Round 11 Casula Raceway

gazza

Well it's been a long wait, what with the postal services and then Xmas, but we have finally managed to kick off the final round of the 2015 WRP

The cars have been checked, cleaned and oiled ready for the start of Stage 1

Two cars were missing after the cleanup, both kiwi's, quick check of the paddocks and where there's sheep ......

DSC_0208_zpsljc6bl53~original .jpg

For something different this year i've started off with a 20 lap stage on the road track

20160103_085728_zpsvkdkx1cb~original .jpg

14 mtrs twisty but flowing, something to loosen everything up and stretch the legs a bit

Some of the action from stage 1

BenM%201_zpshcylpxxt.jpg

Scuderia%20Turini%201_zpsb8xd9q0k.jpg

Mobbzee%202_zpsy3o3acq2.jpg

Ember%203_zpslf2tha5f.jpg

OTFS%203_zpsk5b3xdll.jpg

Alexis%201_zps5qhx5oq4.jpg

Nisco%201_zpsvrjelqzd.jpg

Barbs%20Hill%201_zps94nt7gfw.jpg

Knealer%201_zpsosdzhhf4.jpg

Gas4it%206_zpsmzb8e7iy.jpg

CharlesX%202_zpsvoz25gzr.jpg

Mtucker%202_zpskhjukd8r.jpg

Only one wheel on the deck

Teamred%203_zpsgzer1zp3.jpg

Aquakiwi%202_zpsinigwvgg.jpg

Bigmanrallies%203_zpsnaacx7sx.jpg

gazza%201_zpsqh7b9l0v.jpg

Slotcarmann%206_zpsijheabll.jpg

Pkalbfell%208_zps9yy4mipi.jpg

Branco%203_zpsh15gvc2o.jpg

Snurfen%203_zpsjccwbmlv.jpg

DSC_0104_zpsjc1cwk0z.jpg

Results for Stage 1

Round%2011%20Stage%201_zps2c9opezp.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Thanks for getting this round underway, had to look at pics to remember what car was mine lol.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Great to see the last run underway. Congrats to Keith, Martyn and Barbs for the stage podium.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Happy New Year proxyists! Good luck to all competitors, now that Gaz has managed to get his boots off the dash of the truck. The 10 rounds to date have been very exciting with some close finishes. Now we are back at proxy HQ for the final round, I don't think we are going to be disappointed, judging by the times from Round 11 SS1.

It's been very exciting for me this year, let's see what comes out after the last few rolls of the dice. Have fun running the round team.

Edited by snurfen
wosautos12.gif

Stage 2 has been run and the results tallied, if you don't want to know the result, look away now ...........

Welcome back .......

Quick run around the 35mtr Rally track

20160103_122549_zpsea4ublsz.jpg

20160103_123016_RichtoneHDR_zpsp0viorky.jpg

There was only one car that didn't have a problem on the notorious "hairpin" doing constant 22 second laps and it showed in the final result

Some of the action

DSC_0304_zpslcofszde.jpg

DSC_0311_zpsiwiuchx6.jpg

DSC_0253_zpsvzry5bpd.jpg

DSC_0297_zpsaekrpgem.jpg

DSC_0288_zpsh4gvdcc4.jpg

DSC_0234_zpswmf9ncjk.jpg

DSC_0245_zpsgsxyipvu.jpg

DSC_0312_zpsjolfxvtm.jpg

DSC_0238_zpstkp6diby.jpg

DSC_0213_zpslkjvknvv.jpg

DSC_0241_zpsokep8g0q.jpg

DSC_0276_zpskvdeqwxl.jpg

DSC_0257_zpsf3shghyn.jpg

But nothing can catch the Citroen of Peter Gunn, i estimate that he lost at least 5 seconds over the stage due to the hairpin, but even so he still managed to kick some serious freckle.

DSC_0114_zpsfr8sipdq.jpg

Round%2011%20Stage%202_zps5qj5dvkf.jpg

Round%2011%20Sage%201%20amp%202%20Totals_zpsrzt34ptf.jpg

Stage 3 up soon

Gary

Ummm... Which one didn't have troubles with the hairpin? Matt's?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Cheers for the run Gazza

Thanks for running the round Gazza and co. And thank you to everyone for the entire series. It's been a long haul, but we got there.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Had a bit of a problem due to the drop of rain we had all last week, had a leak in the shed which caused a bit of damage to the track which i haven't been able to repair as yet, only minor but time consuming

With that in mind an executive decision was made to run the final stage on the road track

So good or bad here are the final results .......

