Round 11 Casula Raceway

gazza

Another proxy completed and it looks as if 2016 will be without a rally proxy for me a s i missed the OZ one.

Thanks to all entrants ,hosts and their helpers that ran each stage and to Ember for carrying scorekeeping duties.I very much appreciate your time and effort. .

Congrats to overall winners Snurfen , Peter Gunn and Rossko , and well done . You are the best in the world for rally slot cars.I was sorry :D i didnt win , but beating Nisko :P was a target and it was achieved.A Welshman winning was a something to be proud of Wales beeing my second home country as my son is a student at Swansea,Wales.

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Another great edition of the WRP ! Super congratulations to Snurfy, Peter G and GAS41T - all well deserved podiumites. Have to say that I thought Peter's car was awesome. Enormous thanks to Gazza, Craig, Mel and Ember for your time and efforts in getting the show up and running - hope there is a 2016 edition.

Best regards to fellow contestants, its been fun to monitor the ups and downs. Huge thanks to the event hosts for such commitment to get on with running the rounds - much appreciated.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Hi folks

A thousand thanks for the team down under for organising the event and recording the results, no mean feat in itself. :)

A big shout also for those of you who staged rounds for the proxy and kept things ticking along with banter, photos, reports etc. :D

Well done to the top three at the end of the series....Martyn, Peter and Rossko....you guys deserved it as your cars were overall the most consistent and best handling. Some of the rest of us joined the party occasionally on the podium....but not regularly enough to spoil your party...! <_<

On a personal note, Barbs would like to say thanks to whoever drove her cars to two 3rd places in the final round..! :)

I was pleased to make it into the top six overall after a less than auspicious start.

Great series, as usual...!

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

On a personal note, Barbs would like to say thanks to whoever drove her cars to two 3rd places in the final round..! :)

Your welcome :D

Cars are being posted out, i know it's late but we've been waiting on a few things, like the trophy's and such, so all the cars and a few prizes are on there way

Here's the trophy's for this years event

20160130_124745.jpg

And if you leave the magnet holder in, it makes a good display stand

20160130_163634.jpg

20160130_163816.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Thanks to the organiser, all the round runners and everybody else who made this event such an enjoyable success.

Was my third year in this event and the variety of tracks never ceases to amaze. It is also quite good being the only representative of Team Toyota

Must say hats off to SCX too as while there is often debate about the longivity of cars mine seems to have come through fairly well. There was some suggestion of front gear problems but it still seems to be running ok. Whatever problem was hopefully it can be fixed.

Finally congrats to Snurfen, Peter and Rossco for their overall podium positions. I noted Peter's great run over the last 4 rounds but you managed to hold him out Snurfen. Gas41T your consistency is to be appreciated. Never out of the top 10 and a well deserved and clear 3rd place.

Looking forward to next year. Hope event carries on in the same format with the same cars. Whatever happens I hope the organiser(s) can retain a point of difference from the equally enjoyable OZ Rally.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Well done and well run. It's a great series, guys. I know many of us would hate to see it fade away. But I do think it is a good idea to take a hiatus and rethink the positions and strategy. Who knows, maybe in the interim there might be some chance of getting a manufacturer on board to help defray the postage costs a bit in return for the advertising and sales they get.

Well done to the three on the podium steps. All well deserved posies.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

WOW so pleased for the little pale green car to win something as nice as that , this was the first proxy i ever entered 3 years ago and to finish on the podium is something special, car seemed to get better as the series went on just goes to show those 81 motors age quite well, to you fellow pods, Snurfen and Gas a couple of great cars there lads , to all others who took part congratulations on being in the premier rally proxy race , to the organisers and the hosts, and all the helpers you all did a fantastic job for us all, just hope our cars all meet up again soon.

Delighted that I've had my moment of glory this year, and with this series you do get to see different people at the top each year. To me, that is one of the ingredients that makes it such an interesting event.

Looking forward to seeing this great event come back strong and fresh late in the year and let's see who can raise through the ranks to take over the podium slots that Peter Gunn, Gas4it and myself have borrowed for this year.

Thanks for all the hard work for this involved from start to finish, and let's get some sponsors involved. I'll be nagging the UK importer, fancy giving us a hand the other UK folks?

wosautos12.gif

TROPHIES AND PRIZES

Trophies_zpsppop4pvy.png

In addition to the trophies we have 4 SCX cars to give to the top 4 places.

1st pick of a car Snurfen

2nd pick of a car Peter Gunn

3rd pick of a car Gas41T

Last car will go to Ben M

Cars

Car%20Prizes_zps6gqrjdth.png

S Loeb Citroen DS3 WRC car

K Block Ford Fiesta WRC car

Totip Lancia DeltaS4

Mitsubishi Lancer

The top three donated out of OTF's stock hidden from Mrs Flipper :P and the Lancer donated by Gazza

The trophies (as was last year) donated by Devious Dave

Would the place getters:

Snurfen, Peter Gunn, Gas41T and Ben M

In this order make their choice.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

More than generous, that's what makes this such a great event, well done.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Thanks very much for a great series guys.

Hope this event continues in some form in the future.

Well done to the top guys, those cars must be very quick.

My "used" Focus arrived back this morning and still has about the same performance as when it left, CRAP compared to those great cars at the top of the Results.

I will now be fitting another body ( thanks Keith) hoping we continue with SCX as the basis of the series.

Hi Ben_M.

Have all the cars been sent yet? Looking forward to getting mine back so any damage and necessary repairs can be assessed.

Like Phil looking forward to a similar event next year. As stated previously hope it retains a point of difference from OZ Rally.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Keen to see it stay the same also. Except for the results lol

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Oops pressed wrong button, what i wanted to say really enjoy the WRP in particular, thanks for all that is done for us all by so many, really happy to win the trophy and a car , but would like to donate my car to the future prize fund as there will be another WRP , off that i'm pretty sure of :)

Hi Ben_M.

Have all the cars been sent yet? Looking forward to getting mine back so any damage and necessary repairs can be assessed.

Like Phil looking forward to a similar event next year. As stated previously hope it retains a point of difference from OZ Rally.

Regards Chas Le Breton

All the cars have been returned except for those with trophies. Yours shouldn't be too far away although one sent to Tassie took over a week :angry:

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Oops pressed wrong button, what i wanted to say really enjoy the WRP in particular, thanks for all that is done for us all by so many, really happy to win the trophy and a car , but would like to donate my car to the future prize fund as there will be another WRP , off that i'm pretty sure of :)

Thanks PG I appreciate your generosity. BTW your car and trophy was posted today.

Graham and Jack arrived home safe and sound today. They were warmly and snugly wrapped against the rigors of their long journey homeward. A big thanks lads.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction