gazza

Wrp 2017

Hi Gazza and all.

I had not thought about lights as do they not need to be retained for Oz or SCX rallies. Suggest the same for Scaly Group B.

Re Scaly gear I replaced with mine with Slot-it but S-R as far as I am aware retained original plastic gear. Answer probably best to come from him.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Not being a Scalextric user so don't know F all about them , have received my replacement car rather nice looking Ford great body finish , wish i could say that about the rest of it but can sort it as i have a few months , want to true up the front tyres as they are crap so having been told they are knurled axles have a problem firstly how do i get the axles out as you need to get the wheels of first as the axle is in 2 plastic hoops unlike the SCX one's which have clip out bearings without breaking the wheels to glue and razor the front tyres , any help would be much appreciated learner in the art of Scalextric .

Not being a Scalextric user so don't know F all about them , have received my replacement car rather nice looking Ford great body finish , wish i could say that about the rest of it but can sort it as i have a few months , want to true up the front tyres as they are crap so having been told they are knurled axles have a problem firstly how do i get the axles out as you need to get the wheels of first as the axle is in 2 plastic hoops unlike the SCX one's which have clip out bearings without breaking the wheels to glue and razor the front tyres , any help would be much appreciated learner in the art of Scalextric .

Most are knurled but a while ago I got a Charger that had splined axles instead. Try twisting these and you're likely to split the hub.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

I put the front tyres on the rear axle, true then up, then put them back on the front axle, I don't always glue the front tyres.

Scalextric Fan.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

For Scaley fronts, they will generally twist off of the axle with 'moderate' force required.

Also, I generally mark both the tyre, the rim , and the axle, before removal, so that when I re-assemble them for truing, they are all sitting as they would in the car.

The Grankids were looking thru the shelf queens here over the weekend and are keen to enter IF there is room.

Could be a great class for them to do ALL the prep, without me getting involved, at least until it come to entry fee!

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

I have never done a proxy before but I would like to have a go at this one. I'm following closely what is going on and I already have a scaly RS200. Any help would be great and are the rules ready yet and what is the cost likely to be ?

Cheers Dazza.

Midwestern Model Raceway.

Dazza,

I'd say the organisers are a few months away from publishing rules and expressions of interest for the 2017 series.

It is highly likely that the rules will be very similar to the current WRP rules which are based on taking a standard car and making minor modifications (adding weight, changing to MJK tyres, change of guide).

Cost is generally around $30 but is likely to be influenced by postage costs to/from wherever the rounds are run.

For the keen rally fan the OzRally/Proxy is likely to be scheduled to begin well before the WRP - why not have a punt on both - you'll definitely enjoy both.

Tried the moderate force Rusty and tried a bit harder moderate force as well but can't shift them without breaking so given that up can we change the front tyres ?? to something more round and in better shape , also put 2 very thin washers between the wheel and the cog the other side to get rid of the straight shimmer the flop was causing and that seems to have worked a lot better, now i have the car tipping out of corners not every time , now i know this is that terrible guide, can we change it ??, have fitted MJK 's to the rear but the cog being so B big is hitting the track in places , can we change it ??, the motor is the best thing about this car smooth and pretty quick on my circuit in a straight line quite impressive , chuckle not sure how it will go on a good rally track with this sort of speed , can we chuck away the lights ??, need the space up front to weight it properly , by properly i mean similar to my SCX C4 i ran this year using that as a bench mark this scale car is light years behind at the moment , so my impressions after over 100 laps on my Carrera circuit is has potential and good job i have until 2017 to get it sorted as i will B well need it. :)

Miveson Has the next oz rally proxy being posted, I can't fid any info on it. I'm keen to have a go at both events.

Midwestern Model Raceway.

Can someone enlighten me as to what size MJK's fit the RS200 and where to get them please?

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Don't know if this helps Wobble but i have cat no 4219 on mine at the moment good enough to try the car out but not much room under the cog , where you get them there not sure possibly Armchair racer , i might try P/G's from slot car corner next to see if i can get a bit more room under the cog, after 100 laps with the MJK's cog hitting the track in places

Don't know if this helps Wobble but i have cat no 4219 on mine at the moment good enough to try the car out but not much room under the cog , where you get them there not sure possibly Armchair racer , i might try P/G's from slot car corner next to see if i can get a bit more room under the cog, after 100 laps with the MJK's cog hitting the track in places

Yeah, that concerned me a bit when I read about yours not being a lot bigger than the gear. Surely there must be something with a bit more meat in them.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

In regards to the tyre concerns.

I am in talks at the moment with MJK working out the best tyre to use.

The previous tyres used on the SCX cars fit well, but are a bit low in profile and don't give enough clearance for the main gear.

So we are sorting through the range available for something to suit, if not we may have to mould a new range of tyres.

Will keep everyone informed as we go, needless to say that the tyres will have to be a large priority as they need to be fitted ASAP to get the car sorted out.

Early days still plenty of time, but it's good to see so many interested and starting the build process

If you stick with the suggestions already posted i.e.

The four cars pictured on the first thread ..... Ford, MG, Audi and Lancia.

Standard gearing that comes with the car.

Any weight added must be on the inside

Minimal chassis trimming is allowed.

Guide modification is allowed.

Standard interior must be retained, slight trimming of the underpan allowed to help with body float

No magnets or magnetic down force of any kind

MJK control tyre supplied (when we find out)

You should be close to the mark, we are trying to keep it simple and easy for the first year of change over

A complete set of rules will be posted up a bit latter with entry fee and track schedule to follow

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

If it helps on tyres for RS 200 owners, Wobble and others, have tried a few different sets and settled on , MJK 4263 the scaley Torano one they do gives you a bit more room under the cog should do a series i would think been running the car with these on for about an hour or so on and off and they look fine have a slight doming in the middle of the tyre but does not seem to affect the handling and wears down any way , another one i did try which i liked was 4258 think it's the Pioneer Mustang one slightly taller in dia so a higher rear but no doming in the middle possibly a tyre worth thinking about as well especially for a long run in testing.

Yeh tried the 4258, plenty of clearance both for the spur gear as well as inside the guards, also plenty of meat on them for truing down

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Going of track a bit from MJK's Gary try the P/G XPG 21105 the one he does for the SCX Cuda works a treat on the Ford RS 200

4202 for GT40 also fit the RS200 but about 1mm wider than the stock RS tyre and slightly domed too and will need to be sanded

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hi all.

Good to see the tyre situation getting sorted. Still no comment from you though S_R on your experience.

Question of lights still needs to be answered I think Gazza.

Regards Chas Le Breton