gazza

Wrp 2017

Maybe we need to all buy Scalextric group B cars for this series and help out Scalextric as best we can.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Don't think it was a group B car Wobble

You're probably right but I googled Group B - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_B - and the Ferrari 288 GTO is on the list which seems to be a homologation of the 308 GTB or vice versa.

Just thought it might open up the variety a bit. I do have a RS200 too, fresh off Trademe

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hi Peter.

As I have said previously I am happy to enter my SCX Toyota again. Still seems to go OK.

As far as my RS200 is concerned it was more modified than S-R's but I did stick with a Scaly motor. Think I may have beefed up guide mount and added Ninco sprung guide. In my experience Scaly wheels are quite robust and fit MJK tyres well.

Regards Chas Le Breton

my proposal:

scalex group B

stock motor gear and pinion

open guide

controlled MJK tyre.

PLEASE do not change anything to the propulsion and we will have a low cost and a levelled field.

+2

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

I have only one real concern regarding the Scalex cars and that is the knurled axles should any of the wheels be slightly protruding from the car body work. Other than that it's a reasonably priced and readily available option.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Good one Curef99. My thoughts exactly.

I do not recall if my RS200 wheels were within body (I think they were) but I did have to narrow the wheels on the front of my Falcon Aussie V8. A bit of a twist and wheel came off OK and pushed back on straight after shortening the axle (some of the knurling was still there). Have had no trouble with wheel coming off after several years. Not sure I would be happy to do the same with rear axle.

Have heard of people losing wheels off Scaly cars so have to wonder if they have been removed previously. My preference would be for standard axles to be used. Edge of tyres could be sanded if slightly outside of body.

I have found too that there is often quite a bit of side play. This can be used to help centre axle

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Miveson.

Yes I noticed when I was researching different cars that there was quite a difference in a number of basic dimensions.

Width varies from 54 to 61mm. Height from 41 to 50mm. Wheelbase from 69 to 79mm and overall length from 115 to 132mm. Also weight varies from 77 to 94.5gm but this is probably unimportant as all will have added weight.

I did not notice only Peugot was inline at time but I do not think this is necessarily an advantage or disadvantage. Some of the historic SW cars performed very well in OZ Rally if not better than inline WRC field.

One clarification I think that should be made is all weight to be added to interior only.

Mind you one thought was why not have 2 classes with entry in both being allowed. This would give people option to re-enter SCX cars or start afresh with Scaly Group B. Both would comply with the idea of keeping things simple.

Regards Chas Le Breton

i have a pug on the shelves... and entering the competition with it if the guide and tires are the only changes. in fact, it is too beautiful to tune, this is my only problem.

Otherwise i am always happy to let people reuse their SCX in this serie if we want more entries... but if i remember well, it was the opposite, too many entries last time :).

Not adverse to using Scaley cars don't particularly like them but if were going to go down this road it should be like SCX out of the box with JUST a dedicated tyre , not sure how these cars react on rally tracks with no sprung guide only seen them on circuits here , and also not sure of the 18k can, and not sure of spending £40 on a car and if Cure and others have their way another £10 at least to make it better , and not sure of Salextric future!!!!!, noticeable that there are not many comments if any from the bulk of the recent grids, seems to be only about 6/8 of us, really would like to know from ALL or most who take part in the WRP their opinion before we go any further.

Hi Curef99.

Multiple classes does not necesarily mean more entries although it would be good to be proven wrong. It does not appear to have detracted from OZ Rally.

Suggestion was more about giving people more options and utilisng exisiting cars but this may not be everybodies cup of tea.

I am happy with either option. Would be interesting to see how 2 classes compare on same tracks in same conditions. I assume SCX would retain 4WD but Group B would be 2WD.

Regards Chas Le Breton

I don't care what the organisers come up with...

I'll race cockroaches if we could send them around the world, I'm confident the organisers

Will get it sorted, phil has my ears pricked and I'm interested to see how it goes phil, I'm only newish to this hobby so I'll just watch and wait for rules then I'll build a car 😉

Ps

Guide change and tyres sounds great

Rossko

Edited by GAS41T

My little ninco Stratos is a rocket with a 10t pinion and some XPG tyres on the back. Have retained the standard Sparker (green) motor.

Lots of lead in the right place, locked up the springs and a Ninco Pro guide. Would make a good proxy car if it wasn't so competitive in Club racing.

My little ninco Stratos is a rocket with a 10t pinion and some XPG tyres on the back. Have retained the standard Sparker (green) motor.

Lots of lead in the right place, locked up the springs and a Ninco Pro guide. Would make a good proxy car if it wasn't so competitive in Club racing.

That's great, you should enter it in next years OzRally proxy series.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

for me, SCX and scalex B with guide change and MJK tires, i am on.

No SCX, Scalextric only this year

Gary

Worked out from your last reply Gary that your going ahead with running Scalextric only in 2017 but not quite sure what mods we can do to them if any, or are they running as standard like SCX with just the MJK tyre on.

Running with minimal mods, same as the SCX cars.

Standard motor and gearing (sidewinder)

Tyres will be supplied, at this stage (have to confirm with MJK)

Any weight added has to be on the inside.

Slight trimming of chassis to allow body float will be allowed, but only slight ...... do not get the chainsaw out

Standard interior with slight trimming allowed

Wheel hubs can be strengthened ie string and superglue wrap, brass sleeve

There has been concerns about the guide, so a guide change is allowed if you wish, it's not mandatory (still under review)

Apart from that it's as they come out of the box

Gary

Well done Gazza.

I strongly urge you to allow guide replacement although I see Scaly are in process of producing a deeper guide (7mm). Doubt it is available yet and probably not standard equipment on existing cars. I think with variety of tracks versality of Ninco sprung guide is advisable.

Are all Scaly Group B cars eligible whether SW or in-line?

I hope to be able to use a Peugot as I prefer to own/use different cars.

Regards Chas Le Breton

To keep the playing field as even as possible, we will stick with just the sidewinder configeration at this time

Gary