wwwace

2016 Australian Plafit Championship

EC79E2DE-7527-487B-877E-8DF961CA5CD7_zpsrnswspye.jpgall the toys are ready for the party next weekend in Bris Vegas . Looking forward to the Dapto team rising to the challenge . Will be awesome to catch up with everyone again from around the country . Great fun always at these events so hopefully this will be the best yet . Thanks to Werner again for organising the event and Red Racer for hosting . Hope to meet more Qlders this time and have a beer or three of course . See you in a week Pagey

Never seen that many Redbulls together in one paddock Glenny.

Here's my stable for the APC with a box of Red to help me wind down after a long day racing & a box of Blues to help me rise if my driving sucks & to keep me 12" away from the track. :rolleyes::D

DSCN1260_zpsqiffgkoo.jpg

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Maybe switch the Red and Blues around Jim for fun? Who's your roomy Steve ? Ford drivers are easy and normally happy someone has taken a interest in them . Lol . Great group of cars and I know there fast , looking forward to having you back on the road in the Dapto band .

Cheers Pagey

Great to have you back Jimmy, nice to know there's someone old as me having a go.. and Pagey, get your tick and flea shots now.

Good Luck to all in Brisbane this weekend. Hope the boys from Dubbo take out a few. #DubboCup.

Brooksy.

Brooksy

2016 APC Results by Class

http://birkdaleracew...Muscle_Cars.zip

http://birkdaleracew...2_Modern_GT.zip

http://birkdaleracew...7_Mini-Z_GT.zip

http://birkdaleracew...mula_LeMans.zip

http://birkdaleracew...c_and_CanAm.zip

http://birkdaleracew...-24_Group_C.zip

http://birkdaleracew...4_Formula_1.zip

http://birkdaleracew...om/1-24_GTJ.zip

Each zip file contains a pdf with the overall results for the class plus text files of each race and qualifying. To view the text files correctly you need to set your text reader font to a fixed width font such as Lucida Console and a size of about 9 points should be correct.

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Thanks for posting the results Gary! Now onto discovering who won what!

Edited by Brooksy

Brooksy

Wow huge fields! Congrats to all the winners (Andrew, Simon, Cam, Jon, Noel, Greg C and & Jason) in each of the classes. Looks like it was a great weekend all round. Couldn't make it due to other racing commitments here in Sydney over the weekend, however i'll hope to be back in 2017.

Brooksy.

Brooksy

Wow what an absolutely fantastic APC . This was my second and with the greatest number of entries it was always going to be a top weekend .

Great spirit and sportsmanship shown across the weekend with cars,controllers,parts and advice being shared across the field for those who needed help. Regardless of sate or ranking to get every one into the racing . Also things like Andrew stepping down out of F1 final to allow Greg in who had traveled all the way from Vic to have a lead wire problem and miss by one lap . Gentleman Andrew.

Also Chris from Vic who had a great drive in Can Am to get a second place for B grade, then realised his 3rd place last year overall in the same class last year made him a A graded driver , so he handed the trophy back himself . That allowed others to move up so Mark from Vic got his first podium for B grade . Gentleman Chris . Also a fantastic thing with the B grade trophies Werner as it gives the other guys something to aim for as we are blessed with so many champs it's very hard to crack into that top three ever .

No state boundaries when all the Mexicans found themselves in the same heat , so Dapto boys adopted a Vic for the day to act as pit crew . Then as it turned out we had a Dapto cup in another heat so they returned th favour . Lol

Great to catch up again with Qld mates and meet and make more friends . Great that so many locals came out to support the event and with so many champs in this end of the country the racing was always going to be great and it was ! Thanks to Norm for the Viking drink Mead . 18 percent made from honey , a drink for men only . Thought we had the Vics in trouble when they were late on race day . Lol

Dapto boys can hold there heads up high . With great drives and lots of personal best and improvement across our group . Great to have Jim back and to see his drive in the FLM race with Cam was very impressive Poppy . Loved it ! We are very lucky to have Cam as a humble champ in our club . Awesome to see his drives and success across the weekend .Captains bad luck was at a all time high . Bummer ! Think we need to drop the sicaflex sponsorship deal . Lol we need to take turns with quality control your builds so you have better results . Think you spent to much time looking after us all with organising the party house , food and drink . Awesome job on that mate , thank you had a ball , great place .

Finally thanks to Werner, Lucas and Garry . Also to their apprentices in tech check and grand marshal . Managed to keep all my s#!t off the track this time with my modified bumb bag (Garry bag) lol. With so many cars to check, qualify and race it is a sign how well it was run as I still made my flight home . Thank you .

