Ozrally Round 2- Rambo Rally

Ben_M

No bumps on my Targa track, so it will be interesting to see how it goes here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

Well done to the podiumites (Ben, Mel and Phil) and thanks very much Ben for such a well run WRC round. The photos are great and the comments helpful. Wish I could get that shudder out of my Subaru.

My usual comparison with last year - I ended up in the same overall position (5th) but my total time was 15 secs quicker. The winning time was 7 secs quicker. Slightly faster best times were recorded in Stages 1 and 3 but overall clearly cars performed more consistantly.

Looking forward to final stage for Historics.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi all. Someone broke the internet here so I'm connecting through my phone, and as I have work Christmas Party tomorrow night and we fly to Japan on Saturday, this may be the last opportunity to post. Unfortunately that means I will only post the results tonight without all of the pics and comments, but you never know what will happen in the next few days. Will sort it out when I get back if I dont get to it in the next few days.

In case I forget, thanks to Mark for sorting out the overall points. Top job as always.

Who won the final stage of the event? Will it be one of the fords or will Phils Porsche get up, maybe another wildcard.

Drum roll please..............

Ignore the fact that it says stage 2, it is really stage 3, and Shadows fastest lap time is also wrong.

23510061760_18b3ed4f64_c.jpg

Well done again GAS. A fairly convincing victory on the stage. The standout for me was Slow1's alpine. Really didn't seem that fast while driving it, but I guess that was what helped to get such a good time. The two scally RS200's were the best over the bumps, I was amazed how well they stuck to the track.

And so to the overall, no prizes for guessing who came out on top. Second place however.....

23158023524_b96f4399e2_z.jpg

(apologies for the crap pic)

23488165180_4a5b24451b_c.jpg

He couldn't do it last year but he did it this year. Two out of three for this event ain't bad. Slow1 just got its noise in front of Phil for second.

The cars are on their way the Canberra for round 3 and the show keeps on rolling at a pretty fast pace.

Peace!

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Historic points table updated and Houston we have a problem.

Phil has managed the impossible and is currently leading all 3 proxy classes after Round 2. Some may say that each host has received a brown paper bag with the proxy parcel that is filled with a roll of notes and others would say that the parcel includes some sweet looking bodies (not of the undiverse or naked kind - rather resin bodies of cars).

Of course the more likely outcome is simply the fact that at this very early stage of the proxy that Phil has to date, built the most consistent car in each class. Whilst the glory is sure to be short lived we cannot deviate away from the podiumites for Stage 2 and the superb efforts that Ben has undertaken squeezing this amazing round in to his calendar in-between work parties (I mean who could possibly be sober enough to use their phone at the work function to post results - clearly the venue is playing a poor selection of music or there is a very long line up at the toilets) and jetting off for a well earned break in Japan.

There is a bit of a gap opening up between the field and the top 5 and leading the charge up the leader board are the surprise packaged from last year in the form of the Scalextric RS200's. Surely the Scalex cars will feel right at home in Round 3 where they travel on their track of choice the Mt Rusty Scalex sport track.

So we enter the Xmas period with a glimmer of hope and low expectations around another round completing before the end of the year. So many questions, very few answers and a whole lot of left overs.......

2016_OP_R2_H.jpg

Thanks again Ben. I know this has all been a big rush to get completed in time for your trip.

I am sure all the entrants appreciate it.

Well done to Ross and another great result.Good to see Stu's Alpine have a good run here.

Keith I only had a problem with your car in one direction on my track, it was over a hump and the kids Pajero had problems on the same hump and corner. I cannot if Stu,s Avant last year was the same.

Well done Gas, and Phil. It is a great showing to see Phil leading all 3. Pretty close in the end for 2nd, I feel a bit lucky :)

Congrats to all the others at the pointy end in the other classes too.

Top job Ben and thanks for nursing the fragile Alpine back to health!

Hi all and especially Ben_M and Miveson.

Well done to the Historic podiumites and organisers Also well done Phil for lead in all three classes.

Appears overall points for RAID however have been repeated rather than overall for Historic. Will look forward to these Miveson when you can manage.

Have a good break Ben_M. Well deserved. Will look forward to photos and other comments on your return.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Ta Miveson. Ctrl F5 worked fine.

Very happy with my overall result. Appear to have not gone well in S3 with Historic but 1st in S2 made up for this.

Appreciate all the good work. Having run a few proxy rounds in NZ I know they are a lot of work.

Really looking forward to R3 which is already underway - and the rest of the proxy of course..

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)