to hear the sad news. He's no doubt sitting on a comfy chair somewhere with a screwdriver in one hand and a slotty in the other.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Farewell Devious... May your final journey be a great one...

I was not fortunate to have met you in person, but your presence on here will most definitely be missed...

Also, my condolences to your family in this difficult time.

A note from Jennifer (Dave's Daughter) for those interested and available

"Dad passed away from complications of pancreatic cancer on Tuesday 26 April. He wasn't in any pain and it was a peaceful passing.

His funeral will be held on Tuesday 3 May at 9.30am in the East Chapel at the Northern Suburbs Crematorium - 199 Delhi Road, North Ryde and a wake will be held from 11.30 at the Crystal Jade Seafood Restaurant in the Marconi Club, 121 -133 Prairie Vale Road, Bossley Park".

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

He was loved by many and he will be missed. As others have said always the gentleman and always willing to help anyone who asked for it.

Had the pleasure of knowing the Big Fella for quite a few years his one passion and maybe vice was his love of slot cars an in particular building them. Remember so many times that he had no hesitation in buying a car completly pulling it apart moving mortors to different locations once he had finished you would not recognise the new chassis from what was once the original. Once he put in on the track though was it good. Some of the best cars I had ever driven had Dave's .magic hands run over them

To his daughter Jennifer we are all sorry for you loss

RIP BIG fella may the slot gods smile on you up there

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had the time to come racing or check the site so was unaware of his troubles. This is such sad news.

May the lord smile on you in the afterlife. RIP Devious.

Stu

Old racers race harder