Other Interests & Hobbies

slotbaker

ah ha.....I have been looking at your profile & can see the original....should I give away your secret?

All Digital SLR cameras allow you to set your saturation, contrast and colour levels, etc. Factory default setting are typically set to 50% on all these settings. Some amateur photographers bump these settings up to 75% or even 100% depending on their cameras level intervals. I set my cameras default settings to 0% across the board - I learnt this from a rather famous landscape photographer.

This is done because a camera's software can only adjust saturation, colour balance, contrast, etc. in 20 or 25% intervals but software like photoshop can adjust in 1% intervals. Therefore you can get a far better result if you post-process using computer software rather than the built-in cameras software.

So hoffy that's why the original image looks dull and colourless, saturation, colour balance, contrast, etc. are all removed. These elements are still in the photos DNA but they have to be enhanced.

Cheers Matt

My Dad had a 'one hour' photo shop and used to take the colours & immediately do a reprint of any sunset type thing ever & take the yellow out (or was it put the cyan in which is the same thing).

It seems that we trick ourselves to think that light is white but we're looking through sunlight and mentally we take the yellow out. It was handy actually 'cause he taught me to look at things properly.

I was pretty excited 'cause I got something printed in a magazine a couple of times.. once I made a little picture across the top in a mag - I was pretty excited! :unsure:

I'll have to go for a play in that site Matt.. ;)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this one.

The broken bridges

I used to ride / run / walk to and from town up that bike track a lot..

Thanks Eno, that photo was taken with the camera set to 'tungsten' light which basically converts all yellow to blue, etc. Can make for some interesting photos.

other interests: I'm a drummer, have played for roughly 17 years. Played in various bands etc. Last band I was in was back in June, they were more interested in drugs, so I told em I'm more interested in building my track.....cya

sadly my track now occupies the space I set my drums up in, they are under the track in cases ;)

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

• 2 weeks later...
- he has trouble just going straight

I reckon you could learn to live with that or fine tune the driving. As Jamie said "Awesome" - Love the press button start

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 1 month later...
Well, my son has just turned 7 and I am supposed to be getting him a kart some day soon.

Instead of a go-kart we decided to go with a dirt bike. My son has ridden a bit on the grass at my mother in laws property and he handled that pretty well, but when we went out on a dirt track at Singleton it was a different story. I didn't get any photos of the stack's but there were plenty. Both the bike and rider held up well though. By the end of the day he was getting around the track nicely.

If anyone is looking for a good dirt track both for beginners and pro's, this is the place to go. The kids track is a nice mix of straights, humps and bends and the big track out the back is for big quads and dirt bikes with heaps of the guys getting plenty of air. Just a bit of a hike from Sydney though. It is about 20k's past Singleton.

justin.JPG

justin2.JPG

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

what a great idea....well Mr Magoo is into anything motorsport and am a mad Kevin Schwantz fan and totally obsessed with Motorcycles I currently own a 1996 model Kawaskai ZX9R with Yoshimura rs3 exhaust which i need to ride more often and have been for the past 12 years.. I am also a member of the Mitsubishi club of South Australia and own a 2001 Aniversary edition Mitsubishi Mirage with all the naughty boy modifications...Exhaust, wheels subwoofer etc.....and recently purchased a Nissan 200sx S15 Silvia....(like the drift cars) but is standard at the moment until i can wrestle it away from the wife. My wife and I have just built a new 4 bedroom home so we are pretty busy getting all the gardens and pergola finalised, DID I HEAR SOMEONE SAY WE COULD BUILD A SLOT CAR SHED. In the litttle time i have left i am a Manager at Woolworths which tends to keep me off the streets but it is always a challenge ,oh and we have also just got 2 new kittens Oliver and Sophie which i am completely flat out trying to keep from climbing my new curtains....but they are awesome fun....oh and have also been pretty busy of late helping oswald900 put the finishing touches to his awesome new slot track, but thats a story for another day....... :P

Edited by mr magoo

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Hi Eno Dog. Good to see another new member. Hope you like the forum and look forward to reading your posts.

Vince

Talk about biting your tongue!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Other interests?

Shooting ............. any and all!

Going Bush ......... anytime

Motorbikes .......... the older the better

Movies ................ all

Sci-Fi .................. just about all

Doing nothing .... when i can

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4422/velocettema9.jpg[/img)

I can't get around to finishing off any cars so I don't know when I am going to get to this, but one day I will.

Seems like I have to get round to figuring out how to post an image.

Help please.

Trying again

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4422/velocettema9.jpg

Edited by Alan Stubbings

Alan Stubbings

What you have to do first is copy the link in the URL box at Photobucket, click the IMG tab which will bring up the URL box and paste the URL in the box and click OK. Its easier if you have the latest version of IE which has tabbed browsing so you can open the 2 sites at the same time in the one browser or Firefox which is basically the same these days.

Confused Eno? :( :D

Stu

Old racers race harder

I can't get around to finishing off any cars so I don't know when I am going to get to this, but one day I will.

Nice saw on the bench as well as the bike Allan.

What is the old girl behind the bench - a Vanguard?

Also notice you have a caravan as well - done any long trips?

FS

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

The factory belongs to a friend of mine. It's the safest place for me to store the Velo.

The saw is his, every man should have one.

The car is his also. It is a late 1950's Mercedes. Used to belong to his father.

The van belongs to someone else who stores it there.

The factory is mainly used by people who need to store their bigger toys.

And to answer the question, no there is no room to build a track.

Alan Stubbings

I had to give up squash, and limit my fishing to calmer days because I stuffed my back, so slots is my main interest right now, but it's hard to beat a hot coffee in one hand while dropping the first line, just as the sun comes over the horizon, 30km from shore, with mirror glass water and the sight of big fins 10 metres below you waiting for breakfast service.

Add travel and following around some of the Australasian motor sport events, makes for a pleasurable schedule.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 6 years later...

What other hobbies do you have besides Slot cars?

I've just started Mountain Biking again after selling my old bike and buying a new Giant Xtc Carbon hard tail, and honestly I'm loving it ATM... Been riding 3-4 times a week and planning on buying a dual suspension for the more serious trails in a few weeks.

I really wouldn't be concerned if I never raced or built a slot car again.

7F9021F6-943A-4BD5-B623-864CA2E5CBC3-5096-0000037EF473EF4D_zps1ed2605d.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

like my bike riding,,,not too keen on training anymore,, which in turn sucks the fun out of having a good race...

I'm trying to convince myself that the house repairs & maintenance that are devouring me is also a fun hobby.

Am also considering taking up arson as a form of relaxation