I looked a again and found everything under scoring ,thanks

Posted Image

#22 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:02 AM

OK i decided to go the arduino way .When trying to configure the board I get the message:incorrect sketch version .please use 1.0.0.7.Then i noticed that the version included in the arduuino data folder is 1.0.0.8 .Where do i get 1.0.0.7 or what am i doing wrong?I have downloaded rc version 1.9.0.0
Thanks in advance
Posted Image

#23 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,868 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:22 AM

You probably have the wrong port selected.
When you upload the sketch to the board check what port the board is connected to.
You need to select the correct port,to get the sketch to upload.the Ardunio software does not look for the port it must be manually selected.
Some generic Ardunio boards require a driver to be installed to communicate with the board,

#24 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

Probably this is not the issue as i test uploaded the sample sketch provided by arduino and it uploads on com4 (led blinks).Also rc sketch file uploads on com4.If i try another port upload is not completed and i get an error message.
Posted Image

#25 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,868 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:38 PM

That is good Alexis. The PC is seeing the board via the Ardunio software.
Now does RC see the board on Com Port 4? There should be a communication Led showing in the configuration screen.

By the way there is no 1.0.0.7 sketch, just make sure that the sketch you are using is the one that came from the download of RC.

#26 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:09 AM

I assume it works now (connection led on setup screen green) after i accidentally discovered that you have to unplug the board and replug while on system selection screen is that normal?
Posted Image

#27 slingshotx

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:24 AM

No that doesn't sound right. Can you also test by pressing the small reset button on the board itself?

I think Dave may have seen a similar issue before, when rc starts it sends a reset instruction to the board, I vaguely remember some of the fake boards aren't able to soft reset.

If it works using the reset button then try sending an email to dave@rc.

#28 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

No it does not reset using the reset button.When i choose arduino from the menu the "L" board led stays continuously on whereas if i unplug and replug the "L" led blinks a few times and come off then the connection led of the screen goes green
Posted Image

#29 slingshotx

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

The only thing I can suggest is try a different type of board, sounds like your reset button isn't working either, the board should turn off and the TX RX lights should blink a few times on reboot.

P.s. I assume its a uno R3 board?

Edited by slingshotx, 28 February 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#30 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:23 PM

It was advertised by the seller as R3 but there is no R3 marking on the board,just uno, so i've been cheated?
Posted Image

#31 slingshotx

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

No I'm sure its an R3. Not all unofficial unos are equal, they often have different chips.

Try emailing Dave @rc he may have an alternative sketch if the board isn't resetting correctly.

#32 slingshotx

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:53 AM

Actually after having the same message on a new board, after you get the message just save the changes anyway, and update the track. Hopefully when you go back in it will work as normal.

Worth a try anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users