XY Falcon GTHO...Working On The Resin Components

munter

I have used a diecast for the master of this shell. I have made the wing and shaker inlet as separate pieces. The inserts are finished and are made to fit Slotit 15inch rims. I still have to make the window bucks and an interior tray.

This one is longer in the wheelbase than the Charger....too long for a standard Pioneer Mustang chassis....sorry Bram???

You can see a couple of cut out mistakes which made me toss the shell into the bin. The resin is surprisingly tough as I gave it a good twist in my hands before binning it.

P1150028_zpsvctdcsn3.jpg

P1150025%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zps3uee8for.jpg

P1150029_zpsd9zfbgvk.jpg

P1150037_zpsyw9gife9.jpg

P1150031_zpsqivkncyk.jpg

P1150080_zpsl5u3ldle.jpg

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Munter - you mean the mixed caps and small type in the heading?

It seems to be a glitch in the software, it changes stuff to lower case whether you want it or not

is that better?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

This is what a finished version should look like.

gallery_89_577_206417.jpg

This one is the first one I built to show case the resin kit back in 2007. Check what version you are building as some raced without the rear wing and front spoiler!

Most of the Aussie guys that have built these used the Scalex Mustang Chassis with the front axle moved forward to suit, I would think the same is possible with tthe pioneer chassis.

This build uses Patto decals as it was before I had the Alps printers,BUT the bonnet stripes had to be painted abd the ones on the decal sheet are too short, as I do not think that problem has been fixed, as many others have commented on the size of the decals.

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi Phil. I've got one from someone in tassie - can't remember who - which doesn't look anywhere as good as yours. Would be very interested for my GpC tourers house class.

Chassis is a scratch built brass/wire with a slot.it sidewinder pod, H&R Jack Rabbit motor and roughly 2.6:1 gearing.

Tony

Mine has the shaker built in and appears to be a little out of scale (small) compared to the Monaro and Charger from the same bloke.

The surface quality isn't the best either - has lots of bubbles. I am slowly working through the kits to get them to a reasonable standard, but would very much welcome a quality kit if available...

These die casts make great masters for moulding as the detail is very good.
dunno if I totally agree.

The three I have done all required quite a bit of fiddling, fettling and finishing before I thought they were ready for the silicone.

John Warren

I do know how much work is required John, BUT as you now know much easier than starting with a block of wood! :D

I don't think people know just how much time and work goes into moulding and casting even from a die cast.

Imagine how long it would take to do all that detailing in wood!

That is why we make a furtune from casting! :P

The PhillK Mustang Chassis mod

The full link

Not hijacking, just showing that a classic never looses any interest, the original thread was back in 2007

My build

DSCF5971.jpg

Vince's build

XY05.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Body trimmed out ready to build window blocks. 24.5g as you see it.

I was tempted to grind the wipers off and now wish I did as they are slightly indistinct.

Tools used shown as well.

P1150105_zpsiepc5g5p.jpg

P1150106_zps2q3r3cn6.jpg

P1150108_zpswptezkfd.jpg

P1150112_zpskflheqv8.jpg

Edited by munter

John Warren