Trackmate Problems

luvhistorics

G'day, feels like ages since I posted anything, I hope someone could shed some light on a trackmate timing issue for me.

I have had it for a couple of years now but all of a sudden it wont recognise the module for some reason? I have checked all the wiring etc but nothing is out of the ordinary or damaged, it is running on an old laptop with Vista which only is used for the track timing. I have gone through the setup settings, com port etc but still no go. I am using a usb connection to the laptop, same as I have since purchased which I have had no issues with at all.

Has anyone had a trackmate module die on them for any reason? Is there a typical life span on these things? We have had some lighting storms of late so possibly a power surge?

Lastly, is there another timing system that is compatible with the original infered gantry and LEDs or an update that I should do? It is the 6.8.1 version

Cheers

Never heard of a Trackmate module dying, - I've been selling them for a few years, people who think one has died, have invariably found another problem. Usually it is a connector cable.

But you can't possibly be using a USB cable if you have an older Trackmate board, you must be using a serial to USB cable/adapter, which includes some electronic circuitry - usually inside the base of the serial end.

THOSE sometimes die. so just buy yourself a new serial to USB adapter off EBAY. Search for one which has a GENUINE PL 2303 adapter, and plug it in.

It will probably cure the problem for a few bucks.

There are more recent versions of the software for Trackmate, and you can use Race Coordinator software with it.

The light bridge should work with any timing cable with the same type of IR sensors, the DB25 plug on your one going to the TM board could be used on a native DB25 connector on a PC, with RC software, but frankly, TM is still the best basic solution.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Good point Phil, could just be a corrupted driver - more likely if the PC is still net connected and gets updates, worth a go

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Now it says "trackmate interface v found good to go" but when I press start in either practice or race mode there is nothing, timer doesn't start and there isn't any voice stating Go! Like usual?...

I just had this problem on a new Vista install. Even though I used autodetect for the com port, (I got the same "trackmate interface v found good to go" you did) it apparently selected the wrong com port. I just kept manually changing the com port until it worked. Worth a try anyway.

• 4 weeks later...