Teamred%204_zpski2kfsbr.jpg

Branco%204_zpstlp6qbkx.jpg

Gas4it%204_zpsbrv8br3p.jpg

Aquakiwi%201_zpstubyioki.jpg

Mobbzee%201_zpskeeqiecc.jpg

Ember%201_zpsmhlxkybv.jpg

BenM%204_zpsoy3dxu0t.jpg

Peter%20Gunn%206_zpsiyqhule8.jpg

DSC_0105_zpsnuyrekpv.jpg

Knealer%203_zpspunzwaed.jpg

OTFS%202_zpsk9bi2f4h.jpg

DSC_0098_zpsutcz9owc.jpg

Bigmanrallies%203_zpsnaacx7sx.jpg

DSC_0295_zpsowa231oj.jpg

DSC_0313_zps6hqkjyom.jpg

Slotcarmann%206_zpsijheabll.jpg

Mtucker%201_zps6mpdci9i.jpg

Snurfen%202_zpsopj9wygb.jpg

Pkalbfell%205_zpsd3sna0ux.jpg

DSC_0106_zps4aenpihj.jpg

Round 3 Results

Round%2011%20Stage%203_zpsiswfbvld.jpg

Round 11 Final results

Final%20Results%20Overall_zpsfshmbfi8.jpg

Congratulations the the final round winners .... Peter Gunn, Snurfen and Slotcarmann

DSC_0103%202_zpssqnih3hk.jpg

And congratulations the overall winners of the 2015-16 WRP Snurfen, Peter Gunn and Gas4it

DSC_0106%202_zpsobuqtpv2 ~original.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed the series

Also a big thanks to Craig for helping out at the track, and Ember for keeping tabs on the points table, every little bit helps when running one of these things

Gary

Doh, the track I was slow on. Oh well, didn't change anything really as I'm pretty sure that I kept my 4th overall. Congrats to the round winners and big congrats to Snurfen, Peter and the GAS man for the overall. Happy that the Mitsu had another good proxy and the 2nd place that it had on SCX tyres wasn't a fluke.

Big thanks to Gazza, Craig and Mel as the organisers and Embs for doing the scoring. The proxy has come along was since Tore started it all those years ago as a classic rally. It has been heaps of fun to be part of and watch, it has also been done with minimal hassle, even if there were a few slow points now and then. Big thanks to the hosts who took the time to run a round or three. As a host of the Ozrally series, I know its not an easy thing to do, but done right it is worth it.

See you in the future......

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Congratulations lads. Final official results:

R11_table_zpsw0lxj7bs.jpg

Sub competitions

R11_subs_zpsrbiload1.jpg

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Thanks Gazza and to all who made this another great series, always is one of the best friendly proxies hope we all race agin soon , it,s ok Martyn you can change your pants now chuckle congratulations on your first place, and also to all those who have taken part, Snurfen!!!!!, drinks are on you boyoo . :lol:

That was a great series, thanks to all involved in hosting, entering, posting results etc. A well run proxy which i hope to enter again. I had hoped to host a round in NZ but shifting house and life interfered. Maybe next year with a different car and drivers who have no interest in sheep whatsoever. Kudos to all invoved and congratulations to the podiumites.

Oh well another proxy over and another under way (Oz Proxy) .

Thanks to all who took part. To the hosts and their helpers that ran each stage also a big thanks. To Ember who took on the scoring this proxy ,a big thanks to you as well . We do appreciate your time and effort. To this stage winners ,congrats .

And to the overall winners Snurfen , Peter Gunn and Rossko , congrats and well done . You guys can say ,you are the best in the world for a toy rally slot car.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I must agree with teamredracing, look forward to the next instalment of WRP.

Thanks Peter, you really had me twitching for the last few rounds. Your car really was a beaut to drive. And I like the updated colour scheme!

Congratulation also to Gas4it, your car was also a belter.

To everyone who helped run the series and a round, thank you for your time and effort. I hope you all enjoy being involved as much as I enjoy it. This is the only Proxy I was involved in this year, so Ican't really compare, but it certainly is a really friendly bunch of folk who have helped me spread my friendships far and wide. I've also got lots of locations to race a car if I ever rock up on various shores!

From someone who has spent most of his life mainly being an "also ran" and very occasionally being a "there or thereabouts" competitor, but nevertheless usually enjoys himself, this little championship in our strange little hobby means quite a bit to me. Thank you all for making it happen.

wosautos12.gif

Gees your going to me all teary eyed ..........

DSC_0118_zpsmjae6aqu.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it, just imagine what would have happened if you remembered to post your the other car :D :D :D

• Upvote 1

Gary