pmdaniels

New Shed New Track

Very nice but steady with the scenery, don't overdo it!!

• Upvote 1

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Great Looking track. Have fun driving on it!

Can't help but wonder though, Armchair, Hornsby, Thunderbird, and a number of Home/Private tracks all have similar designs. Is this just a coincidence???

Brooksy

Can't help but wonder though, Armchair, Hornsby, Thunderbird, and a number of Home/Private tracks all have similar designs. Is this just a coincidence???

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but this is my dream track...Dicke Berta. At 52m long it has everything, at a pinch with low numbers you could even marshall it with 4 people.

I would love to race this track, one day I'll build something similar. For several reasons, I'd be inclined to reverse the track direction though.

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

WEll done Pete, not only are you damn fast in a race, but you can built a beautiful track as well!!!

your a talented man. Being at Noarlunga, you gonna join the long standing (15years plus) South City Raceway series, or another group?

would love a drive when you send the first invites......

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Well actually I like Thunderbirds Brabham and Hornsby's flat track , but the idea for this came from Narangba (QLD) , didn't have enough room for turn 6 though !

Thanks for all the positive comments

PeterD

You're right Pete, take of your glasses, close one eye, squint and it does look like one-half of the Narangba track. :P

You've done a very nice job with a tradesman like finish.. good to see you have used what is recognised as the best long term building practise for slotcar track construction.

As Garry said a few posts ago the system Hasse Nilsen created (way back in the 80's ! ) is hard to beat because of its simplicity and ease of relocation if the track ever has to be moved. Another bonus with this system is the ease of making additional pieces if the new location allows the track to be extended in any direction. Too often in the past we lost fantastic tracks because they were built as a "one piece" and had to be cut up to move.. often to the tip.

So... one day when you get a bigger shed you can build the rest of Narangba :huh:

[quote name=Camber' timestamp='1452080836' post='246060'

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but this is my dream track...Dicke Berta. At 52m long it has everything, at a pinch with low numbers you could even marshall it with 4 people.

I would love to race this track, one day I'll build something similar. For several reasons, I'd be inclined to reverse the track direction though.

Yes, apologies too for hijacking the thread, but that track is huge and looks like a good track to drive.

Pete, SCR would be interested in running one of our fun nights on your track during the year if your receptive?

Normal people worry me

SAM_0834_zpspa4sgfng.jpg

Drivers panel done , wired up and all 4 lanes running .

SAM_0831_zps5fequfzw.jpg

SAM_0830_zpstjgrdmq4.jpg

SAM_0829_zpsdu78a6qo.jpg

Now to build a light bridge and get timing system sorted out .

• Upvote 1

PeterD

Pete, SCR would be interested in running one of our fun nights on your track during the year if your receptive?

Nowhere near ready for that Triggy

PeterD

Nowhere near ready for that Triggy

Nice looking track.

It should be getting close..

Dennis