Other Interests & Hobbies

slotbaker

Bikes seems to be a bit of a theme - I spend several hours on mine each week. But when you move from creating a garden space to maintenance it somehow moves from being energising and relaxing to another job that has to be done. Must go fly a kite, or catch another wave

Edited by Dreamer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jazzbell

Dads taxi service is mine.

With the amount of kids i have all I'm doing is driving them to sports training 4 nights a week ,plus Saturday and Sundays.

It's even got to the stage of me giving slots up on Friday nights.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

4X4 driving in this fantastic country of ours and building my touring machine. Oh and a XTC hard tail is also on my shopping list somewhere in the future.

Seems riding bikes is popular. Rob, when you get one let me know and we'll do some laps at Lysterfield.. best bike ive had!!

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

I've been a keen mountain biker for all my adult life, started out racing downhill in the 90's, went to XC when I got too slow for DH and these days I'm too slow for XC racing but I still ride mt local trails regulary & still enjoy it very much, have ridden trails all over Aus...

My other main hobby which turned into a job eventually is fishing! Have fished all over this country & still love it as well!

I Miss Brocky...

What other hobbies do you have besides Slot cars?

This could be a bad topic..............

Have, RC Cars (nitro 1/10),RC boats (Various nitro classes),RC planes (nitro,electric & gas),

Collect, die cast 1/18 cars, motor racing items of (Sir Jack & Alan jones)

Enjoy, restoring cars (bodywork & painting), and taking Henry to Tbirds

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Just bought myself a Mk1 Golf tu use as a toy, err, daily driver...

I suspect that my slots money has just dried up for a while... :(

Edited by shadow_rusty

Hi, because of the huge interest in rodding and classic car in recent years, could you can get your money back with the right car?

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Most people restore/modify cars for the love of it, as 9 times out of 10, the cost of it is greater than what the car is worth. If you need to pay someone to do the work for you, then you have no chance at all. I just spent 6k on a v6 conversion/basic restoration on my vh wagon and I did 95% of the work myself. If I paid someone to do it it would have cost 15 to 20k. If I went to sell the car now I would be lucky to get 6k for it.

BUT, If I bought a GTHO in the 80s, before I was born, and had it in dry storage all that time and tried to sell it now. I think I could pay off my home loan and still have money left over.

Glad this topic was revived . Very interesting to see or read what people are up to and quite pleasing to see that slot cars aren't the only thing in our lives .

Cars seem to be a strong theme for obvious reasons , as well as bikes . I have restored a few early Falcons in the past which was a very enjoyable time of my life . Guitars and music soked up a my 20's trying to sound like SRV then motor cycles took over when Mick Doohan was king .

Here's a favourite of mine at turn 9 eastern creek

061007JPM_0428.jpg

Spent many long week ends treking up and down the east coast doing track days .

Now the kids keep me busy and am lucky to get to do any slot racing but still enjoy building slot cars , pick the odd tune and ride my bike a couple of times a year .

I play guitar in 70s/80s covers band. To be honest, I hate the music, but it's good to be playing with a group. We don't practice enough to get good enough to actually get booked.

Other than that, I unintentionally collect things, I like taking photos, I've built/maintained a few websites and I tend to drink a lot of tea. Also dabble in model trains too every now & then.

http://smg.photobuck...991956228610196

I'm into hotrods, have been for years, now they can suck up a bit of your disposable income.

Hi, because of the huge interest in rodding and classic car in recent years, could you can get your money back with the right car?

"With the right car?", yep I've spent the last 20 years buying, building and selling up, to finally have the one I want.

To get into the current one now would cost you well over $75k, but if you did it the way I did the cost is spread over the years and the cars building up to it.

What would I get if I sold it?, well that depends if I'm desperate to sell or if someone begs me to sell it to them. I'm in no hurry to get rid of it.This one is a keeper.

Andrew

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

Good to hear andrew. i hear of so many cases of people doing up cars and houses.......they get em perfect, then flog em off!!

all that work, love, and $$$$ to go to someone else who gets a pefect house or car? it doesnt make sense.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

I've spent close to $30000 on my Prem (and still spending) but would be lucky to get half of that if I had to sell it!!

Needs new rear door now and I want to change or add to the motor ( supercharger) !!

A22693AB-8BCB-4FC3-8BFF-00D3CD2E5CE5-7214-000004CE97FCED7A_zpsb240a486.jpg

83FC4765-E79A-4190-AA57-A886C752EA9F-7214-000004CE61430EE5_zps0dad7610.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

stunning example. i take it that is 'before and after' pics? what type of polish you use?? like MIRROR finish!!!

Thanks,

Not before and after, probably 6 mths In between photos taken last summer.

I built it from ground up in 1998, and it's never been buffed, just hand polished with stuff my brother gets ( detailer) although it is in need of a buff or clay now.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

:lol: Why is that? Are you a chiropractor?

Nah mate i have a real job, but i'll give it a go, have done open heart surgery a few times

Geez imagine as the anesthetic starts to kick in, you can't move and in walks Dr Gazza, "no need to worry your in my hands now". :o:huh::blink::wacko: