8 replies to this topic

#1 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

Posted Image

It's on again in Hopetoun regional Victoria on the shores of the beautiful Lake Lascelles. Come and join our gracious hosts Paul and Anita for a fun weekend of racing on Queen's Birthday Weekend.

Rules and proposed class schedule can be downloaded here.

Hopetoun is near the Victoria/South Australia border. What better place for an interstate showdown?!
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#2 Guest_jazzbell_*

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

Why on the weekend of the MCN ? It's been the June long weekend for years this event !!

#3 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

Not my decision guys.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#4 lenny broke

7th runner up 1978 South Australian Womp Championship

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:28 AM

View Postjazzbell, on 22 February 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

Why on the weekend of the MCN ? It's been the June long weekend for years this event !!
Hi Shane,
Probably because those going to this event aren't interested in racing at the MCN, so won't be taking away entries from that event. This event draws it's entry from mainly the small back yard club racers.
Alan
home track club racer

#5 John FPR7

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:50 AM

Hi, This race is on the June long weekend - yes.
If we could find another long weekend we would use it.
Unfortunately it is the only one in the cooler weather.
Hopetoun can be reasonably hot & camping is the option that most competitors coming to the event use.
Camping is not much fun in hot weather eh!
We need to run it on a long weekend because some of the competitors are travelling to support the event - a 5 hour trip from Adelaide.

Edited by John FPR7, 09 March 2016 - 10:10 PM.

#6 toast

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

5 hours up the road from me , count me in , just need to source BRM cars

#7 Garry J

Expat Cockroach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

The Queen's birthday holiday in Queensland is actually on the 3rd of October this year.

As Her Majesty's birthday is actually the 21st of April I don't know how they came up with October.

From the Qld Gov web site -
  • On 13 October 2015 amendments to the Holidays Act 1983 were passed by Parliament prescribing that from 2016, Labour Day public holiday is to be observed on the first Monday in May and the Birthday of the Sovereign (Queen’s Birthday) public holiday is to be observed on the first Monday in October.

Cheers,

Garry J

Posted Image

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

#8 John FPR7

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

Hi Garry, Bet the Queen is happy - 2 days in a year to celebrate her birthday besides the correct day. But around the Commonwealth I guess there are plenty of other holidays as well.

Also to "Toast". I believe that the Group C cars are still available RTR from any Lehaman's supplied raceway- probably have to be ordered in though if you want a certain livery.

For the " Classic GT" like the Porsche 917 and the Ferrari 5 BRM Italia are now out of stock due to high demand probably in USA.

I think White body complete cars are still available for these though - so out with the spray can & decals there. Possibly some RTR cars are available from raceways around the world somewhere.
I am told no more RTR Porsche 917K ot Ferrari 512 will be produced by BRM Italia until 2017

You could get the Plastic chassis 917 RTR and then get a metal chassis upgrade kit if you are not into painting bodies - But there were no Ferrari 512 Plastic chassis - only Metal. ( with Plastic Pod )
The McLaren F1 GTR is available as far as I know in some liveries. Also the new Porsche 911GT1 is available.

If you wish to know any more contact me , John via email fpr10@bigpond.com or 0412857008 and we can chat more about the event and the cars. Your entry will be welcomed

This looks like the final event at Hopetoun Model Raceway as Paul has other plans for the building & the track will be dismantled & packed away after the GT challenge. This is due to not getting many local customers. Pretty sad for the Slot Car World but sometimes wise decisions are needed.
Hopefully we will get a good entry for the event - to say farewell to a very well set up raceway and a great flowing but challenging track.

#9 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances the Hopetoun Model Raceway GT Challenge has been cancelled.

Paul has decided to keep the track in place for now with the hope of running another event at a future date.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users