Also a big thank you to Andrew for so many prizes of bodies . Every one went home with a prize , Gentleman again . There must be a dark side there some were Andrew ? Lol

Already looking forward to the next one , thanks to all the fellow competitors for the weekend a had a ball . See you all next year if not before .

Cheers Pagey

What an awesome event !!!!

That was the first time to travel and Race For most of us Victorians and we had no idea what we were in for.

From the first second we arrived we were welcomed by everyone and even had some set up tips from Noel

Learning a new track with a vinyl surface then to change the direction and start again and get up to a decent "RACE PACE"

Was a Challenge, but now its all over thinking back it is part of the racing interstate experience and i think we did pretty well considering

We had a few late nights talking it up and partying on back at the Hotel Rooms.

our pace, driving etiquette, honesty and results surprised a few people and made me proud to be part of the team

The Racing Was Fast and Fair and i would like to thank everyone who was there for a great time.

i already can't wait for the next one.

Race Ya Later

Jason

Race Ya Later

Jason

G'day Jason you were a fast rising star on the weekend mate ! Great drives over all grades and your win in first race most definitely got everyone's attention . Lol . I'm sure Noel will be a little slower with advice to you next year . Lol Always good laughs with you Mexicans and pleased you have caught the travel bug so Greg won't be the only Mexican on opening ceremony . See you at the next race .

Cheers Pagey

Another great apc this year with the usual professional organisation from Werner and Garry. Werners wife Elka (spelling?) was an absolute gem working flat out behind the scenes. Track was a pleasent surprise running in reverse, great to see a big field of drivers turn up particularly the Victorian and NSW drivers. Shout out to Red Racer for the venue.

Lots of laughs on and off the track, the vets Axman and Jim were standouts having some great drives (gotta feel for Ax hitting the oil slick at the end of the straight in Mini Z). Also lots of praise about the new B trophies/prizes and to Andrew Bartholomew for donating bodies as prizes to the non place getters.

Pretty sure the Dapto boys will be out in support next year, they all drove good, clean races.

Cheers,

Cam

Hoo Roo

The 2016 APC at Red Racer was in my opinion the best ever & events like this don't happen without good organisation.A massive thanks to Werner & Elka,Gary Johnson the best race director in the world,Luckas for providing a great venue,all the Queenslanders who pitched in to make it a very memorable race meet,Andrew for the prizes,Simon,John,Udo for all your help behind the scenes

Great to see more Mexicans to keep Greg company,good drivers & most importantly great guys that are very switched on to the Plafit concept of racing scale cars.

Big thanks to the fellow Daptoids for looking after Poppy,a big thankyou to The Capt for organising the haunted house,great digs.I'll miss the Sunday practice days at X-Treme where we all helped one another with our car set ups & shared info.

A big congratulations to Cam for his great results on the week end & giving us the bench mark for where we had to be to be competive at the highest level.

The large entries made for a very tireing weekend but the friendliness made it all worth while.

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Great to see you racing on a National level again Jimmy. You looked like a rat with a gold tooth after your podium finish in the FLM race... and where did you pluck those sub 7 second lap times from?

As you say the weekend was one of the best. A big congratulations to Werner for introducing the Pro Am Trophy structure, I'm sure this format will be a winner for future events. Congratulations to all that made the effort to come, those that made the podium, Cam who set the pace, Jon for joining the winners circle and Jason Lane for shaking up the event winning first trophy of the day in Muscle Cars.

See you at the next race,

Kim

Edited by axman

What a ripper weekend. Thanks to Luke, Werner, Gary, Phil and Elka for all there efforts to make this event a pleasure to attend for us all. Congrats to all the champs, fast cars and great drives. Many thanks to all the racers who made the effort, good to catchup with some from last year and meet some new equally great blokes this year. See you all at the next one.

Cheers

Mark.M

Great weekend, loved every minute of it. Good to catch up with the Dapto Boys and meet the Victorians. Great atmosphere, great racing and worthy winners all round.

My weekend turned out better than I thought it would but not as good as it should have been. Stoked to jag 2nd place (B grade) in Muscle car, hi light of my weekend. I would also like to thank my partner for the Teams event Grant Kirkback, Great cars mate.

Thanks to Werner & Elka, Lucas, Gary Johnson, Phil Morrow, Udo & John for their work with tech inspections and organisation of the event.

Bring on next years APC, can't wait.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Drummond

"How many times do I have to tell you, HOLD IT FLAT THROUGH THERE"