Scalextric V8 Supercar Discovery

gref

I think I need to buy a gauss meter to measure them, and experiment.

Gauss meters aren't that useful. Try this instead.

Take an old piece of track, and glue/tape it to something weighing around 2kg. Place on digital scale and zero. Place car on track, lift car, noting amount of force on scale before car comes loose. This gives a very accurate measure of downforce.

Big advantage is that this method takes into account the magnet's height off the track, so you compare cars not magnets. Of course, fore/aft positioning of the mag has a marked effect too.

32nd Reich - For all models 1/32 - Back On-line.

I think I need to buy a gauss meter to measure them, and experiment.

Gauss meters aren't that useful. Try this instead.

Take an old piece of track, and glue/tape it to something weighing around 2kg. Place on digital scale and zero. Place car on track, lift car, noting amount of force on scale before car comes loose. This gives a very accurate measure of downforce.

Big advantage is that this method takes into account the magnet's height off the track, so you compare cars not magnets. Of course, fore/aft positioning of the mag has a marked effect too.

Ive also seen somthing simular where a peice of metal is spanned across a scale and supported by blocks so that it sits just above the scale

A car is then sat on top of the metal which is narrower than the tyres of the car so the tyres sit on the scale and pus down against it

Slotbaker good idea with the fibre optics but space isnt an issue inside the V8's so LED's would probably be more effective

Keep it in the groove

Pete