gazza

Wrp ...... The Future

Hi folks

I have to say 52 cars was a lot to manage - and we ran multiple rounds in the IoM. :rolleyes: Much better with say 30-40 cars max.

I think we should not get carried away with complicated formulae - it needs to be straightforward, cost-effective and cars and replacement parts easily available.

If we continue to limit it to WRC cars, then I think we should look across the board at various slot manufacturers' WRC cars with control motor and tyres and free choice of guide - bearing in mind that really deep guides will not work on some plastic tracks!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Hello Dave,

why not running a 24 car trial WRC+classic in 2016/2017 with the same rule as the oz rally and have a final for the top 5 cars of each series in both continent?

regards

fabien

Just to prove it does (or rather did) exist and I'm not crazy.

MT-1_zpsnfshdslh.jpg

It is/was 14.5k rpm at 12v, whereas the MT/5 is a 16k long can.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

From what I understand, the M/T-1 is a Ninco NC1 / BWA FC-130 equivalent, and the M/T-5 is a Ninco NC2 / Fly 15k (Original) Truck equivalent.

Unfortunately, it seems that M/T are no longer producing these, which is a pity as the M/T-5 is a great motor.

And yes, the 'FK' cans fit well under the trays where as the 'FC' cans often interfere.

Personally, I'd really like SRP to fit their Speed 16k 'FC' armature into a FK-130 can as that will create a really nice equivelent replacement to the Ninco NC-9 'Sparker' / NC-13 'Evo' motors.

Agreed...

They also should not really exceed a RX-82B in performance, or the hosts will have 'real fun' with them.

FK-180's are a nice fit as Scaleauto/MSC/MRRC and Slot.it both offer adapters, however, you will need to use an axle stop / spacers to centre the axle.

this is why i am saying that we should talk to kilslot... i was amazed by their SCX chassis. i bought a xara and ds4 and bought fit nicely and provide good balance to the car.

regards

fabien

Another cost Fabian on top of the increasing costs of some of the ideas that KEEP coming around again and again on here over this , from new chassis to ally wheels different types of motors , i think we should stop going round in ever decreasing same circles and decide once and for all do we go with what we have with perhaps allowing the 81b motor in as they are still around on e bay and current SCX newer cars, or do we move on from WRP ,it,s really as simple as that.

this is why i am saying that we should talk to kilslot... i was amazed by their SCX chassis. i bought a xara and ds4 and bought fit nicely and provide good balance to the car.

regards

fabien

I second this.I have Lancia Delta,S4,037 and Audi Quattro,BMW M3,Fiat 131,they are really a pleasure to drive .A reasonably priced ,and reasonably performing, long can motor is the issue

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg