Group 5 Conclusion And Returns

drw21

Hi Guys, the cars have arrived back to me and I have already sent them to there homes.

The over-seas racers will of course take a bit longer but the Kiwi guys should get them early to mid next week.

I will take this oppertunity to once again THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU that has helped to make the last few years of the NZ Proxy an awesome event to be involved with.

From the ever helpful hosts and their bunch of helpers, race controllers, marshalls, drivers etc and the guys that go to the trouble of entering a car or two can not go unmentioned.

As a competitor and organiser it has truely been a hoot with lots of close racing on every track and each year the quality of cars gets better so guys must be learning something and that is great for all of us.

It has been an honour to build on and keep going what Mark started all those years ago.

It is also great that David Carter has taken over and hopefully beyond 2016.

I'm sure DC will do a great job and I encouage you will all continue to support him by entering the NZ Proxy when ever you can.

I wish you all a happy Xmas and a great 2016.

All the best Guys - Dave

Edited by drw21

Dave , it's been a pleasure hosting rounds of both proxies , while you have been running everything , and like you say the quality of the cars has gotten better over the last couple of years ,and the racing has been close and exciting , long may it continue with David Carter ... from me and the other Christchurch based proxy racers Thank you for everything .. Look forward to trying to beat you in future proxies ( haha ) can only but try ...

Hope you and the family have a great Xmas and a Happy New Year ....

See you in 2016 Canam Proxy ... Wazza .

it has been great to be involved in both of the proxy series

I have really enjoyed driving and marshalling the cars that have entered

thanks for all your work Dave and hope to see you still involved with entering

have a great Xmass and new year

I must say I am looking forward to my cars getting home

I am missing them

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Been a very good experience for my first time , as always learned a lot and will put that into next years build which is nearly finished for some extensive testing, thanks to all for making it possible and to Dave for all he has put into it well done , expect a few new cars will be around at xmas, to you all may peace and happiness reign in all your and your loved one's lives into 2016 and beyond , Happy Christmas everybody. Keith

Dave, your cars arrived this morning with mine.

Give me a call and drop round sometime over the weekend if you want to grab them.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

My grp 5 arrived home safely today.

Cheers and thanks to Dave West for a great couple of years Proxy racing.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

My car's arrived back Dave. Thanks heaps for all the hard work organising this event - and all the others. Respect.

This was my worst ever result in a proxy. As the general standard of cars improves I am drifting down the pack. Maybe it's time for me to drop the non podded polava and get down with the podites.

Yeah. Nah.

Podiums are for short people.

Hi Guys, great to see the cars are getting home. I'm sure you've been missing them.

Yup Mac, ditch the non pod job if ya want to get to the pointy end, even though you are the master (from what I have seen) at setting up non pod cars.

Thanks for the kind comments Guys.

How ironic is this...............

The reason I didn't want to run the NZ proxies from 2016 is it takes a lot of time, now I have heaps of time as no longer working, it was out of my hands, yup, I got made redundant a few weeks ago.

Ya gotta laugh eh.

All the best Guys and well done for DC to carry on with it, I'm in for CanAm with a Lola T222 #51..........

C'mon Guys get your CanAm cars on the grid.

Edited by drw21

Sorry to hear about your job Dave

But as Mark says HB has a great lifestyle

world wining wineries,nice bars/restaurants, nice pace of life, great weather and some nice slot car tracks to

Have got you on the can-am list

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Sorry to hear about your job loss Dave.

I'm getting the push from my job next June and there are zero employment opportunities here in Westport.

Good luck on your job search.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Isn't it funny,

I had a run with my Capri when it got home

And guess what !! I'm not happy with it...

So next year I will be building a faster & smoother

Car

To all merry Christmas and a happy new year

Rossko

yep, that's really funny Rossko ...but I know the feeling

Seasons greetings to all

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg