Policar Lotus

10 replies to this topic

#1 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:05 AM

The wait has been a bit tortuous, But now the cars are leaving for distributors, and Policar published the final marketing pictures overnight.
The full album of pictures
http://www.policar.i...lbum/index.html
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2018 "The older I get, the faster I was" * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#2 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:38 AM

I was very skeptical about the gear train in these cars, but having recently had the chance to look and race Andi's Brabham with the same gear train it does work very well.

Only real problem I see is that it will need a running partner or partners to make up a race class.

#3 difinity

Difinity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

Is this likely to be over scale like the Tyrell 6 wheeler?

#4 dangermouse

Kart Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

No

I assume you are talking about the Policar toy Tyrell 6 wheeler from the 80s? Not even the same company. The Policar name in Italy is like Scalextric in England/Spain.
I may not be 100% correct but I believe slot.it bought the rights to name as it is an iconic name - as a young slot car enthusiast Maurizio probably dreamed of owning Policar

I am confident this will be a stunning car. I just hope that they can turn out the next releases a bit quicker than the couple of years this one has taken.

Last I heard they were delayed because every car once delivered required a minor adjustment to something done incorrectly at the factory.

DM

Edited by dangermouse, 15 December 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#5 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:02 AM

Policar is owned by Slot It, the Lotus was designed by Andrew Roland in conjunction with Slot It, and Slot it are producing it.
They have already released some Slot It Ferrari 312 PB under the Policar label.

#6 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

Yes it's been a long time from concept to delivery and it's good to see they are testing cars right up until the last minute to find these sorts of issues (amazing what a couple of spacers can do).

" the assembly line used spacers which were different from what was specified (2x0.05 instead of 2x0.20), something that could lead to early damage of the gearbox, which runs like a clockwork, but as such, requires the use of the specified parts!"

I'm sure they'll be churning out new models in 2016 (hopefully not at the same rate as slot.it cars).

#7 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

D.M. - you summed it up pretty much perfectly...
imagine Jules had come across a "defunct" Scalextric and had re-created the brand with Slot.it quality.

Phil, is that a proxy entry car you have on hand?

View Postmiveson, on 15 December 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

I'm sure they'll be churning out new models in 2016 (hopefully not at the same rate as slot.it cars).

Mark - your wallet running scared is it? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2018 "The older I get, the faster I was" * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#8 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

Yes Mark.
I ran two rounds of Andi's DFV Proxy race down here, so had a chance to look at the gearbox design close up and drive his car with the setup.
These cars should run very well unlike the new offerings from SRC where the chassis is so flexible the gears won't stay in mesh!

Posted Image

One of Andi's test gear boxes in a Brabham.

Posted Image

Close up of the gear box.

Edited by kalbfellp, 15 December 2015 - 11:11 AM.

#9 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

That helmet is cool, and the tampo looks a bit special too. Just wondering, should the photo model have a wonky airbox? Whilst my plans have been to wait for the jps version, there's always Christmas money ;)
My mum says I'm an excellent driver

#10 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:57 AM

This popped up overnight from Maurizio

#11 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:47 AM

Runs like she's on rails. Oh. Wait.... Umm...

Andy should be a very proud boy. Photos look fabulous. Drive train bits will be available to scratchers. Win all round.

Mani, you're right. The JPS version is going to be gorgeous.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users