Item Withdrawn From Production???

Wobble

GT-HO is back at least :)

Dear

We recently sent you an email on 15.04.16 to advise that your pre-order for the following item was no longer going to be available, and as a result your pre-order was cancelled.

Item Legends Ford XY GT-HO Falcon.

This email was sent in error and we are pleased to confirm the above item is still planned for production and available again for pre-order.

If you would still like to be one of the first to receive this item, you will need to visit the website and place a new pre-order. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Should you have any further enquiries on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact our customer care team via telephone on 01843 233525 or via email at customercare@hornbyhobbies.com

Still think it's all a bit strange.

I thought Southern Models dropped the V8SC because they were getting too expensive to produce. Obviously that was largely due to the licensing demanded by the teams. But the current models are full detail, which the none of the V8SCs have been. The licensing is obviously less, due to less sponsorship and age, but the model and tooling would be more.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

good to see an about turn.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

• 4 months later...

Good to see Scalextric are on the ball with the release of the new XB Falcon, which will never be seen in stores but only for top dollar on ebay.

Surely this company is run by people who have no clue whatsoever as to what their customers want.

If you pre-ordered the XB Falcon you may get one, but apparently they couldn't/can't even make enough to cover these.

Absolute joke of a company, better off spending your money elsewhere.

Yeah seen those pics Mark, they produce such a quality product now, definitely worth the prices they charge as well, not.

Can see Scalextric copping a bit of a backlash from some unhappy customers.

I have al the other XB's and Toranas and have never pre-ordered any of them, not about to start now either.

Looks like I'll definitely miss out on my favourite car then, the XY as I'm sure they will completely stuff up the numbers for this as well.

Well done to the clowns at the Scalextric Circus.

Yeah seen those pics Mark, they produce such a quality product now, definitely worth the prices they charge as well, not.

Can see Scalextric copping a bit of a backlash from some unhappy customers.

I have al the other XB's and Toranas and have never pre-ordered any of them, not about to start now either.

Looks like I'll definitely miss out on my favourite car then, the XY as I'm sure they will completely stuff up the numbers for this as well.

Well done to the clowns at the Scalextric Circus.

You might find the XY is a bit easier to get as the Mad Max car is going to sell well overseas too whereas most of them wouldn't give a toss about the XY in Europe and maybe even the US. I ordered through a local shop so hopefully we still see them come here. It seems stupid they would not be trying to cash in on an obvious big seller in the Mad Max car too and manufacture more numbers.

Fun and games at Scalextric no doubt - remember the nonsense with the first Gold Leaf Lotus - everyone scrambling to get one - retailers selling them on eBay instead of honouring pre-orders - and then Scaley up and releases the #6 car..... mind you the #7 green 49 was actually made in fewer numbers than the first Gold Leaf so technically is rarer.

I don't know how many cars they usually make but I would have thought doubling it would have been a safe bet for the Mad Max car - heck even people not into slot cars would have bought it as it is an iconic movie car.....

Edited by dangermouse