Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo40

Interest Sparked Again

Hi All,

Well I'm almost 50 and building a shed out the back, the shed is for my to set up a DCC HO Railway (British Steam) I've always wanted to do and to start gaming again. While rumbling thru some stuff I came across an old 1/24 flexi car and then I started thing about a digital slot car setup. To get around some zoning issue the shed is only going to be 5m x 4m so room is at a premium. I would really love to start with an analogue routed 2 lane track 100mm spacing for 1/32. I'm thing 12' x 6' would probably be the minimum size for a decent experience. But before going down that track I'm thinking of just getting a Scalextric F1 App Race Control set, set it up on a table tennis table and see how it goes. The thought of dropping 1K on a plastic track digital set doesn't appeal and I will need to think of a solution pack up gaming table and slot track then the other is not in use. Any general advice and pitfalls to avoid would be appreciated.

Ric

You can make a routed wood track with power supply and timing system for about 1/3 the cost of plastic - or there are those on this forum who would build you one...

Best to keep the Flexi for bigger tracks (commercial) to get the best out of them, but I can run mine on my 3 lane track which is only 13.5 m long.

Your location?

I'm there are some forumites who would be reasonably close to you.

A wise man once said... "Its not the mistakes you make , its how you respond to them that matters."

(It wasn't me)

I'm located at Merrylands, Sydney. I've decided to go small into Scalextric and maybe this time next year think about a routed track. I need to learn a lot more.

Pendle hill 1/32nd world

Wednesday 7:00pm we race scalextrics v8's

Come down you will learn real quick, we are more than happy to give advise in car setups etc

Rossko

Learn schmearn. Doing is learning. Don't be afraid of mistakes.

Routing practice on scrap is a good start.

Just read up from the experts on here (as I have).

Lots of good tips.

A wise man once said... "Its not the mistakes you make , its how you respond to them that matters."

(It wasn't me)