Not A New Class, But One Of The Best - Lexan Grp C

Springbok Racer

Hi guys,

Up here in SEQ we have again started racing an oldie. Only this time we decided to concentrate on making sure drivers have choice of chassis and spec the class in a manner that produce the closest racing possible.

Basically the rules are:

- Grp C bodies from Andrew Bartholomew, owner of Narangba Raceway.

- Any commonly available commercial chassis without rear-end pivot or motor box.

- Minimum total car weight of 140grams.

- Front and rear spur within body limits.

- Only 21mm rims (except if the body for scale purposes require smaller front wheels).

- Minimum rear wheel diameter 26.0mm (always a minimum of 2.0mm rubber on the rim).

- Maximum rear tyre width 16mm.

- Open polar length.

- Minimum ride height 1.0mm at all times.

- Fixed gearing at 11:44 using M50 gears.

- Motor Fox4 or SRP25. (PM me for information on SRP motors).

We have also tried to get guys to choose individual liveries (there are so many that dupication is easy to avoid).

In most our races the the field is normally covered by only a few laps. The podium is normally covered by less than a lap. Last Wednesday night at Ecurie Elite.au the top three was seperated by 0.26 of a lap). There is no specific chassis or motor dominating and a complete mix is always on the grid. It is all down to driver preference (use what you like and what works for you) within the ruleset.

Give it a go, you will love it. I will post some photo's soon. Here is my Castrol Jaguar (the body is 3 years old and like all lexan bodies, still lasting well):

20151206_183621.jpg

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Hi Pete,

Good to hear - Andrew and his N'ba boys are also starting to get some cars together. Saw Sam C taking his for a spin the other night, doing some obscene laptimes. Maybe in the second half of 2016 we can have a social getogether for this class.

Down on the coast Garry J (Plafit) and and Ashley S (Schoeler) are the gun drivers at the moment, with the rest of us hanging on, not far behind.

Enjoy,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'