Wobble

Item Withdrawn From Production???

They say "no news is good news" but this might be bad news. On the right side of the listing printed in red were the words 'Item Withdrawn From Production'

When I returned to view them again they showed as normal. There were others as well.

http://www.scalextri...-xc-falcon.html

http://www.scalextri...-ho-falcon.html

http://www.scalextri...s-302-1969.html

http://www.scalextri...a9x-torana.html

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

I guess they've not received enough pre-orders to warrant the expense of production.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Reading on another forum, people have had emails from Hornby saying the XY, XB have been removed from pre-order and are no longer available.

The people at Hornby sure know how to throw away easy money.

IMHO the XY GTHO would of sold well.

Oh well, at least now I only need to look at other brands and save a little cash as well.

Withdrawn From Production ... and apparently ... removed from site

edit - total in excess of 20 cars

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

I just get the 404 error when I look

hope it is not a bad omen

I have already got a XY GTHO body from munter so I am good for that car

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Wasn't there a thread recently about the parent company being in trouble. What does it cost to do a new injection mould for a body? 5000 20000 - 50000? So then how many cars do they have to sell before they start making money

Funny thing is, we've seen photos of the GTHO prototype, so there must be some moulds floating around the place for it. Maybe the detail stuff isn't finished or too expensive to finish.

I'd be happy if they released an unpainted body kit it with or without interior, window glass, chassis etc.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

A new car to tool up around $100,000

Try would need to sell around 10000 to break even.

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

With the Group suffering severe financial difficulties it is not a surprise that anything seen as 'risky' is removed from planning. We will, unfortunately see more of the same old stuff released in future years, which to my way of thinking is likely to result in an increased decline in company stocks. Unfortunately large companies often fail to see that the only way forward is to risk it all.

Bram, I those prototype photos that you mentioned were only 3D renderings of the CAD work.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

With the Group suffering severe financial difficulties it is not a surprise that anything seen as 'risky' is removed from planning. We will, unfortunately see more of the same old stuff released in future years, which to my way of thinking is likely to result in an increased decline in company stocks. Unfortunately large companies often fail to see that the only way forward is to risk it all.

Bram, I those prototype photos that you mentioned were only 3D renderings of the CAD work.

Well, that's a shame and a red face on me. They had me totally sucked in with the photos and my hopes up. Looks like the Javelin is still a go so I'm still wanting to buy 'a' Scaley car this year.

Not much help to them eh?

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Looks like the only Falcon produced this year will be this one ........

c3741_1.jpg

They do have the chassis for the XW/XY listed as available

signed-off-080116-58_4.jpg

So Munter you better start stocking up on resin ....... your going to be a busy little boy

The Johnson Sierra looks the part as well

c3740_3_1.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

That's good news gazza, forgot about the XC and Sierra, now there's 3 I want - but why continue with a chassis without a body?

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Maybe Jules ( Pioneer ) could put in a bid for the tooling . At least they would work if he made 'em

Maybe Jules ( Pioneer ) could put in a bid for the tooling . At least they would work if he made 'em

:ph34r:

I was waiting to see if they dropped the Javelin. Apparently not.

Yet.

Jules

I don't think they'd be releasing the chassis without the body. I expect it is a simple case of not having deleted it yet.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I wonder if Scaley will go back to their old ways and make the XC a repaint of a XB?

The Dash of the XB is a different seperable clip within the interior and the front grill is a seperate number too so Im thinkin' it'll be something like the the 69 and 70 Mustang. I hope so...Be interesting to see how they fashion the rear spoiler too.

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

On this page in Kar Kraft's post #414, he made mention of the XC and I remember seeing it too. - http://www.auslot.co...s/page__st__400 - although it's not to be seen now.

Also, I've just been reading this again - http://www.scalextri...testtrack/5505/ - and paragraph 3 speaks about a rapid prototype which can be mounted on a chassis and tested.

Seems like the photos of the GTHO might have been one of these and here's hoping the XC wasn't one of these too.

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Well, this is annoying...

(PR. Hornby – April 2016)

In light of recent trading results, we have had to review the range we are launching in 2016 and have had to make a limited number of changes to the Hornby, Scalextric and Corgi ranges.

As a result, the following items (shown below) are no longer available.

Hornby Hobbies is passionate and committed to ensuring all our products deliver a great experience for all our customers, and the changes are to ensure the products that remain in our line, are true to this objective.

On this occasion we apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment this late change to our 2016 range may have caused.

Kind regards,

Hornby Hobbies

Scalextric items withdrawn from production

SETS

C1363 Grand Prix (ARC ONE)

C1359 Le Mans (ARC AIR)

C1357 Touring Cars (ARC PRO)

CARS

C3699A Mercedes F1

C3700A McLaren F1

C3707 Lotus 49

C3778 Team Truck

C3710 Team Cops n Robbers Street X Car

C3769 Ford Daytona Prototype

C3725 Chevrolet Camaro 1969

C3726 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Trans Am

C3728 Ford Mustang Boss 302 1969 Trans Am

C3729 Mercury Cougar XR7 1969 Trans Am

C3780 Audi Sport Quattro E2

C3753 Ford RS2000

C3752 Lancia Delta S4

C3754 MG Metro 6R4

C3761 Volkswagen Campervan

According to this, most of the Aussie cars should be still going ahead...

Unfortunately, we know otherwise...

Edit:

Also, most of the cars on this list are re-paints, so things must be really bad for Hornby at the moment...

Hmmm, I wonder if there are issues with the manufacturer in China like Pioneer had...

Edited by shadow_rusty

Still not surprised, Barclays ensuring that they invest appropriately. New moulds would not be an appropriate investment.

I'm positive that Hornby would know the cost of each car in the 2016 range:

High level of pre-orders + existing moulds + low cost = well defined return (low risk)

Low level of pre-orders + new moulds + high cost = unknown return (high risk)

I'd expect to see more cuts from the range if any identified risks during manufacture that incur costs materialise.

From what I have read elsewhere there seems to be up to 26 models and counting that are not going to be produced.

There also seems to be a lot of mis-information regarding which models are not going to be produced as well.

Some dealers seem to have listed less than others, some more.

All we can do is wait and see what Scalextric will or won't produce.

The bean counters have been in charge for a while, not enought pre orders and the product doesn't go ahead, next years product range is more of a, if you like it so much pre order and if the numbers are there we'll think about making it.

If they put out more white cars that would save on costs as well

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017